Author Topic: Getting Autographs at Comic-Con 2015  (Read 25508 times)

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Re: Getting Autographs at Comic-Con 2015
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 03:34:58 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi!  How's about getting autographs from comic DC writers (Jim Lee, Scott Synder, Paul Dini)?  Is there a line at the WB at the Sail Pavilion?  Or do I go to the DC booth?  Advise, please.  Thanks.
You will find information at the booth - in this case who they work for like DC . Some signings are first come and others are ticketed. Some may require a purchase but check with the booth for the 411.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline ahbbb

• Room 6BCF
    • autograph hounds blah blah blog
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 05:34:23 AM »

You will find information at the booth - in this case who they work for like DC . Some signings are first come and others are ticketed. Some may require a purchase but check with the booth for the 411.
Yes, check with the DC booth and not the WB booth.
The program Guide is a wealth of info about various booth signing too.
And follow the artists that interest you on twitter. Most likely they will announce their appearances. Some artists hit a lot of booths. So if you miss out on one opportunity you might find another.
A Brave Man Likes to Feel the Weather on his Face
A Wise Man Knows When to Get Out of the Rain

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 08:38:32 AM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 06:12:14 AM »
Has anyone here got Marvel Movie Cast signings before, and if so, any tips?

I am aiming for Last Man On Earth and iZombie, thinking those maybe the most realistic gets for me.

Best year was 2011 when I got Big Bang Theory, Always Sunny, and Bobs Burgers.

Offline Hal Roth

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 06:20:55 AM »
Has anyone here got Marvel Movie Cast signings before, and if so, any tips?

I am aiming for Last Man On Earth and iZombie, thinking those maybe the most realistic gets for me.

Best year was 2011 when I got Big Bang Theory, Always Sunny, and Bobs Burgers.

With WB signings, just remember that you can not bring a personal item to have signed by the stars.  They will have a poster at the signing and that is what can be signed.  WB security does not play regarding this rule.

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 07:18:07 AM »
What about Fox signings, I know they're usually on the Fox booth, but is there a ticket drawing upstairs or what?

Offline fivexfive84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Twitter: @fivexfive84
  • Liked: 58
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 07:33:19 AM »
What about Fox signings, I know they're usually on the Fox booth, but is there a ticket drawing upstairs or what?
I did signings at the Fox booth last year for Archer and Wayward Pines. The ticket drawing was upstairs in the sails pavilion.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019
EMCC 2011
Wondercon 2017

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 08:29:37 AM »
Fox and WB have drawings on Sails during the morning.

Keep in mind they are located in different areas so you have to choose one. Once you finish with one then you jump on the other line if your target is still available at that time.

Please keep in mind there is security in place so line cutting will not be tolerated.

Offline freeagent

• Exhibit Hall
    • tumblrrrr
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 10:51:50 PM »
i would imagine you can also get signatures at that walker stalker con thing going on at petco park too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 08:21:05 AM »

i would imagine you can also get signatures at that walker stalker con thing going on at petco park too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yes. There will be a fee for each person though. Hopefully they announce pricing in advance.

Offline 22soulatker

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 01:25:06 PM »
Yes. There will be a fee for each person though. Hopefully they announce pricing in advance.

Yea but I dont see Andrew or Norman on those. Looks like there just having previous cast members at that Con.

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »
Yea but I dont see Andrew or Norman on those. Looks like there just having previous cast members at that Con.

I am sure they will be announced closer to the con. With the entire current cast there for SDCC, how could they not attend Walker Stalker?

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 02:18:33 PM »
Maybe some of the Fear the Walking Dead cast will show up. That would be cool along with some of TWD cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline Merrisa

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 12:38:40 PM »
Because the panel likes are going to be so crazy this year I am thinking of just trying for autographs instead. I know the two main lines at Sails in the morning for autographs are for WB and Fox. Can anyone give some insight into which line has the better odds or at least moves faster? I went through the WB line last year once for the Hobbit, but all the tickets for that were gone before I got to the front of the line. Did manage to get a True Blood signing and my friend got an Arrow, but we had lined up outside around 1am, after we realized we weren't getting wristbands for Hall H. I know for WB you have to declare what panel your are interested in and only get 1 chance, but I heard Fox lets you draw tickets from multiples until you get a winning ticket? Can anyone confirm this? Also, I really want to try for the Game of Thrones signing - any advice on what time to line up to have a chance before all the autograph tickets are gone?

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »
Because the panel likes are going to be so crazy this year I am thinking of just trying for autographs instead. I know the two main lines at Sails in the morning for autographs are for WB and Fox. Can anyone give some insight into which line has the better odds or at least moves faster? I went through the WB line last year once for the Hobbit, but all the tickets for that were gone before I got to the front of the line. Did manage to get a True Blood signing and my friend got an Arrow, but we had lined up outside around 1am, after we realized we weren't getting wristbands for Hall H. I know for WB you have to declare what panel your are interested in and only get 1 chance, but I heard Fox lets you draw tickets from multiples until you get a winning ticket? Can anyone confirm this? Also, I really want to try for the Game of Thrones signing - any advice on what time to line up to have a chance before all the autograph tickets are gone?

I can only speak to the Fox autographs because I did a few last year. However, I don't think either line has better odds or moves faster. They basically start moving the line through when they want. WB usually starts earlier than Fox. Yes they let people pick one show until you get a winning ticket, but it totally depended on who was at the table that day. I saw a lot of upset people who wanted Teen Wolf (or something really popular) and got Bob's Burgers. In that case, it seemed like if you wanted one of the popular panels it was more difficult. Fox usually runs out of the big shows in a few minutes. I would say if you are in the first group right by the entrance once you go through Sails then you have a good shot of at least getting something.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 05:04:25 PM »
To get a chance to draw a ticket at a WB or Fox signing at the Sails pavilion, what time would you suggest to get in line?