Author Topic: SDCC 2024 Hotel Discussion  (Read 11997 times)

Offline Snick3

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
Re: SDCC 2024 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2024, 10:00:50 PM »
I've now stayed at Bayfront, Omni, Marriott, Hyatt and the Hard Rock. Of those, Bayfront had the best room and the closeness to Hall H. However, Omni and Hard Rock both had being center to food while being center of the convention center.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2024, 06:14:52 PM »
I'm hoping to get a downtown hotel nearby. Lottery submissions are always when I'm at work so I can only use 1 device. I tried to grab a downtown hotel earlier but I accidentally put in the wrong dates. When I try to switch it its like 6k total. So hoping that hotel lottery helps out.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 01:56:43 AM »

Offline Snick3

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2024, 07:05:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm hoping to get a downtown hotel nearby. Lottery submissions are always when I'm at work so I can only use 1 device. I tried to grab a downtown hotel earlier but I accidentally put in the wrong dates. When I try to switch it its like 6k total. So hoping that hotel lottery helps out.

Do you not have other people you go with that will be trying for rooms also?

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2024, 10:33:36 AM »
It is really nice to be in walking distance to the convention center. Especially if you can SEE the convention center from your hotel window. For people like me who get lost easily, a direct line of sight to the hotel is really helpful!
- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Offline QTkeylala

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2024, 12:32:06 AM »
Based on last year, I predict the E-mail notices will be sent out on Monday, April 8 with the actual Hotelapocalypse two days later.

Really?  I was actually thinking the week right after WonderCon. Since Hotelmaggedon is run by OnPeak, the only thing that CCI has to do is send the email that it will occur.  And I'm sure that OnPeak has been prepared for the upcoming Hotelassacre. Don't you think?  Because they do the 2 rounds of hotel releases.

Offline QTkeylala

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2024, 12:35:19 AM »

When I used to be more on-top of things prior to having 2 kids, I went in search of hotels like a hawk prior to release. And one time, I was able to get Residence Inn Downtown for 2 adjoining 2 rooms for less than $300/day, but I had to stay on Tuesday to Sunday.  It was so worth the extra day.   And the year before that, it was Embassy Suites.

Offline Snick3

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2024, 02:13:29 PM »
I do this but with VRBO and AirBNB. About six or seven years ago you could get them at decent prices but not anymore.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #112 on: Yesterday at 07:15:08 AM »
I am hoping they give decent notice ahead of the lottery this year but given the past few years it seems unlikely. I am a bit concerned I may miss the lottery date given how crazy busy I have been with work and life the past few weeks. I never seem to receive an email from Comic Con about the hotel lottery anymore, like I used to some years ago. I have to check the website and/or here to stay in the loop.

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #113 on: Yesterday at 07:18:30 AM »
I am hoping they give decent notice ahead of the lottery this year but given the past few years it seems unlikely. I am a bit concerned I may miss the lottery date given how crazy busy I have been with work and life the past few weeks. I never seem to receive an email from Comic Con about the hotel lottery anymore, like I used to some years ago. I have to check the website and/or here to stay in the loop.
They usually give pretty short notice right?  I feel like they’ve given as much as a week’s notice and as little as a few days.  But maybe I’m misremembering.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #114 on: Yesterday at 07:25:16 AM »
 Last couple times it’s been 2 days

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #115 on: Yesterday at 07:26:13 AM »
Last couple times it’s been 2 days
Yeah I think you’re right.  I do remember very short notice lately.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #116 on: Yesterday at 07:31:18 PM »
Do you not have other people you go with that will be trying for rooms also?

I have friends going who are also bringing their own family members.