Author Topic: Today, would YOU go to SDCC? **If you change your mind, u can change your VOTE**  (Read 26614 times)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
For anyone who thought there would be no cons in 2020, Tampa Bay Comic Con was given the green light to go forward in July today.  Temperature checks and hand sanitizer, but nothing about reduced capacity or 6 foot distance.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
45,000-60,000 attendees.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For anyone who thought there would be no cons in 2020, Tampa Bay Comic Con was given the green light to go forward in July today.  Temperature checks and hand sanitizer, but nothing about reduced capacity or 6 foot distance.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
45,000-60,000 attendees.
Wow! Are any celebrities going there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
Unless they cancel (which hopefully they do), headliners are Tom Felton and Paul Bettany.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
Amazing that they're going ahead with the con. Even if I weren't afraid of getting infected, I wouldn't pay upfront money for tickets if my goal were to see the celebrity guests. I'm pretty sure most if not all will cancel. I know the con organizers wouldn't be giving any refunds for cancelled guests.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Wow! Are any celebrities going there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was think ing the same thing!!!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
Sounds like Greedy con organizers because you know most guests are going to cancel if they can afford to.  Leaving attendees with non-refundable badges to an event with minimal draw.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
Well it’s FL ... may not be minimal draw.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
Well it’s FL ... may not be minimal draw.
Sorry meant attendees will be happy to go, creatives I imagine will mostly cancel.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
Depends — with no cons in 4 months, some may desperately need the money.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
Trump also confirmed yesterday, what I expected to be the case — there will be no shutdown if there is a second wave in the fall.  So you can bet that a lot of cons in the second half of the year in red states will proceed as planned.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Trump also confirmed yesterday, what I expected to be the case — there will be no shutdown if there is a second wave in the fall.  So you can bet that a lot of cons in the second half of the year in red states will proceed as planned.

Hopefully governors will take the lead and shut down their own states.  Not holding my breath though.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
That’s why I said red states, but several of those governors will blindly follow Trump’s lead.  And if some states do shut down while many others stay open, I wonder if those shut down states will be sued by DOJ.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Trump says he is leaving stuff up to the governors.  We'll see if we can trust his word on this (hahahahahahaha).

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
While he tweets his support to “liberate” blue states that aren’t rushing to reopen.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
What ends up happening in the blue states is that you still have red legislators who file suit and claim the governor doesn't have the authority to maintain a shutdown. Then, if the courts are red, as they are here in Wisconsin, the court rules in their favor rendering the governor powerless to do anything. Then it's up to the local municipalities.  Only a few exercised their authority to maintain a shutdown and now they are being sued. And in some cases the suits are seeking monetary damages for maintaining illegal shutdown. Stay tuned.