Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld  (Read 34402 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So.... who wants to go to Disneyland before SDCC 2020?   :P

We’re going at WonderCon!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
So.... who wants to go to Disneyland before SDCC 2020?   

We’re going at WonderCon!

If I could afford it, I would totally join you (because I love Disney, ha ha), but man, Disneyland tickets are so expensive these days... >__<
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
So.... who wants to go to Disneyland before SDCC 2020?   :P
This Minnesotan is coming back to California for Galaxy’s Edge during WonderCon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
Brings back memories of the the other SW symphony...... And the red light saber group ;)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
the red lightsaber group!
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
It's a lot colder tonight !!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Ha!  By SDCC 2020, I will have been to Galaxy’s Edge/Batuu at least 20 times (I’m already at 4 since it first opened).
I went this year the Sunday & Monday before Comic-Con with a bunch of people in my line-up group.  We had a blast!  My family was in tow, so I didn't hang out with them 24/7 (they all got a BnB house I think) but it was a great time to hang out before SDCCI.  A few folks bought lightsabers, and they all went to the Cantina one evening.
I highly recommend it; we all had a blast (though I don't know how comfortable the rental SUV was from Anaheim-SD with all those folks crammed in) :P

Ha!  By SDCC 2020, I will have been to Galaxy’s Edge/Batuu at least 20 times (I’m already at 4 since it first opened).
Yeah I'm an Annual Passholder and I've been to D-Land WAY more this summer than I typically go during the summer!  I've easily gone 5 times (though twice with Reservations before it opened to the public); I rode he Falcon ride 6 times the first day I went during the 'soft opening' alone!  It really is a fun place for a Star Wars nerd; can't wait for the other ride to open!!

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
We're going to Galaxy's Edge next weekend, yay! 

Of course I'm just now looking into the details and was only able to get a reservation for the Cantina at 8:20am.  I took it, of course, but I'm wondering if there's a chance we can get in later in the day? 

The lightsaber experience has availability before 9:15am.  But I don't need a $200 lightsaber, lol.

Does anyone have any tips from a recent visit?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
That's odd... when we went just before SDCC they only took Oga's reservations on the same day, starting at 7 am. You may want to try logging in at 7 am on the day you want to visit and looking for a reservation.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Reservations and Cancellation Policies

Reservations

The Oga’s Cantina experience is subject to availability and reservations are highly recommended as walk-ins will be very limited. Separate theme park admission is also required.

A valid, accepted credit card number is required at the time of booking. You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per person cancellation fee. If you fail to timely cancel and are a no-show, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $10 per person.

Reservations for Oga’s Cantina can be made up to 14 days in advance. Additional same-day reservations will be made available each day at 7:00 AM Pacific Time for visits that day, subject to availability.

Reservations for Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers can be made up to 14 days in advance. Additional same-day reservations will be made available each day at 7:00 AM Pacific Time for visits that day, subject to availability.

Cancellations
A valid, accepted credit card number is required at the time of booking. You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per builder cancellation fee. If you fail to timely cancel and are a no-show, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $199.99 per builder.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
That's odd... when we went just before SDCC they only took Oga's reservations on the same day, starting at 7 am. You may want to try logging in at 7 am on the day you want to visit and looking for a reservation.

Yeah they changed the policy when crowds weren't as crazy as they originally anticipated.  Now that process is similar to their regular reservation process.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845

That's a great idea!  Cancellations have to be made a day in advance so maybe we can snag a later entry.  If not we'll go with it and enjoy our bloody marys  :D

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
anyone know how they are doing with product in the shops. Like I heard they are running low on stuff, especially extra kyber crystals also is it true they discontinued the black crystals from the red tubes?

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
There I fixed it for you...

The lightsaber experience has availability before 9:15am.  But I must have the $200 lightsaber, lol.

I mean the lightsaber is like top reason for me to be going

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
I went this year the Sunday & Monday before Comic-Con with a bunch of people in my line-up group.  We had a blast!  My family was in tow, so I didn't hang out with them 24/7 (they all got a BnB house I think) but it was a great time to hang out before SDCCI.  A few folks bought lightsabers, and they all went to the Cantina one evening.
I highly recommend it; we all had a blast (though I don't know how comfortable the rental SUV was from Anaheim-SD with all those folks crammed in) :P

I can concur we had a blast!!!!  Just added to the whole SDCC experience meeting up with friends from all over the world to do Disneyland for a couple of days prior.  Believe after us talking it up at the con our numbers will double for next year, especially with Rise of the Resistance and (hopefully) the new Marvel land open.  Think after SDCC would be just as good as well, all depends on timing.