Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Buying Groups / Questions on how buying groups work  (Read 7919 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: SDCC 2020 Buying Groups / Questions on how buying groups work
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2019, 06:59:12 AM »
Brody, please do not post the same thing in multiple threads. FoCC is not able to open buying groups to new members this year.

Offline AbsolutKaz

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2019, 11:52:23 AM »
Since the FoCC are not opening up badge buying for new members for 2020 (I am planning to go with my wife for our first time) - could anyone recommend another reliable source for buying groups?

Feel free to PM if external sites are not allowed in the thread.  Thanks - and if anything does change on this end for new members being added - let me know - I have several computers and 4 able bodies at my house - we usually have great success with concert tickets on big sell out events, so we'd be happy to help get badges for anyone as well.

Thanks again!

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2019, 12:40:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Since the FoCC are not opening up badge buying for new members for 2020 (I am planning to go with my wife for our first time) - could anyone recommend another reliable source for buying groups?

Feel free to PM if external sites are not allowed in the thread.  Thanks - and if anything does change on this end for new members being added - let me know - I have several computers and 4 able bodies at my house - we usually have great success with concert tickets on big sell out events, so we'd be happy to help get badges for anyone as well.

Thanks again!

I've never seen other buying groups online. You might be able to find people via the CCI FB page or groups but I wouldn't trust a random person on the internet with my credit card info.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2019, 02:52:42 PM »

Thanks again!

I believe the r/comiccon community on Reddit has buying groups. At least, you may want to check out their Discord channel.

NOTE: I have no experience with the Reddit community in terms of groups (buying/line/swag). I only post to the subreddit occasionally. I do know they're quite active though.

Offline SyndE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2019, 12:57:15 PM »
Hi. I'm a returning member to the forums. I haven't attended SDCC since 2015, but after a long break, I really want to go back for 2020. (You may remember my BFF, birmabang aka Diego, as well, but he isn't interested in going again.)

I've been... out of the loop for a while. (Life has a funny way of doing that....) I see that no new members can join buying groups for 2020, but what about "lapsed" members? Before my life got complicated, I was an active member here, and one year even did the exclusives list for the forums.

Could use some advice here. I really don't want to try unknowns on Reddit, as was recommended.

Thanks!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2019, 04:00:50 PM »
[member=1400]SyndE[/member]   Contact your previous BG leader and ask if you can return to the group.

Offline SyndE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2019, 06:12:47 PM »
[member=1400]SyndE[/member]   Contact your previous BG leader and ask if you can return to the group.

Thanks so much... Diego was coordinating that for both of us, so I'll check with him.  ^-^

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2019, 12:28:07 PM »

Thanks again!

I've seen people joining up together on the San Diego Comic-Con (sdcc) attendees Facebook group to create buying groups.

Offline teppope

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2019, 07:20:10 AM »
I've never been in a buying group before here. Is it too late to join?

Offline teppope

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2019, 07:23:06 AM »
or does anyone want to partner up...maybe two people?

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2019, 07:32:57 AM »
TJ, Birmabang and SyndE were in your group. I remember quite well because Birmabang bought my badges my first year in the group.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2019, 07:46:55 AM »
or does anyone want to partner up...maybe two people?

It's been stated a few times in this post that new buying groups aren't happening this time around.

Offline teppope

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2019, 08:33:33 AM »
i haven't had a chance to read all the pages because I'm at work. Thank you for the info