Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Pro Registration  (Read 37713 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
SDCC 2020 Pro Registration
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:50:44 AM »
From within updated member ID notices:

Comic-Con 2020 Professional Registration

The Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2020 professional application period is now open! Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and download the "Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2020 Information and Application for Professionals" PDF.

All applications and verification materials are due by August 16, 2019. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks after the application period has closed to process each application. Application review will not begin until after Comic-Con 2019. For additional information regarding the professional application process, please read our FAQ at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:25:41 PM by Angology »

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
Re: SDCC 2020 Pro Registration
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 12:19:41 PM »
Pro app and verification materials for 2020 submitted (I prepped ahead of time, since I had a feeling it would once again open up before this year’s SDCC). Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:31:57 AM »

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 12:26:14 PM »
Calendar link added for the deadline. Good luck everyone!
Ang

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 11:50:31 AM »
And done.  One less thing to worry about for now.  It's after the con I'll start worrying about approval.

Anyway, I don't have an adobe account that allows me to edit their pdf file, and really didn't want to open one for the one time every three years I need it.  So I printed the application, filled it out and then reimaged it back into a word file where I included all the other verification materials.  In the past I would have just mailed it, but decided email was the better route.  I do like the fact that you get a confirmation return email after you submit it.

Comic-Con Application Received Re: Comic-Con 2020 Professional Application
Pro Applications <[email protected]>
Sat 7/13/2019 1:43 PM

Dear Professional Applicant,

The Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2020 Professional Application Period is now open! We will begin reviewing applications after the conclusion of Comic-Con 2019. Please allow 6-8 weeks after Comic-Con 2019 or your submission (whichever is later) to be processed.  If you have questions about a submitted application, please email [email protected]

For general information on professional registration, please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank you,
Comic-Con Professional Registration

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
I still have another year, thank goodness

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Micarba

• Sails Pavilion
    • สโบ
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 09:59:03 PM »
I think it is super exciting.

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 41
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 05:55:50 PM »
Sent mine in on Saturday. I wanted to get it in earlier but we didn’t have much down time while in San Diego. I didn’t prep any materials before hand either so I had to search around for everything I needed. I’ve been going as a pro for 9 years but I’m afraid I’m not gonna get it again as I do stuff with toy design and collectibles and not comics or animation.
It’s not even about the cost either. I have no problem paying for my ticket. It’s just one less thing to have to stress about knowing I don’t have to face the general sale. It scares me. It’s also nice to be able to help out friends when I can.

Offline jeffa

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 02:15:27 AM »
I’ve been going as a pro for 9 years but I’m afraid I’m not gonna get it again as I do stuff with toy design and collectibles and not comics or animation.
It’s not even about the cost either. I have no problem paying for my ticket. It’s just one less thing to have to stress about knowing I don’t have to face the general sale. It scares me. It’s also nice to be able to help out friends when I can.
I don't think you ought to have a "genre" problem for either Creative or Trade Pro. Your specialties are the lifeblood of the Exhibit Hall, which pays a large portion of the rent for the whole Con.

I say right in my Trade application that it's not the cost, it's the access. I still check in foir General Reg in hopes of grabbing the Senior Discount, and maybe I can't make it for 5 days.  :-\  But the stress is much less!

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 06:38:56 AM »
So, I pull up my email account and see an email titled "Comic-Con Professional Verification".  Could it be?  Have they reviewed my application?  Approved?  Denied?  Something was wrong with it?  No, it's just a reminder.  Honestly, I wish they would put "Reminder" in the heading of the email and avoid all this temporary anxiety.

Dear Professional,

This is a reminder that your professional VERIFICATION is DUE for Comic-Con 2020. Your application and verification materials must be postmarked or emailed by August 16, 2019. Applications sent after this date will not be considered for Comic-Con 2020.

All professionals must submit an application and qualifying verification materials to Comic-Con International every three years as proof of your continuing work in the industry. Please visit our website  to download the “Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2020 Information and Application for Professionals” PDF. This document contains instructions on how to complete and submit your professional application.

This email is only a reminder. If you have already submitted your application, please do not send it again. We will notify you when your application has been processed.

This email is NOT a confirmation of badge registration. Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for more information. If you have questions, please email [email protected]

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 09:49:30 AM »
Sent mine in on Saturday. I wanted to get it in earlier but we didn’t have much down time while in San Diego. I didn’t prep any materials before hand either so I had to search around for everything I needed. I’ve been going as a pro for 9 years but I’m afraid I’m not gonna get it again as I do stuff with toy design and collectibles and not comics or animation.

keep up the faith. i work in tv/film and i was approved again for another 3 years last year. I mean I did have to pay for my badge for the first time in 8 years, but I'm not sure if that was an accident on cci's part or not since they did away with the pro categories.

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 41
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 10:49:59 AM »
keep up the faith. i work in tv/film and i was approved again for another 3 years last year. I mean I did have to pay for my badge for the first time in 8 years, but I'm not sure if that was an accident on cci's part or not since they did away with the pro categories.

Yeah, I noticed that it seemed like more pros had to pay for their ticket last year. That’s fine with me if I get it though. Free is nice but like I said, I don’t mind paying for it. I’m just s scared of the general sale.

Online perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2019, 09:13:26 AM »
I applied for the first time as an Educator: I've been to 20 Comic-Cons and never thought to apply as an Arts Educator before! 
Will they send a rejection notice if I'm no accepted?

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 12:41:06 PM »
I applied for the first time as an Educator: I've been to 20 Comic-Cons and never thought to apply as an Arts Educator before! 
Will they send a rejection notice if I'm no accepted?
Yes

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline spoox

• Exhibit Hall
  • Alaska, The Real Hoth!
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 12:31:24 PM »
Has anyone heard back yet?

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 12:49:53 PM »
Heard nothing here yet.  I submitted my application back on July 13, so it is going on 8 weeks.  Although, I don't expect they even started looking at apps until after everything for this year's con wrapped up and they had time to recover.