Author Topic: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread  (Read 50373 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2016, 05:17:06 PM »
Don't get me started on the contradictions!  Ha ha, the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing at CCI... Or, on a more positive note, the e-mail was sent to me today, so that could be their new, updated policy on shipping badges.

I'll have to ask that question again... Give them a week or so to see if they have come to a definite answer, and then I'll e-mail them.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2016, 05:22:54 PM »
but i thought they combined badges....what abt PV nite folks, like

someone bought me a 4 day in pre-reg and someone else bought me a pv nite in gen reg
how are they gonna ship to the buyer?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #212 on: Today at 12:00:04 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

someone bought me a 4 day in pre-reg and someone else bought me a pv nite in gen reg

According to their reply to my e-mail, it's supposed to go to the buyer from open registration.  The combined 4-day with Preview Night would be sent to the buyer that made the most recent purchase.

However, the information is still conflicting with the FAQs, so I would personally take it with a grain of salt until a few months from now.  Hopefully, everything with badges will be settled by then and they figured all of it out in-house.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:44:56 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline karl clement

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 136
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2016, 05:39:38 PM »

that is very confusing, I hope CCI has a work around for that, if not we could see some really confusing events, I don't wish that on anyone
SDCC 2013,2014,2015,2016
FanExpo  2011,2012, 2015
Montreal CC  2011, 2013
Ottawa CC 2013
Cornwall CAPE 2015, 2016

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2016, 06:04:34 PM »
I honestly think they are making this mailing badges harder on their end then they need to be.  With the required member ID they could charge a small fee and mail all badges to the Member ID address.  It would be a lot less hassle than all this.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2016, 06:53:23 PM »
Another thing that could be done is have the buyer provide a tracking # once they send it to whomever they purchased it for. I know that that costs a bit more then putting it in the regular mail, but I would imagine most people would pay that for the peace of mind that it would give them.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline VictoriaWHOA

• Freebie Table
  • 24. *Rick's voice* "Stuff and thangs."
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »
Another thing that could be done is have the buyer provide a tracking # once they send it to whomever they purchased it for. I know that that costs a bit more then putting it in the regular mail, but I would imagine most people would pay that for the peace of mind that it would give them.

Absolutely! I was just thinking this.  It just takes a ton of stress off of the buyer AND the person receiving the badge.  There's nothing like anxiously waiting for something or waiting for someone to receive something you've sent.
"Esterfall" -- TV series is coming soon.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2016, 07:23:43 PM »
I honestly think they are making this mailing badges harder on their end then they need to be.  With the required member ID they could charge a small fee and mail all badges to the Member ID address.  It would be a lot less hassle than all this.

Truthfully, I couldn't agree more.  I wonder if EPIC Registration is doing the shipping and if that's part of the issue on why they can't get the badges to individuals properly.  It makes no sense to ship it to the buyer, since CCI can easily access everyone's proper mailing address.  (Even EPIC has access to the mailing address on the Member ID account--it's reflected on the badge bar code confirmation e-mail.  It has your mailing address right there!)

@__@;  It's a little absurd, if you think about it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:08:35 PM by Zero »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2016, 07:36:26 PM »
@__@;  It's a little absurd, if you think about it.

agreed!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2016, 07:41:25 PM »
I like that I got to enter a ship to address for the badges though. I have my home address  on my member id and I can't have anything shipped to the house. Things get stolen off porches all the time but are marked as delivered. Everything larger than a letter goes to work. (It's a good neighborhood...but there's major package thefting.)

What would be nice for next year is an option to put a different ship to address on your member id.
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2016, 07:50:19 PM »
Worse case scenario,  someone doesn't ship your badges. Wouldn't the person still need the bar code email or your ID to verify the badge to activate it?  (Making it un-usablefor that person.)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2016, 07:59:07 PM »
Worse case scenario,  someone doesn't ship your badges. Wouldn't the person still need the bar code email or your ID to verify the badge to activate it?  (Making it un-usablefor that person.)

That depends on how CCI plans to activate the badges this year.  They could just walk by and tap it on a kiosk (like the bus or subway public transportation cards), or they could have Registration staff members scanning the RFID badges and checking ID.  Perhaps they might do something else entirely.

Offline TheToucanHasLanded

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2016, 08:05:01 PM »

You can't mail a product to someone who didn't buy it.  It makes legal sense for SDCC to mail all badges to the buyer only.

Example: in preregistration person B buys their own Thu/Sun badge. In the second sale, person A buys person B a Saturday badge. Person B does not pay person A. Comic-Con then "consolidates" person B's order and sends it to them directly. Now person B has their badges even though they didn't pay A.

Who do you think A is going to contact to resolve? They'll call ComicCon to cancel the badge.

ComicCon doesn't want to get involved in that mess. They're going to send the badges to the person who paid for them. Like every other online business on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:07:02 PM by TheToucanHasLanded »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2016, 08:09:32 PM »
but person A would request a refund if they didn't get paid
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2016, 08:14:29 PM »

You can't mail a product to someone who didn't buy it.  It makes legal sense for SDCC to mail all badges to the buyer only.

Example: in preregistration person B buys their own Thu/Sun badge. In the second sale, person A buys person B a Saturday badge. Person B does not pay person A. Comic-Con then "consolidates" person B's order and sends it to them directly. Now person B has their badges even though they didn't pay A.

Who do you think A is going to contact to resolve? They'll call ComicCon to cancel the badge.

ComicCon doesn't want to get involved in that mess. They're going to send the badges to the person who paid for them. Like every other online business on earth.

A very good point.  However, payment information for the badges during the registration session may not necessarily match the information on the buyer's Member ID account, so technically, the buyer may not even have paid for the transaction.  (There are cases where people used someone else's credit card for the purchase.  Of course, with online purchases, the payment information isn't that important as long as it's being paid for and it's being shipped somewhere...)

but person A would request a refund if they didn't get paid

Very true!  The buyer is the only person that can request a refund.