Author Topic: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread  (Read 50368 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2016, 08:45:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been reading so much info on Registration that my brain hurts.

So, I have already bought 4-Day badges for my bff and me without Preview Night. My questions are:

Am I allowed to participate in Open Registration to buy Preview Night?
Can I participate in Open Registration without buying any badges for myself, but buy for other eligible participants?

My friends are going to play this Saturday and I just want to up their chances if possible of scoring them badges.

Yes, you can participate in open registration to buy Preview Night.  (Go into your Member ID account.  If you have a green check mark next to "OK '16 Open Registration" (or something like that), then you can participate in the sale on Saturday morning.

Yes, you can participate in open registration without buying badges for yourself.  You just need to click the "Clear" button to remove your Member ID from the purchase page.  Then, you can enter into up to other three Member IDs so you can buy badges for eligible people.

Hope that helps!  Good luck.

Big question is, does the "buyer" have to pick up the badge if they don't make it?

I almost feel like their stupid adherence to only shipping to buyer is to discourage buying groups.

I understand they think they are saving money on shipping, but they are going to be shipping the same person's badges to potentially 2 addresses now and printing multiple single days instead of one 4day badge to one person. Unless the single 4-day is a thing of the past now.

This would be so much simpler if they'd just mail to address attached to member ID.....but no, fiasco to maybe save a stamp.

They've stated in multiple FAQs that they don't condone buying groups unless you know and trust each other, so I think it's definitely one of the reasons (in addition to the usual legal aspects of why they have to ship it to the "buyer," like other online transactions).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:48:28 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2016, 02:32:53 AM »
walk through vid

added screen shots from video in
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
for archive

(Go into your Member ID account.  If you have a green check mark next to "OK '16 Open Registration" (or something like that), then you can participate in the sale on Saturday morning.

Yes, you can participate in open registration without buying badges for yourself.  You just need to click the "Clear" button to remove your Member ID from the purchase page.  Then, you can enter into up to other three Member IDs so you can buy badges for eligible people.

Hope that helps!  Good luck.

Example Member ID with Green Eligible
Example of that Clear button process
Example of an open slot after Clear

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #257 on: Today at 09:54:41 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2016, 07:21:25 AM »
who's on Toucan watch today?

What's left to get?  a FAQ2?

we have codes, links & tech check plus a vid-

i keep thinking we'll get something abt shipping/rfid but then again i can see how they could wait.  unless there's a TOS adjustment, they technically don't have to spell it out until they're ready.

i will say, the numbers speculation will be interesting if cci moves to only single day badges. I also wonder how it will change the game for the exclusive's folks.

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2016, 07:35:10 AM »
[member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member]: Thanks for the image support! ^__~  Awesome for visual aids, ha ha.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2016, 08:25:33 AM »
Does anyone find it amusing that Ser Barristan is having his badges shipped to Daenerys Targaryen at One Mereen Plaza (or something similar)?

But Meereen isn't in Westeros! Looks like Ser Barristan is going to have to pick up his badge onsite, with that international address and all  ;D
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline Karin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2016, 09:56:26 AM »
who's on Toucan watch today?

What's left to get?  a FAQ2?

we have codes, links & tech check plus a vid-

i keep thinking we'll get something abt shipping/rfid but then again i can see how they could wait.  unless there's a TOS adjustment, they technically don't have to spell it out until they're ready.

i will say, the numbers speculation will be interesting if cci moves to only single day badges. I also wonder how it will change the game for the exclusive's folks.

I kinda want to know how this will change volunteering. Will we get one badge and they'll add days as we schedule assignments? Will we get paper badges like always? So excited :D

Offline TheToucanHasLanded

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2016, 10:06:59 AM »
Big question is, does the "buyer" have to pick up the badge if they don't make it?

I almost feel like their stupid adherence to only shipping to buyer is to discourage buying groups.

I understand they think they are saving money on shipping, but they are going to be shipping the same person's badges to potentially 2 addresses now and printing multiple single days instead of one 4day badge to one person. Unless the single 4-day is a thing of the past now.

This would be so much simpler if they'd just mail to address attached to member ID.....but no, fiasco to maybe save a stamp.

Doesn't sound like shipping to two addresses is much of a wide spread issue as we thought. 1% of attendees are impacted. Probably not worth the cost of mailing to every single member just to help that 1%

David Glanzer, Director of Marketing and Public Relations for Comic-Con International, said, “Based on data provided to us from EPIC Registration, less than 1% of our total number of attendees fell under the ‘multiple buyer’ situation in 2015. This very small number of attendees will be sent single day badges. If they would like to consolidate their badges when they arrive onsite, they can visit the Attendee Badge Solutions Desk.”
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:10:18 AM by TheToucanHasLanded »

Offline trekster

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2016, 12:01:55 PM »
For anyone wanting to do a browser check before the badge sale tomorrow, simply click the link in your registration email message.

When you land on the Open Registration page, the next to last paragraph contains a link to check your browser settings.  Never hurts to make sure that Java is installed and functioning normally while you have time to fix it.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
Toucan reminder tweets ->

Open Registration for Comic-Con 2016 will take place tomorrow at 9 AM PST. You can authorize your registration code starting at 8 AM #SDCCOR

To participate in Open Registration you must have a valid & confirmed Comic-Con Member ID created before 9:30 AM PST on 2/11/16. #SDCCOR

Other burning questions about Open Registration are answered in Professor Toucan's FAQ. #SDCCOR #ToucanBlog You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:39:33 PM by AzT »

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »
I have more registration codes than devices.  I know that previously you could use one device and use two different browsers with 2 different registration codes.  Does anyone know if this is still the case?  I did watch the instructional video but it stated your registration code is good for only one device and one browser. It did not address if you had more than one code with only one device.  Any advice will be helpful  :)

Offline trekster

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2016, 01:52:51 PM »
I have more registration codes than devices.  I know that previously you could use one device and use two different browsers with 2 different registration codes.  Does anyone know if this is still the case?  I did watch the instructional video but it stated your registration code is good for only one device and one browser. It did not address if you had more than one code with only one device.  Any advice will be helpful  :)
This is still true.  As long as you use separate browser windows (NOT tabs), you should be fine.

Offline codeviolet

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »
Does anyone know if chrome vs chrome incognito mode counts as two separate browsers?

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2016, 01:59:49 PM »
Does anyone know if chrome vs chrome incognito mode counts as two separate browsers?

I wouldn't risk it...

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »
This is still true.  As long as you use separate browser windows (NOT tabs), you should be fine.
Awesome!   Thank you for the info

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline karl clement

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 136
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2016, 03:12:59 PM »
wishing everyone the best of luck on Saturday..... may the comic con gods be with you
SDCC 2013,2014,2015,2016
FanExpo  2011,2012, 2015
Montreal CC  2011, 2013
Ottawa CC 2013
Cornwall CAPE 2015, 2016