Author Topic: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread  (Read 50376 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2016, 01:41:22 PM »
Just from looking at online chatter/comments, it seems like there were a lot more people trying in open reg this year, and that the entire process moved more quickly.

Those of you who got Sunday badges and are still planning to attend, good on you! There is so much to do, and you can spend 3 days doing offsites and sleeping in and then Sunday on the exhibit floor, plus be eligible for pre-reg next year. I look forward to meeting you at the con!

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2016, 02:18:06 PM »
Quick question, is this the right and still used email to email CCI: [email protected]? I have some photos of an error Safari kept on getting during the sale this morning after 9am that I would like them to take a look at, after getting some advice on what to do. Even after re-entering the code, knowing that my spot in line is saved, still got the error multiple times--a grey page that says it can't open up the page. I did test this browser yesterday and it came back good. The address bar also had account login in it, which has me thinking. Don't recall seeing that when putting in the code, unless I totally missed it? If they say they can't help me, at least I know, rather than, what if.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #332 on: Today at 02:35:55 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2016, 02:27:18 PM »
it might be best to submit them via your member id 'contact us' link
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2016, 02:27:52 PM »
I had 5 codes and 4 devices.   Not one got in.  I'm lucky because everyone in my family had 4-day or 4-day+  I was trying for the last 2 preview nights and for helping out others in our buying group. Oh well, there's always next year :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2016, 03:12:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
it might be best to submit them via your member id 'contact us' link
I just did that. :) You can't attach photos doing it that way, I didn't see any options for that, but I did say that I do have photos while explaining the problem in the word box. Doesn't hurt to try.

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2016, 03:31:45 PM »
Our group did really well, I think everyone left happy even know not everyone got what they wanted.

As for me, I had 5 codes running from our group members, and only two made it in. Neither of those were my own code, which raises my total to two times that my own member ID has made it in to 3 times where I have been locked out since randomization was put in (thank goodness for others helping out!)

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2016, 03:36:04 PM »
So truely mixed reactions this year. Based on our group i thought we did extremely well. My small group had 6 people and 1 of us got in with 4 days remaining. For the big group 30 people estimated, it appears most people got at least 2 days. This was way bettter then last year during general reg. I remeber only about half of us getting badges of some kind. But then i read the stories of the many who missed.. so maybe our big group was just really lucky this year. Either way, fantastic job from my group this year.

Next... hotels

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2016, 04:46:55 PM »
Front page news ->

Another speedy sellout for Comic-Con badges

Comic-Con's annual online ticket sale Saturday morning brought cheers and groans from its biggest fans as badges for the four-day event sold out in record time, just under an hour.

"Comic-Con 2016 badges have sold out! We thank all of your for your patronage and support!" was the message hopeful purchasers saw online as they awaited news of whether they had been selected to buy a badge.

Badges for each of the four days, plus a preview night, are doled out randomly via an online waiting room, but every year demand far exceeds the number of tickets available for purchase, which leads to much dismay and sometimes anger for those who found themselves shut out. It is unlikely there will be another opportunity to purchase tickets.

The most popular days -- preview night and Friday and Saturday -- were gone within 40 minutes.

While the annual pop culture extravaganza long ago outgrew the San Diego Convention Center, organizers have made do by using meeting space in large convention hotels and spreading out onto downtown parking lots and on occasion Petco Park for special events. Each year, Comic-Con draws more than 130,000 attendees, as well as top Hollywood celebrities, movie and television directors, and authors.

Daily tickets for Thursday, Friday and Saturday sold for $55, and Sunday badges were priced at $40. Last year badges sold out in an hour.

Comic-Con this year will be held July 21-24, with preview night on July 20. Organizers of the convention have committed to staying in San Diego through 2018.

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2016, 05:01:27 PM »
Well I had the exact same outcome for Gen Reg as Pre Reg.  Three log ins and none even got in.
So no San Diego for us this year.  :'(
Congrats to everyone who was able to buy a badge....Have a great time!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2016, 05:59:06 PM »
One log-in code, got in for Sunday

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2016, 06:01:51 PM »
Front page news ->

Another speedy sellout for Comic-Con badges

Comic-Con's annual online ticket sale Saturday morning brought cheers and groans from its biggest fans as badges for the four-day event sold out in record time, just under an hour.

"Comic-Con 2016 badges have sold out! We thank all of your for your patronage and support!" was the message hopeful purchasers saw online as they awaited news of whether they had been selected to buy a badge.

Badges for each of the four days, plus a preview night, are doled out randomly via an online waiting room, but every year demand far exceeds the number of tickets available for purchase, which leads to much dismay and sometimes anger for those who found themselves shut out. It is unlikely there will be another opportunity to purchase tickets.

The most popular days -- preview night and Friday and Saturday -- were gone within 40 minutes.

While the annual pop culture extravaganza long ago outgrew the San Diego Convention Center, organizers have made do by using meeting space in large convention hotels and spreading out onto downtown parking lots and on occasion Petco Park for special events. Each year, Comic-Con draws more than 130,000 attendees, as well as top Hollywood celebrities, movie and television directors, and authors.

Daily tickets for Thursday, Friday and Saturday sold for $55, and Sunday badges were priced at $40. Last year badges sold out in an hour.

Comic-Con this year will be held July 21-24, with preview night on July 20. Organizers of the convention have committed to staying in San Diego through 2018.
And really, from the time CCI/Epic first started letting people in (roughly 9:11) from the time everything was sold out was roughly 46 min. total!
I was surprised how quick Friday sold out after Saturday!  It seemed like there was a decent lag between PN & Saturday, then hardly any between Saturday & Friday

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »
Got the Comic-Con International 2016-Receipt email three hours ago saying the credit card had been processed for my friends badges.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #342 on: February 20, 2016, 07:29:56 PM »
I just did that. :) You can't attach photos doing it that way, I didn't see any options for that, but I did say that I do have photos while explaining the problem in the word box. Doesn't hurt to try.
Suggestion

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #343 on: February 20, 2016, 09:38:53 PM »
Really?! I will do that then! Thanks!

Offline Karin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2016, 10:55:56 PM »
9 people in my friends buying group, none of us got in. Luckily, all of us already had either what they wanted from pre reg and where trying to help the others out, or we where volunteers, so we will all be going regardless. Still, first time in 4 years none of us got in on gen reg.