Author Topic: Child Badge Questions  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Scubajim311

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Child Badge Questions
« on: May 02, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »
I will be attending sdcc with my 5 year old this year and so i know to get him a badge i go to the attendee bage pickup desk, my question is can i do this on wednesday preview night, even though i dont have a ticket for preview night? I have tickets for thurs-sun, but being able to pick it up weds would leave me one less thing to have to do on thursday and i would imagine free up my day a littler more. Thanks, james

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
Re: Child Badge Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:41:16 PM »
Yes, you will be able to pick up a badge yours and your 5 year old's badge on PN.  :)
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:14:57 AM »

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 09:18:45 AM »
Hi all,
Sorry to jump in on this thread with a different question, but I thought keeping Child questions combined in a single thread would be better.

So I have 3 kids with me - One who is now an adult badge (17), one Junior (14), and one child (12). We only have Sunday tickets.

Here's my question - does the Child ticket have to be linked to a parent? Could I have a family friend who has a 4-day plus Preview Night ticket register my daughter with them so that she also gets a 4-day plus Preview Night child ticket? I will have the birth certificate, etc to show her age but the possible person registering her would not be the mother or father on the birth certificate. This would be basically like an aunt bringing her niece along to SDCC.

Is that allowed? Would a parent need to be present during the badge registration?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 10:06:57 AM »
Yes, your friend can register the child. But the adult must bring her to be registered. The child will receive the same badge as the adult.

Also, if the eldest child is 17, they should still be a junior. The badge type for juniors and seniors is determined by the age at the time the badge is purchased.

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 05:13:54 PM »
if somebody has a badge for Thur/Fri/Sun, can they pick up a child badge on Wed/PN?
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 07:06:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
if somebody has a badge for Thur/Fri/Sun, can they pick up a child badge on Wed/PN?

I would presume so, but this year a lot of changing (with mailing badges and no T&C pickup). You may wish to confirm with CCI.

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »
I would presume so, but this year a lot of changing (with mailing badges and no T&C pickup). You may wish to confirm with CCI.
ok thanks
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 09:50:08 PM »
Yes, your friend can register the child. But the adult must bring her to be registered. The child will receive the same badge as the adult.

Also, if the eldest child is 17, they should still be a junior. The badge type for juniors and seniors is determined by the age at the time the badge is purchased.

Awesome, thanks for the info. That helps my youngest spend some more time in the convention.
And yeah, I might have the 17 year old in the wrong category, but he has the same tickets as me.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 07:04:02 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the info. That helps my youngest spend some more time in the convention.
And yeah, I might have the 17 year old in the wrong category, but he has the same tickets as me.

But you are missing out on one more year of a half-price ticket.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 08:50:08 AM »
Hi all,
Sorry to jump in on this thread with a different question, but I thought keeping Child questions combined in a single thread would be better.

So I have 3 kids with me - One who is now an adult badge (17), one Junior (14), and one child (12). We only have Sunday tickets.

Here's my question - does the Child ticket have to be linked to a parent? Could I have a family friend who has a 4-day plus Preview Night ticket register my daughter with them so that she also gets a 4-day plus Preview Night child ticket? I will have the birth certificate, etc to show her age but the possible person registering her would not be the mother or father on the birth certificate. This would be basically like an aunt bringing her niece along to SDCC.

Is that allowed? Would a parent need to be present during the badge registration?
No, it does not have to be a parent.  In all the years I've gone with my son and son's friend(s when they were free), I was NEVER asked if the kids were mine, even when the kids were different races and clearly looked absolutely nothing a like.  All they'll do is attach your friend's badge & contact info w/the kid's badge (so if the kid gets separated it is simple for staff to get contact info for guardian and notify them ASAP).

Have fun!!

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 08:28:23 PM »
No, it does not have to be a parent.  In all the years I've gone with my son and son's friend(s when they were free), I was NEVER asked if the kids were mine, even when the kids were different races and clearly looked absolutely nothing a like.  All they'll do is attach your friend's badge & contact info w/the kid's badge (so if the kid gets separated it is simple for staff to get contact info for guardian and notify them ASAP).

Have fun!!
Thanks for all of the info. Here's (hopefully) my last question. My friend that has a 4-day+PN actually has a guest badge from a professional attendee. Is that badge type going to be allowed to bring a child with them for the free companion ticket, or must it be a regular attendee badge?

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 08:29:40 PM »
But you are missing out on one more year of a half-price ticket.
Yeah, sorry, bad communication on my part.
He is registered as a Junior. He has the same 'days' of badges as I do which is to say Sunday only.
I did get the Junior pricing for my older two and then the youngest is still a free Child companion badge.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 08:59:15 PM »
Thanks for all of the info. Here's (hopefully) my last question. My friend that has a 4-day+PN actually has a guest badge from a professional attendee. Is that badge type going to be allowed to bring a child with them for the free companion ticket, or must it be a regular attendee badge?

It's a paid Adult badge, so Yes!

Children age 12 and under are free with a paying adult! You may register a child (12 and under) onsite for free at the Attendee Badge Pick-Up Desk if a paying adult accompanies the child.

If it's under a Pro type badge, you may have to go to the Professional registration area.

Children age 12 and under are free with a professional badge and do not count toward your guest limit. Child badges must be registered onsite at Industry Registration in Lobby D

I'd ask in the pro thread which line is quicker, though!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 09:31:32 PM »
Sam is right, you may have to go to a different line, but your friend should still be able to take a child.

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »
Awesome!. Thank you very much