Author Topic: Wondercon 2022: April 1-3, Anaheim  (Read 30799 times)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Wondercon 2022: April 1-3, Anaheim
« on: December 08, 2021, 12:13:51 AM »
From the CCI front page scrolling announcement bar. Wondercon 2022 is scheduled for April 1-3, Anaheim

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 04:31:39 PM by marcia29 »
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Re: Wondercon 2022: April 1-3, Anaheim
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 12:48:03 PM »
A friend pointed out that it begins on April 1....so...what could possibly go wrong?  ::)  ;D

I was just so happy to see the announcement, that date passed right by me.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:45:28 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 05:49:42 PM »
A friend pointed out that it begins on April 1....so...what could possibly go wrong?  ::)  ;D

I was just so happy to see the announcement, that date passed right by me.

oh my, it passed right be me also LOL

soooo, refresh me, how do we do hotels again? LOL
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:15:46 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Online SDcomics

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 214
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 02:44:16 PM »
You know, ever since this pandemic thingy started, we've all had to live with a lot of uncertainty.  Even scientists who've studied infectious diseases their entire lives and are experts on the subject have been unsure at times.  Will we ever have life back to the way it was in 2019?  No one knows.  Will the coronavirus ever go away completely?  No one knows.  Will we ever reach herd immunity?  No one knows. 

The one thing I absolutely, positively refuse to give up on ... is hope.  Sometimes hope is all we have.  I hope we're all able to got WonderCon next year.  I hope we're all able to get together.  I hope we all have fun.  And I hope in person Comic Con happens.

"Hope is being able to see there is light despite all the darkness."  Desmond Tutu

"Once you choose hope, anything is possible." Christopher Reeve

As a wise man once said ... "Excelsior!"

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 11:42:22 AM »
Will we ever have life back to the way it was in 2019?

Of course we will.  This isn't the first pandemic that's happened, it won't be the last.  Just look to the 1918 flu as a model.  There was hope that we had grown since them and things would be different this time.  We haven't.  We are still running the same playbook as 1918 including the masking controversy.  Headlines from then, could be headlines for today.

Just as it was then, it'll be now.  It's going to take time.  From the start, some have predicted that it won't be until 2024 that things get back to normal.  Not a semblance of normal, but normal normal.  It might take a while, but I have no doubt it will happen.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 12:41:12 PM »
Of course we will.  This isn't the first pandemic that's happened, it won't be the last.  Just look to the 1918 flu as a model.  There was hope that we had grown since them and things would be different this time.  We haven't.  We are still running the same playbook as 1918 including the masking controversy.  Headlines from then, could be headlines for today.

Just as it was then, it'll be now.  It's going to take time.  From the start, some have predicted that it won't be until 2024 that things get back to normal.  Not a semblance of normal, but normal normal.  It might take a while, but I have no doubt it will happen.
I agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 10:37:13 AM »
From the CCI front page scrolling announcement bar. Wondercon 2022 is scheduled for April 1-3, Anaheim

This is exciting, and after Turkey Con last month, I'm _REALLY_ excited for a bigger CCI Convention!  Of course, I'm kinda bummed that this weekend corresponds/conflicts with MLB Opening Weekend but I can't have it all, I guess  :P
After Turkey Con I feel more comfortable about CCI cons & navigating the crowds and whatnot: also getting back my con 'mojo' of getting in lines/panels the right time, positioning myself for good swag, getting lucky with exclusives, etc.  It was a nice trial-run: like a stint in the Minor Leagues & now I'm ready for the Majors  :P

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 03:17:47 PM »
This is exciting, and after Turkey Con last month, I'm _REALLY_ excited for a bigger CCI Convention!  Of course, I'm kinda bummed that this weekend corresponds/conflicts with MLB Opening Weekend but I can't have it all, I guess  :P
After Turkey Con I feel more comfortable about CCI cons & navigating the crowds and whatnot: also getting back my con 'mojo' of getting in lines/panels the right time, positioning myself for good swag, getting lucky with exclusives, etc.  It was a nice trial-run: like a stint in the Minor Leagues & now I'm ready for the Majors  :P

Thank you. I signed up to volunteer when it was cancelled for COVID. That would have been my first time volunteering. I can't wait to volunteer this time.

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 09:45:07 AM »
Any news on this? It's only 3 months away: :). I've got my room booked and a reservation at Disneyland for Thursday before the Con. I need to get the bitter taste of Comic Con Special Editon out of my mouth.

Online SDcomics

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 214
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 07:47:25 AM »
Any news on this? It's only 3 months away: :). I've got my room booked and a reservation at Disneyland for Thursday before the Con. I need to get the bitter taste of Comic Con Special Editon out of my mouth.

The official WonderCon site hasn't been updated since 3/26/21.  Their twitter account hasn't been used since 5/18/21.

I dunno.  I know I'm kind of a worry wart, but I'm starting to get a little concerned.  Less than three months to go and it's radio silence.

I really, really hope this show doesn't get cancelled again.  I mean, I can understand if they do with Omicron spreading the way it is.  I wouldn't blame them.  But still, I hope it happens.  I miss WonderCon.

If the movie studios and the comic book publisher's don't want to go, maybe a smaller more scaled down event like Special Edition?  That would not be ideal but it would be better than nothing.

Pins and needles time.   Again.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 09:28:04 AM »
The official WonderCon site hasn't been updated since 3/26/21.  Their twitter account hasn't been used since 5/18/21.

I dunno.  I know I'm kind of a worry wart, but I'm starting to get a little concerned.  Less than three months to go and it's radio silence.

I really, really hope this show doesn't get cancelled again.  I mean, I can understand if they do with Omicron spreading the way it is.  I wouldn't blame them.  But still, I hope it happens.  I miss WonderCon.

If the movie studios and the comic book publisher's don't want to go, maybe a smaller more scaled down event like Special Edition?  That would not be ideal but it would be better than nothing.

Pins and needles time.   Again.
Late January or sometime in February I would expect things to get going. So far, I see nothing bad to say it will be canceled.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 01:35:50 PM »
I don't think they will cancel Wondercon because of covid.  For better or worse, we as a society are beyond doing things like that no matter how bad it gets.  Whether studios will show up is another matter.  Look at CES this week as an example.  They didn't cancel it but many of the major participants decided to go virtual instead of showing up in person. For many of them, CES is the show of the year to attend.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 04:28:08 PM »
Well FanExpo Portland in 2 weeks was just canceled due to Covid, so we’re not yet past that stage of cancellation being a concern.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 09:24:11 AM »
The Grammys have been postponed and the Golden Globes have been scaled back due to omicron.  On the other side of the coin, LA County Health has said that they expect the Superbowl to go on as scheduled.

I saw a news story about CES this week.  The attendance looked light.  They interviewed a smaller exhibitor who said he wanted to pull out but he already paid 50K to exhibit at the show and there was no mention of a refund.  He also said that a booth next to him was there one day and then gone the next.

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 09:57:09 AM »
Still crickets. I've got a bad feeling about this. >:(