Author Topic: mr robot off-site spotted  (Read 3009 times)

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
Re: mr robot off-site spotted
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 01:54:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do we need a badge for the J St offsite?

No. You still have time. GO GO GO!!!!!

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 02:00:31 PM »
Yeah I did the uber option to get the shirt. Much better than waiting two hours under the sun for it (unless you really wanted to see the recreated sets). From request to pickup to VR to exiting the (AIR CONDITIONED) van behind the interactive zone was probably 30 minutes tops.

At least a couple of couples in line called for the uber option. They were happy, I was happy. Made the line 4 people shorter.

I really only wanted to see the recreated sets. The VR I can do at home. I even have the Samsung VR googles. The tshirt was gravy. Don't forget the big plus of standing in the 2 hour line, you get plenty of Mr. Robot branded water. I got 4 bottles of them since they came by every 20-30 minutes or so.

The line did seem to move faster yesterday than on Friday. By reports, they were only supposed to have 4 people at a time in Elliots apt but yesterday it was a house party. It was packed in there. So I assume they started putting more people in at a time to speed up the line. Did anyone go on Thursday? How many people were in the apt at a time.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:12:39 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 02:20:39 PM »
there was a bunch of hoodie & masked mr robot folks hanging out in front of the hilton gas lamp

i was able to get the shirt!  another item off the list!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline escape

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »
there was a bunch of hoodie & masked mr robot folks hanging out in front of the hilton gas lamp

That's how I got mine this morning.

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 02:26:53 PM »

Aw... man..... If I knew they were going to do that, I would have gone back down again damn the other responsibilities of life!

Did you also ask for a mask? They ended up giving 4 of those to me over the course of the last 3 days. Don't worry, I only kept one and handed out the other 3 to random people who asked me where I got the mask.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
i had gotten a mask earlier so no didn't ask- nor did they seem to be giveing them away
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »
Maybe they ran out of masks and that's why they were giving away tshirts. As of last night at about 6:30-7 when I left the offsite, they had A LOT of tshirts left. You could see them stacked there.

Offline thecherbear

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »
At least a couple of couples in line called for the uber option. They were happy, I was happy. Made the line 4 people shorter.

I really only wanted to see the recreated sets. The VR I can do at home. I even have the Samsung VR googles. The tshirt was gravy. Don't forget the big plus of standing in the 2 hour line, you get plenty of Mr. Robot branded water. I got 4 bottles of them since they came by every 20-30 minutes or so.

The line did seem to move faster yesterday than on Friday. By reports, they were only supposed to have 4 people at a time in Elliots apt but yesterday it was a house party. It was packed in there. So I assume they started putting more people in at a time to speed up the line. Did anyone go on Thursday? How many people were in the apt at a time.
We went on Thursday first thing, we just stumbled on it and joined the line before it opened.  They were letting 5-6 people at a time into the office, and the apartment was packed.  Looking at my pictures,  there were about 12 people using the VR and 3 or 4 more wandering around taking pictures. They were definitely not rushing people. I think this was my favorite activation, tied with the Abigail. And whoever mentioned that the people working were happy, absolutely! They were all great,  smiling,  happy to explain anything and excited and proud about the activation and what it looked like. :)

Maybe they ran out of masks and that's why they were giving away tshirts. As of last night at about 6:30-7 when I left the offsite, they had A LOT of tshirts left. You could see them stacked there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk