Author Topic: mr robot off-site spotted  (Read 3009 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
mr robot off-site spotted
« on: July 18, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »
There's a Instagram pic of the mr robot off site equipment spotted in Sdcc.....

Will post the pic in a few mins
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline tt7777

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 20
Re: mr robot off-site spotted
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 03:19:06 PM »
You're there already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:05:24 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 03:24:26 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I land in 30 mins
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1844
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 03:28:25 PM »
EEEEEKKK!!  Super excited!

Offline maya28

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 03:38:25 PM »

I land in 30 mins
Is that the infamous ferris wheel that they keep talkin about?? :)

Offline thelisalower

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 03:43:44 PM »
Love it!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 08:23:13 PM »
Sweet! Like at SXSW!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ang

Offline lilredrubi74

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 141
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 05:00:22 AM »
We had that here for SXSW! So cool to see it at SDCC

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 11:44:21 PM »
Did anyone go to the offsite at the stadium Thursday morning? I only read about it this morning. I talked to someone that went and it sounded really cool with plenty of swag. I'm sorry I missed it especially since I was right around the stadium at that time.

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 06:40:40 AM »
Did anyone go to the offsite at the stadium Thursday morning? I only read about it this morning. I talked to someone that went and it sounded really cool with plenty of swag. I'm sorry I missed it especially since I was right around the stadium at that time.

Offsite was cool. They gave us the cardboard viewer and some earbuds in a Mr. Robot labeled box. Threw some masks into the crowd; one bounced off my hand (I basically rejected myself, it would have landed on my lap). I think someone might have also gotten a black zipup hoodie with the show logo on the back. No shirts given out, though.

Got in around 10, finished just after 11, I believe. Cast members were on stage to participate. I assume it was the same VR experience at the offsite.

Only annoying thing was I had no idea we needed to download something beforehand... The app itself's size was fine but the VR file itself was 1.1GB! I missed the first couple minutes of the VR because it just wasn't downloading fast enough.

SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019

Offline thecherbear

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 09:19:15 AM »
Offsite was cool. They gave us the cardboard viewer and some earbuds in a Mr. Robot labeled box. Threw some masks into the crowd; one bounced off my hand (I basically rejected myself, it would have landed on my lap). I think someone might have also gotten a black zipup hoodie with the show logo on the back. No shirts given out, though.

Got in around 10, finished just after 11, I believe. Cast members were on stage to participate. I assume it was the same VR experience at the offsite.

Only annoying thing was I had no idea we needed to download something beforehand... The app itself's size was fine but the VR file itself was 1.1GB! I missed the first couple minutes of the VR because it just wasn't downloading fast enough.

I went to the offsite on j st i think? It was awesome,  they recreated the office and Elliots apartment, down to food and dishes in the cabinets.  You go in, sit down in his apartment (I sat on his bed!), watch a 12 minute VR experience on a gear VR and then get a shirt. It took a while to get in but it was so awesome! If you get the Mr. Robot uber, you get the same VR experience and a shirt as well. They can only take up to 4 people though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 12:47:09 AM »
I went to the offsite on j st i think? It was awesome,  they recreated the office and Elliots apartment, down to food and dishes in the cabinets.  You go in, sit down in his apartment (I sat on his bed!), watch a 12 minute VR experience on a gear VR and then get a shirt. It took a while to get in but it was so awesome! If you get the Mr. Robot uber, you get the same VR experience and a shirt as well. They can only take up to 4 people though.

I toughed out the line for this today. Took about 2 hours to get in. They cutoff the line again right around 5:20-5:30. It was awesome. I did the VR, but you'll be able to download that and watch it again at home next week. The big thing for me was the sets. Both the office and the bedroom. You have a ton of time in the office while waiting for the VR experience in the bedroom. In the bedroom, they suggest that you only stick around for a couple of minutes after the VR experience for pictures and stuff to make room for others. They didn't really enforce it though. I was opening cabinets and taking shots for about 5 minutes. As I was leaving one of them even said I could stay longer if I wanted.

They did a great job with everything. There were some historical inaccuracies in the computer shop set. But only old farts like me and one other guy noticed. If you didn't live tech in the 90's, you wouldn't have a clue. Otherwise is was very very well done. The experience overall was great. The staff was awesome. Very friendly and very helpful. Sometimes the people working these things don''t seem very happy to be there. All the people working the Mr. Robot offsite seemed happy to be there. They deserve a big round of applause.

You also get a tshirt on your way out. It's still open tomorrow so for people that haven't done it, I would strongly encourage you head over. It's definitely one of the better offsites.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 05:40:06 AM »
I did the Uber, it was fun! Obviously you don't get to see Elliot's apartment, but the Mr. Robot van came 2 minutes after we called it. The driver and the assistant were really nice. You get to do the VR experience (they pull into a parking lot so you don't get car sick doing the VR part). They gave us the T-shirt and a small disposable water bottle with the Mr. Robot logo on it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:57:27 AM by debster »

Offline Kmd2103

• Gaming Lounge
  • I don't like...I obsess
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 08:48:04 AM »
Do we need a badge for the J St offsite?
SDCC 2013-2018 #gameofthrones #netflixoriginals #sherlocked

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
mr robot off-site spotted
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 01:49:32 PM »
Yeah I did the uber option to get the shirt. Much better than waiting two hours under the sun for it (unless you really wanted to see the recreated sets). From request to pickup to VR to exiting the (AIR CONDITIONED) van behind the interactive zone was probably 30 minutes tops.

SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019