Author Topic: CCI 2012 Room Shares  (Read 39448 times)

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
Re: CCI 2012 Room Shares
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2012, 12:18:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
^ You know you just got every guy in here ready to be your roommate for next year right?

It certainly does take some blind trust to stay w/ random strangers. Just be smart about it and make sure you get real info and always let someone know where you'll be at all times...

Hahah, that is if they're looking to be blinded. :p

I agree that it does take a leap of faith, but I naturally place a lot of automatic trust in people and strangers and for some reason it has never backfired or betrayed me. To be honest, everyone I knew reacted really badly when I told them my best friend and I were sharing a room with two dudes but it never struck me that I'd be putting myself in actual danger.

To be honest when it comes to room shares I think cleanliness/manners would be a more realistic and pertinent issue. Some common gripes to be aware about:
-Hogging the bathroom and using all the towels/toiletries
-Shoes - on or off? Some people walk around sleeping areas with their dirty shoes on. I never bring any footwear indoors in a living area. Hotel slippers and mutual compromise does the trick though.
-At SDCC you have people who want to wake up and queue for panels at wee hours in the morning, so they should take care not to make too much of a din preparing to leave the room if the other roomies are still sleeping.
-Creating a mess in the room, leaving your stuff on someone else's bed, eating pungent-smelling food in the room.

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
CCI 2012 Room Shares
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2012, 03:48:20 AM »
Excellent pointers, dogberry, and pretty good advice, especially the one about being flexible around others who may be heading off for an early start and line queues - I'd also include, choosing somebody to be the 'alpha' room buddy, especially if there's only one or two keys for the room. This year, I felt especially guilty with our roommates as there was only one key and, if I were returning to the room late, I felt bad waking the holder up. But, if it's the only way in... Either way, I think buddying up with dogberry would be a blast for anyone participating in this thread, sounds like she's got it all covered!
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2012 Room Shares
« Reply #92 on: Today at 01:34:24 PM »