Author Topic: HE 2017 Questions about Room Transfering  (Read 1826 times)

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
HE 2017 Questions about Room Transfering
« on: May 01, 2017, 01:19:33 PM »
Sorry if this info can be found easily in different thread but I didn't see and this is actually the first year I got offered through hotel sale and didn't have to rely on room share.

I was offered my #6 choice Hotel Solamar with a King bed.  Not bad and we are SyFy fans and from what I read this is where they all stay and have parties so thats pretty cool.  There are 3 of using coming from Hawaii and the other 2 didn't receive emails today.  Few questions:
- When I go ahead and pay deposit to lock this one down can I try and change to double beds?
- Also if I go ahead and pay deposit then one of other 2 gets offered something we like better on the 8th can I easily cancel without losing deposit
- Lastly does reserving this room remove me from the waiting list for my #1 - #5 choices.

Not complaining especially looking around not that many emails went out just trying to figure out our options. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:28:57 PM by alyssa »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: HE 2017 Questions about Room Transfering
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:35:11 PM »
no worries, i wanted to start a thread about the process of transferring a room

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sorry if this info can be found easily in different thread but I didn't see and this is actually the first year I got offered through hotel sale and didn't have to rely on room share.

I was offered my #6 choice Hotel Solamar with a King bed.

- When I go ahead and pay deposit to lock this one down can I try and change to double beds?
you can try but frankly, it's doubtful they will do it- but try!

- Also if I go ahead and pay deposit then one of other 2 gets offered something we like better on the 8th can I easily cancel without losing deposit
the refund dead line is the 15th of May. you should get your money back but it will be tied up

- Lastly does reserving this room remove me from the waiting list for my #1 - #5 choices.

honestly we don't know- we don't think so
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:03:48 AM »

Offline EthiopianSiren

• Sails Pavilion
  • @EthiopianSiren - SDCC 3x, Dragoncon 4x
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 01:57:11 PM »
Hi,

I joined Sunday night (forever the procrastinator). I asked my friend to PM me so that I could setup my Gmail account to give me a special alert for emails from this forum. In the process, I discovered that I can't reply to PMs until 24 hrs after joining.  If by some miracle I get a PM with a room offer  ;D would an admin be able to activate PMs for me? I was worried about the hotel exchange "reply within 1 hour" rule. 

Thanks!
Mahlet
[member=7011]EthiopianSiren[/member]

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 02:07:43 PM »
Hi,

I joined Sunday night (forever the procrastinator). I asked my friend to PM me so that I could setup my Gmail account to give me a special alert for emails from this forum. In the process, I discovered that I can't reply to PMs until 24 hrs after joining.  If by some miracle I get a PM with a room offer  ;D would an admin be able to activate PMs for me? I was worried about the hotel exchange "reply within 1 hour" rule. 

Thanks!
Mahlet
[member=7011]EthiopianSiren[/member]
all new members should be able to send a message. I've relaxed the permissions for the duration
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline EthiopianSiren

• Sails Pavilion
  • @EthiopianSiren - SDCC 3x, Dragoncon 4x
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »
I can send PMs now - Thanks so much!  :)

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 04:55:32 PM »
I confirmed by king room, but will I stay on the waitlist since this was not my choice?

At this point, I am crossing my fingers my BF gets Springhill/Residence Inn

Offline Jumping Jehosaphat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 01:05:49 PM »
I had a friend get Solamir last year. They will not give you a double. The only way to do so is to request a special needs room that handicap accessible.