Author Topic: Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration FAQ  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration FAQ
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:16:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration FAQ

Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration is rapidly approaching and Professor Toucan is here to answer all your burning questions. This one is a doozy so sit back, relax, and take notes!

Don’t see an answer to your question? Check out our Open Registration page or shoot us an email!

Q: How do I know if I am eligible for Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration?
A: To see if you are eligible, log in to your Member ID account and look in the top, right corner. If you see the green “OK CC’20 Attendee Open Reg” flag you are able to participate!

Open Registration is open to new attendees and anyone who has not already purchased or registered for the Comic-Con 2020 Preview Night option. You must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID account created prior to 10:30 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on November 4, 2019 to participate.

Q: What do I need for Open Registration?
A: You will need your Comic-Con Member ID, last name, personal registration code, and the link to the Expo Logic waiting room. You will use your personal registration code to access the Expo Logic waiting room, and you will use your Member ID and last name to begin a registration session if you are randomly selected.

If you plan to purchase for others, you will need each person’s correct last name and Member ID as well. PRO TIP: Ask them to check their Member ID account before the badge sale to confirm what last name they’re registered with. You will not be able to purchase badges for them unless you enter their Member ID and last name exactly as it appears on their account!

Q: Where do I find my registration code and link to the Expo Logic waiting room?
A: Eligible participants can find their personal registration code and link to the Expo Logic waiting room in their Comic-Con Member ID account under the “Registration Info” tab at least 48 hours prior to the sale.

This information will also be emailed to you around the same time, if you are opted in to receive our emails. We encourage you to add [email protected] and [email protected] as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.

Q: I am eligible for Open Registration, but my friends and family aren’t. Can I purchase badges for them?
A: No, you can only purchase badges for those who are also eligible for Open Registration. Member IDs will not validate in a registration session if they’re not eligible. If your friend or family members didn’t create and confirm their Comic-Con Member ID prior to November 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST), they will not be eligible to participate or have badges purchased for them.

Q: What time do I need to enter the Expo Logic waiting room? Is it 8:00 AM or 9:00 AM PST?
A: The Expo Logic waiting room will open at 8:00 AM PST (Pacific Standard Time) for registration code authorization, and badges will go on sale shortly after 9:00 AM PST. However, you do not need enter at 8:00 AM PST to participate! At 9:00 AM PST we will begin selecting members at random for a registration session. It doesn’t matter if you enter the waiting room at 8:05 AM or 8:50 AM PST, your chances of being selected are the same. We suggest you arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to 9:00 AM PST to avoid unnecessary wait times.

It is important to note that the waiting room will close at 9:00 AM PST sharp. You must arrive prior to 9:00 AM PST to participate in Open Registration!

Q: I am eligible for Open Registration. If I enter the Expo Logic waiting room before 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST), am I guaranteed a badge?
A: Admittance to the Expo Logic waiting room does not guarantee you a badge nor registration session, regardless of what time you enter the waiting room. There are more eligible members than badges available during Open Registration.

When the badge sale begins shortly after 9:00 AM PST, members will be randomly moved from the waiting room to a registration session. Not all members will be selected for a registration session. If you are unable to purchase a badge during Open Registration, we encourage you to try again next year.

Q: How many badges can I buy?
A: You may purchase badges for up to THREE eligible members total, yourself included.

For example, if you are selected for a registration session, you can buy badges for yourself, your mom, and your brother. However, if you are eligible to participate and you do not intend to purchase a badge for yourself, that’s ok too! If you are selected for a registration session, you’ll still indicate that you’d like to purchase for 3 people. When you arrive at the badge selection page you can select “Clear” next to your name and enter in your sister’s Member ID and last name. Then, “Click to Confirm” your sister instead.

But remember, each individual you are buying for must be eligible to participate and they must have their own Comic-Con Member ID account created and confirmed prior to 10:30 AM PST on November 4, 2019.

Q: I am buying badges for my friends. Can we each use our own credit card for the purchase? Do you accept online payment systems? How about debit cards?
A: Only one form of payment can be submitted at checkout. Comic-Con accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. If your debit card has a Visa or MasterCard logo, it is a valid form of payment. Comic-Con does not accept PayPal, Venmo, or any other online payment system.

Q: Can I share my registration code, or use it more than once?
A: We are against sharing your registration code. A registration code may only be redeemed for one entry into the Expo Logic waiting room. Whoever uses the registration code last will be the only person allowed to enter.

This means that if you enter your registration code to gain access to the waiting room, then you give your registration code to someone else and they use it to gain access, your session will expire and you will be kicked out of your waiting room session. Comic-Con will not be able to help you if you share your registration code.

Q: I am eligible for Open Registration, and I’d like to get a badge for my daughter who is age 6. Does she need a Comic-Con Member ID? Does she need to participate in Open Registration?
A: Comic-Con is proud to offer one of the most generous child badge policies in the industry. Children age 12 and under are free with a paid adult! Any child under the age of 12 does not need a Comic-Con Member ID and does not need to participate in any badge sale.

For more information about our child badge policy, please click here.

Q: How are badges shipped?
A: Badges will be shipped directly to the attendee associated with that badge. For example, if you were able to purchase badges for yourself and two friends, each person will receive their own badge in the mail to the shipping address listed on their Member ID account. However, we cannot ship to an international address. Please continue reading for additional badge shipping and pick-up options for international attendees!

Q: I am an international attendee. Where will my badge be shipped?
A: We are unable to ship badges to an international address. International attendees need to pick up their badge when they arrive onsite. We will post badge pick-up hours and locations as we get closer to the event!

Q: What should I do if I forgot to change my badge shipping address before Open Registration begins?
A: No worries! The deadline to change the badge shipping address on your Comic-Con Member ID account is May 13, 2020. The Comic-Con Member ID system will reopen for changes to eligible accounts a few days after Open Registration has ended.

Q: If I buy an attendee badge for Comic-Con 2020 but cannot attend, will I qualify for Comic-Con 2021 Returning Registration?
A: If you request a refund for your Comic-Con 2020 badge, you will not be eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2021 Returning Registration. However, Comic-Con reserves the right to change eligibility requirements at any time, without notice. For more information please review the Comic-Con Terms and Conditions.

Q: I am working with a badge buying group. How does Comic-Con ensure that my buyer gives me my badge, and doesn’t keep my badge and money?
A: We highly recommend only joining a badge buying group with people you know and trust. Comic-Con will ship badges to each individual attendee, not the buyer. If someone else purchases a badge for you, that badge will be shipped directly to you! On the same note, if you purchase a badge for someone it will be shipped to them. Comic-Con cannot intervene on your behalf if someone you purchase for refuses to pay you for their badge.

Additionally, If someone in your buying group attempts to sell or scalp their badge, all badges in the order will be cancelled, including yours.

Q: I am an international attendee. If I am selected for a registration session, can I enter a US shipping address instead of mine?
A: During Open Registration, you will be prompted to enter the billing address for the buyer (the credit card holder). This is not the shipping address! Your badge will be shipped to the badge shipping address on file in your Comic-Con Member ID account as of May 13, 2020. If you are an international attendee but would like your badge shipped to a friend in the United States, simply change the badge shipping address in your Member ID account to a domestic address before May 13, 2020.

Q: If I am unable to purchase a Comic-Con badge on November 16, will there be another sale?
A: There will not be another sale. If you are unable to purchase a badge, we encourage you to try again next year.

Thank you for sticking with us through this extensive FAQ! More helpful information is on the way, so be sure to bookmark us here so you don't miss out!

Posted on Nov 6, 2019
Categories:
Registration Update