Author Topic: Marriot Marquis vs Hilton Bayfront  (Read 7441 times)

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
Re: Marriot Marquis vs Hilton Bayfront
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2022, 04:39:29 AM »
Ive done the Omni and the MMM, I agree with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login exit from the back and it should be quicker for Hall H line from now on especially if the city wont let them use the lawn by the bayfront anymore, but I will always recommend the Omni, I felt when I staying in 2018 that it was closer for thing that weren't just Hall H, not sure if it was but defiantly felt like it lol.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2022, 05:00:45 AM »
If they aren’t allowed to use the lawn anymore, where are the tents and chutes?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:45:37 AM »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2022, 09:19:50 AM »
I am not talking about that lawn area with the tents, remember Hall H isn't just a morning line.  To me, the benefit of Bayfront being close to Hall H is not the morning of, it was doing shifts during the two days.  Now that area on the sidewalk right outside the Bayfront is off-limits so they moved it behind the convention center.  It's more in the middle of bayfront and MMM. 
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2022, 09:26:39 AM »
Ohhhh, you mean the part of the line when you cross the street between the center and the Bayfront?

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2022, 03:50:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ohhhh, you mean the part of the line when you cross the street between the center and the Bayfront?

Someone get us a map and a pointer! 

Offline Hgmaddhatter

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2022, 04:34:01 PM »
Someone get us a map and a pointer! 
I need to be there for this presentation, do you need a note taker??

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2022, 05:17:56 PM »
I need to be there for this presentation, do you need a note taker??

Listen miss I am thinking about the MGH, you don't have time for the presentation.  You need to go buy hiking boots.  :P

Offline Hgmaddhatter

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2022, 07:47:01 AM »
Listen miss I am thinking about the MGH, you don't have time for the presentation.  You need to go buy hiking boots.  :P
OK I'm new forgive me if my acronyms aren't up to date lol

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2022, 08:40:13 AM »
The three hotels on the south side of Harbor (the same side as the convention center) are the Marriott Marquis & Marina "MMM", the Hilton Bayfront "HB", and the Manchester Grand Hyatt "MGH". All the other hotels usually get typed out as words. :)

Offline Hgmaddhatter

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2022, 09:02:56 AM »
The three hotels on the south side of Harbor (the same side as the convention center) are the Marriott Marquis & Marina "MMM", the Hilton Bayfront "HB", and the Manchester Grand Hyatt "MGH". All the other hotels usually get typed out as words. :)
Thankyou!! I am learning, luckily there are awesome people I have met here and through other groups that have been extremely helpful...

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2022, 05:05:57 PM »
I have stayed at both and enjoyed more the MMM I felt more of that comic con atmosphere and closer to the exhibition hall which I spent a lot of time in, the HBF is a really cool hotel tho and the only place I have encountered some celebs casually walking by.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2022, 07:26:50 PM »
To expand on me for the big 3:
3 - MMM. Has the best pool! Location is good for Funko Fundays, Video Game stuff, and panel pickups.  Beyond that it always felt like a munch longer walk for me.  Personal run ins there, Will Wheaton at the bar and Cladio Sanchez in the pool.
2 - HBF. Best Views.  Location is great for Hall H & Ballroom, FX area, Stadium events and the convention hall in general.  Probably my favorite room if you have3+ people in your group for size.  Personal run ins there, just Dan Harmon.
1 - Hard Rock.  Best Atmosphere.  Great location for off sites and very easy access to the show floor. Its across the train tracks....but just barely, easy walk everywhere.  Rooms are really small for bigger groups....but they are the nicest quality to me.  Personal run ins there: Walking Dead cast, Suicide Squad cast, Deadpool cast, Jason Mamoa, Ezra Miller, Chadwick Bossman, Harrison Ford.....and so many more.  Bonus points as many big parties are in the hotel and depending on what floor your room is on...you may be able to walk right in to some.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 08:32:21 PM by stl_ben »

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2022, 07:55:18 PM »
3 - HBF. Has the best pool! Location is good for Funko Fundays, Video Game stuff, and panel pickups.  Beyond that it always felt like a munch longer walk for me.  Personal run ins there, Will Wheaton at the bar and Cladio Sanchez in the pool.
2 - MMM. Best Views.  Location is great for Hall H & Ballroom, FX area, Stadium events and the convention hall in general.  Probably my favorite room if you have3+ people in your group for size.  Personal run ins there, just Dan Harmon.
1 - Hard Rock.  Best Atmosphere.  Great location for off sites and very easy access to the show floor. Its across the train tracks....but just barely, easy walk everywhere.  Rooms are really small for bigger groups....but they are the nicest quality to me.  Personal run ins there: Walking Dead cast, Suicide Squad cast, Deadpool cast, Jason Mamoa, Ezra Miller, Chadwick Bossman, Harrison Ford.....and so many more.  Bonus points as many big parties are in the hotel and depending on what floor your room is on...you may be able to walk right in to some.
I would think the MGH would be best for Fundays, since the event happens there. Second, would be MMM since it is closer to the MGH.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2022, 08:20:03 PM »
I would think the MGH would be best for Fundays, since the event happens there. Second, would be MMM since it is closer to the MGH.

I agree

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2022, 08:27:36 PM »
3 - HBF. Has the best pool! Location is good for Funko Fundays, Video Game stuff, and panel pickups.  Beyond that it always felt like a munch longer walk for me.  Personal run ins there, Will Wheaton at the bar and Cladio Sanchez in the pool.
2 - MMM. Best Views.  Location is great for Hall H & Ballroom, FX area, Stadium events and the convention hall in general.  Probably my favorite room if you have3+ people in your group for size.  Personal run ins there, just Dan Harmon.

I think you mixed HBF and MMM  :P