Author Topic: Thursday Chat (2022):  (Read 3873 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Thursday Chat:
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2022, 01:12:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wanted to inquire about this as I’ve never done ballroom 20.  So basically you’re good walking in as soon as con opens but you gotta post up for the day? Any pro tips here?

Obviously things change every year and every day, but in 2019 on Saturday, I was able to join the B20 line in the morning (at a reasonable hour... not before dawn) and get in with a seat in the front third of the room. The room didn't fill up immediately, but was full by the end of the first panel. After that, no one left for the rest of the day. This was for the animation slate+Orville, so there was a lot of crossover interest between panels.

The Thursday/Friday slates are a variety of panels, so there might be more turnover. That being said, it's hard to know if any of those shows (including Severance) have enough of a fanbase that people might sleep out and room-camp all day.

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2022, 01:16:22 PM »
Obviously things change every year and every day, but in 2019 on Saturday, I was able to join the B20 line in the morning (at a reasonable hour... not before dawn) and get in with a seat in the front third of the room. The room didn't fill up immediately, but was full by the end of the first panel. After that, no one left for the rest of the day. This was for the animation slate+Orville, so there was a lot of crossover interest between panels.

The Thursday/Friday slates are a variety of panels, so there might be more turnover. That being said, it's hard to know if any of those shows (including Severance) have enough of a fanbase that people might sleep out and room-camp all day.
Thanks, BR20 is just the everything else line then you filter in right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Thursday Chat (2022):
« Reply #32 on: Today at 09:04:11 AM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2022, 02:00:11 PM »
So excited to be producing my first Manifest fan panel on Thursday - Manifesters Celebrate Return from the Dead - 12noon,  Omni Grand Ballroom DE.  Yay! ✈️
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2022, 02:57:40 PM »
Wanted to inquire about this as I’ve never done ballroom 20.  So basically you’re good walking in as soon as con opens but you gotta post up for the day? Any pro tips here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the time I just walk in a bit before what I want to see, though I know that can vary on the popularity of the panel. I was turned down maybe once or twice.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2022, 09:53:03 AM »
I had NO IDEA they were making a new Dinotopia series, I am super pumped about this.
Well the Dinotopia panel got cancelled, hopefully the remake won't be.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2022, 11:52:05 AM »

Can't help but notice a few other panels have gotten cancelled. I know they need to lock things down so they can reveal them, but I guess I'll need to reread the schedule come Wed to see what actually stuck.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2022, 01:02:46 PM »

Turns out I wouldn't have been able to make the panel anyway, but this is still a bummer, I would love a decent series for this.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah