Author Topic: WonderCon 2013 news  (Read 103685 times)

Offline skeletim308

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
Re: WonderCon 2013 news
« Reply #495 on: March 31, 2013, 07:54:25 AM »
Well, the line for Much Ado is already past the Hilton. It started at about 6:30 with 25ish people.

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #496 on: March 31, 2013, 07:57:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, the line for Much Ado is already past the Hilton. It started at about 6:30 with 25ish people.
what is much ado?
My goal today is to get a duck tales poster

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #497 on: Today at 09:13:03 AM »

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #497 on: March 31, 2013, 08:19:41 AM »
what is much ado?

Joss Whedon's home movie of the William Shakespeare play with all his actor friends
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Yzrfan

WonderCon 2013 news
« Reply #498 on: March 31, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »
Josh  and Nathan Filmore are supposdd to be there. Kind of like a partial Firefly reunion.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #499 on: March 31, 2013, 09:54:59 AM »

How you get one of those?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #500 on: March 31, 2013, 10:02:47 AM »
How you get one of those?

Probably the duck tales video game
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #501 on: March 31, 2013, 10:21:35 AM »
You have to play the game at the booth

Yzrfan

WonderCon 2013 news
« Reply #502 on: March 31, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
Did you gets yours yet kappo? The girls played their 2 Nintendo games each to score the backpacks.

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #503 on: March 31, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
Did you gets yours yet kappo? The girls played their 2 Nintendo games each to score the backpacks.
i got the poster just by asking, the line was already super long early in the morning.
I got the Nintendo bag yesterday.
Today arrow panel, Dr horrible and buying indie comics. I have giant green head, spot me.

Yzrfan

WonderCon 2013 news
« Reply #504 on: March 31, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »
That's cool you got them.

Offline funkybutton

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #505 on: March 31, 2013, 12:45:51 PM »
Funkybutton we were at the Enterprise Bridge panel too. My kids were the ones asking all the nosy questions. ;)

That's so funny, I was sitting right behing you lol!

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #506 on: March 31, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »
I'm at the arrow panel section 330

Yzrfan

WonderCon 2013 news
« Reply #507 on: March 31, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
I hope we were able to help everyone have a great time this con!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #508 on: March 31, 2013, 05:48:56 PM »
I am in the car leaving Anaheim. We left after the talkback panel. I didn't see any other FoCCI lanyards there, so I will report.

The guy hosting the panel was the President of CCI, sorry, I forgot his name. Roger something? There was plenty of opportunity to give feedback. Everyone was accommodated.

Everyone said they had a great time and many people, including myself, said that this was the best WonderCon ever. I said that although I was obviously attending WonderCon in Anaheim, I would prefer it to be in San Francisco. However I was the only one. Many other people were Anaheim locals and said they preferred it there. It was clear that after 2 years there are now some roots in Anaheim. One person suggested alternating cities every year,which I think would be a fair solution. CCI stated that as of now they have no venue, no date, no nothing for WonderCon next year, and everything is a toss up. So it looks like once again it is going to come down to who offers the best dates and space.

The biggest legitimate complaints were about parking and how the traffic cops directing traffic had no idea what was going on. I guess parking filled up early and was a mess. I don't know because we walked in every day. I suggested putting signs up outside the arena to direct people where to go to enter, because it was very confusing, especially for people approaching the convention center from the arena's direction. CCI told me they chose the one entrance inside the Exhibit Hall so they could have an inside lineup, in case it rained. Inconvenient in terms of entrance,but that made sense to me.

I had to roll my eyes at the number of people who came up and complained about Saturday selling out. The guy from CCI politely pointed out that this only happened about a week before the Con, but somehow the complainers felt that it was still CCI's fault that they couldn't get Saturday tickets. Sigh. A few people also complained about the difficulty of getting SDCC badges.

Interestingly, CCI said that the reason there were no resales of refunded badges for WonderCon was because that ticket vendor immediate put refund badges back into the saleable inventory.

So there's the scoop!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #509 on: March 31, 2013, 07:22:10 PM »
The WonderCon footage was wayyy better than the SDCC footage, but I agree the WB panel at SDCC last year pretty much killed every other panel. For the Sony Pictures panel the crowd was definitely louder, especially when Bruce came out. It was like the panties came off and the party began. I am digging the Arena over Hall H to be honest. Not a bad seat in the house, and a much, much, MUCH better sound system. Those floors (especially on the platforms idk what they are called, the portable ones that connect the 2nd level to the ground) were shaking like crazy.

Yeah, the sound in the arena kinda blew me away!  I agree that I like the Arena much more than Hall H.  While we had good seats for the WB panel, while I was scanning the arena before the panel started and it really looked like being last row upper deck would still be pretty awesome seats (the upper deck/non-floor seats looked pretty 'steep' from the stage so it wouldn't seem as far away).  I feel like this summer Hall H will definitely feel lacking compared to the arena.

I totally agree that the crowd was a bit subdued during the WB panel, but it wasn't for lack of ass kicking footage.  I think it's not 10% fair to compare the SDCC WB panel with the WC panel.  The SDCC panel featured a TON of star power from several super buzz worthy movies (MAN OF STEEL, HOBBIT, etc).  Going on just the footage alone the WC Pacific Rim footage blows the SDCC trailer away by a lot.  For atmosphere, the crowd was better at SDCC.