Author Topic: Veronica Mars Event in Gaslamp Friday 7:30pm July 19, 2013  (Read 27515 times)

Offline Nancy

• Gaming Lounge
    • Quiet Superstitions
  • Liked: 57
Re: Veronica Mars Event in Gaslamp Friday 7:30pm July 19, 2013
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 11:26:18 PM »
Glad we've gotten some more information on - and a venue!!

I got a ticket through Kickstarter but, as it wasn't VIP, I'm hoping it's reserved as
there probably won't be enough time to secure a decent spot in line post-Con.

Really excited about the line-up; superb!

Offline PlanningMackem

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2013, 05:51:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I got a ticket through Kickstarter but, as it wasn't VIP, I'm hoping it's reserved as
there probably won't be enough time to secure a decent spot in line post-Con.

I hope so too - since it seems as if the tickets available on the day are going to be free, I'd at least like to be guaranteed a better seat than the people who get them there and then otherwise I'll be a bit miffed I upped my pledge that high and all I got out of it was the guarantee of a seat, which tbh I probably would have chanced lining up on the morning if I'd known that were the case.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 04:09:52 AM »

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 08:05:36 AM »
I hope so too - since it seems as if the tickets available on the day are going to be free, I'd at least like to be guaranteed a better seat than the people who get them there and then otherwise I'll be a bit miffed I upped my pledge that high and all I got out of it was the guarantee of a seat, which tbh I probably would have chanced lining up on the morning if I'd known that were the case.

I'd send along an email to the KS campaign stating your concern, just in case. They have been very responsive so far!

Offline Nancy

• Gaming Lounge
    • Quiet Superstitions
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »

Ditto! From memory I dropped down and essentially chose this over the movie poster signed by the cast, so
a good seat might at least justify that choice  :-\

I'd send along an email to the KS campaign stating your concern, just in case. They have been very responsive so far!

Good idea, I might email them today just to see how they plan on distributing the tickets...

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 04:08:28 PM »
They've generally been very responsive.  I know I emailed my concern about an early afternoon meet and greet detracting from those that want to attend panels during the day.  While they didn't exactly tell me what I wanted to hear, they at least responded within 24 hours and told me I'd get the details by the end of the week.

Offline Nancy

• Gaming Lounge
    • Quiet Superstitions
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2013, 06:02:43 PM »
They've generally been very responsive.  I know I emailed my concern about an early afternoon meet and greet detracting from those that want to attend panels during the day.  While they didn't exactly tell me what I wanted to hear, they at least responded within 24 hours and told me I'd get the details by the end of the week.

Am thinking I'll pretty much get the same response, but it never hurts to check and it's great they're on top of it.

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2013, 06:10:24 PM »
I think even the non-VIP ticket buyers have reserved seats, no? Here's what it says on the package
Reward: SDCC FAN PACKAGE: You'll receive everything included in the $100 reward (updates, script, shirt, digital download, poster, DVD/BD combo) PLUS you'll enjoy a reserved seat at our special Veronica Mars Fan Event during San Diego Comic Con on July 19, 2013.

It could mean you only get tickets, but I took it as you have seats reserved for you, probably a few rows behind the VIP seats

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »
I would agree, it sounds like you get a reserved seat.  Based on the SDCC packages sold there are 40 VIPs and 152 non-VIPs who should get reserved seats.  That's 192.  I'm not sure if they're holding seats for other media, friends or family, but there may not be many seats left for non-backers.  Any idea how many seats a fair sized theater has?

Offline Nancy

• Gaming Lounge
    • Quiet Superstitions
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »

I was totally on the same page when it was initially offered as an incentive on Kickstarter, but then paranoia set
in and I wondered if they just meant you had a guaranteed spot, not necessarily a reserved seat.

I think some of the larger cinemas can sit up to 450 patrons, but I'm not sure about the size of theatres at
the Horton...

Offline PlanningMackem

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 01:40:11 AM »
I think I'll email them - definitely doesn't hurt to let them know there are concerns just in case it's something they've overlooked! I've gone through exactly the same train of thought as you, Nancy - "what if I misunderstood?". After posting here yesterday I went back and found the original Kickstarter update where they added that reward level, and it says:

The SDCC Fan Package guarantees you a single reserved seat for the Fan Event, in case you want to roll up fashionably late without waiting in line, and the SDCC VIP Package guarantees you a reserved seat up front at the Fan Event and some face time with me and the cast during a brief invite-only Meet & Greet event the same day.

To me that implies it'll be VIP in the front, then reserved seats (even if it's just a reserved section rather than a specific seat number) then everybody else. Because otherwise nobody is going to want to risk "rolling up fashionably late" in case they get stuck at the back.

As for the size, I've been trying to look up info but apparently the cinema downsized from 14 screens to 8 in 2012 (not sure if this means they merged some screens therefore making fewer screens with higher capacity, or just closed parts of it down) and the last time I was there was 2011 so I can't even try to guess based on that.

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2013, 05:26:46 PM »
Did you get a reply, Nancy?

So, I know where Horton Plaza is, I've been there in the past couple of years, but where exactly is Regal Cinema (United Artists 8)?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2013, 05:31:31 PM »
It's upstairs in the Horton Plaza I believe. I think that's where I went for the Captain America screening.

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »
It's upstairs in the Horton Plaza I believe. I think that's where I went for the Captain America screening.

Thanks! Level 4?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »
Yup!

Offline speedigy

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2013, 01:56:01 PM »
They just sent out info for the VIP Meet & Greet, if you have that check your inboxes.