Author Topic: SDCC 2023 Volunteer Discussion  (Read 10726 times)

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
SDCC 2023 Volunteer Discussion
« on: September 19, 2022, 03:52:23 PM »
Just got the Comic-Con 2023 Returning Daily Volunteer Registration email. Opens up at 10am on September 27th

To All Returning Daily Volunteers!

Comic-Con 2023 Returning Daily Volunteer Registration will open at 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Tuesday, September 27, 2022. Returning Daily Volunteer Registration is only open to those who completed at least one daily volunteer assignment for Comic-Con 2022 or who were pre-approved by the Daily Volunteer Department.

INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN RETURNING DAILY VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION:

Starting at 10:00 AM PDT on Tuesday, September 27, 2022, register as a returning daily volunteer for Comic-Con 2023 by following the instructions below:

From the “Daily Volunteers” option in the top menu bar, select “Comic-Con 2023” from the menu dropdown.*
    Name and email fields will automatically fill. Fill in the other registrant information and click “Add to Cart”.
    Review and agree to the Terms & Conditions, then click “Save & Continue”.
    Click “Process Order” to complete your registration!

*This menu item will only display to returning daily volunteers that meet the eligibility requirements described above.

Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email confirmation with the “Comic-Con 2023 Daily Volunteer Information and Forms” document attached.

Returning Daily Volunteer Registration will close on Tuesday, October 11, 2022. You must register online by this deadline if you want to redeem your guaranteed admission to our Comic-Con 2023 Daily Volunteer Program.

If you miss the Returning Daily Volunteer Registration deadline, you may still register during the second round of volunteer registration for those on the Daily Volunteer Interest List. You do not need to sign up for the Interest List, but admission is not guaranteed during this registration period. Once the Daily Volunteer Program reaches capacity, it will close to new registrants and there will be no further opportunities to register as a volunteer for Comic-Con 2023.

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
Re: SDCC 2023 Volunteer Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 09:25:38 AM »
I have an appointment on the 27th (of course). Do you think returning registration will go on for at least a few hours or will it fill up quick?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:56:06 PM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 09:41:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have an appointment on the 27th (of course). Do you think returning registration will go on for at least a few hours or will it fill up quick?

It looks like you can submit anytime before the deadline, and be assured of your registration acceptance. No need to rush.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 10:12:33 AM »
Yup, this is the one SDCC-related registration process where there is absolutely no need to rush. Every single person who received the email will be able to register as a volunteer for 2023, as long as they do so anytime within the window. There’s no quota.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 10:30:11 AM »
Just a reminder that returning volunteer registration is now open.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 02:37:44 PM by debster »

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 01:01:23 PM »
Just a reminder than returning volunteer registration is now open.

Done.  Thanks for the reminder.   :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 01:29:30 PM »
done
one more thing off my plate
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 03:48:04 PM »
Signed up but I still want to try for a "real" badge.

Offline ToryRoxx

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2022, 07:23:28 PM »
my mom completed a pre con shift and even got the volunteer pin as proof that she completed it . They did not give her returning volunteer registration. >:(  . i know its because of the woman working at the help desk . she messed with my moms account and probably removed her volunteer shift info . I sent in a help ticket thing and gave them info on her shift and everything. hopefully they get back  to us soon.
   Any other suggestions as to how i can get this to the volunteer higher ups ? >:( :(

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 07:43:55 PM »
my mom completed a pre con shift and even got the volunteer pin as proof that she completed it . They did not give her returning volunteer registration. >:(  . i know its because of the woman working at the help desk . she messed with my moms account and probably removed her volunteer shift info . I sent in a help ticket thing and gave them info on her shift and everything. hopefully they get back  to us soon.
   Any other suggestions as to how i can get this to the volunteer higher ups ? >:( :(

check out this response for 2022.

it refers to this email address.  it might help.   [email protected]

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2022, 10:12:08 AM »
Signups for "Interest List" starts October 12th

Daily Volunteers

Everyone who wishes to volunteer for Comic-Con must have a Comic-Con Member ID account. If you do not have a Member ID, please click here to learn how to create one. Be sure to opt in to our marketing emails to receive notifications regarding the Comic-Con Daily Volunteer Program. We also encourage you to keep an eye on this page and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Toucan – the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon – for the latest volunteer announcements.

Daily Volunteer Registration Timeline

First Round: Comic-Con 2023 Returning Daily Volunteer Registration will open Tuesday, September 27, 2022, for those who completed at least one assignment as a daily volunteer for Comic-Con 2022 or who were pre-approved by the Daily Volunteer Department. Returning Daily Volunteer Registration will remain open until Tuesday, October 11, 2022.

Interest List: After the first round of Returning Daily Volunteer Registration closes, the Comic-Con 2023 Daily Volunteer Interest List will open for sign-ups on Wednesday, October 12, 2022.

Second Round: After the Daily Volunteer Interest List sign-ups close, Comic-Con 2023 Daily Volunteer Registration will open for those on the Interest List and any returning daily volunteers who did not register in the first round. Date TBA. The second round of registration will remain open until the program’s capacity has been reached.
If you have any questions about the Daily Volunteer Program, please email us at [email protected]

Returning Daily Volunteer Registration

If you are a returning daily volunteer, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account, select “Daily Volunteers” from the top menu bar, then click “Comic-Con 2023 Daily Volunteer Registration” to access the form. Returning Daily Volunteer Registration closes on Tuesday, October 11, 2022. You must register online by this deadline if you want to redeem your guaranteed admission to our Comic-Con 2023 Daily Volunteer Program.

Returning Daily Volunteer Registration is only for those who completed at least one assignment as a daily volunteer for Comic-Con 2022 or who were pre-approved by the Daily Volunteer Department.

Daily Volunteer Interest List

Anyone who has not volunteered before or is not considered a returning daily volunteer and would like a chance to register for the Comic-Con 2023 Daily Volunteer Program can sign up for the Daily Volunteer Interest List. Sign-ups are taken on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity is reached. There is no guarantee that getting on the Interest List will admit you to the volunteer program. Returning daily volunteers do NOT need to sign up for the Interest List.

Once the Interest List has reached capacity, those on the Interest List will receive an email notification with the date and time that Comic-Con 2023 Daily Volunteer Registration will be available to them. Registration will remain open for the Interest List, as well as any unregistered returning daily volunteers, on a first-come, first-served basis until the program’s capacity is reached. At that time, the volunteer program will close and there will be no further opportunities to register to volunteer for Comic-Con 2023.

We thank ALL of our volunteers – past, present, and future – for their help and enthusiasm in making Comic-Con and WonderCon great experiences for all!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 12:47:23 AM »
Bump

"Daily Volunteer Interest List will open for sign-ups on Wednesday, October 12, 2022."

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2022, 06:26:25 AM »
Bump

"Daily Volunteer Interest List will open for sign-ups on Wednesday, October 12, 2022."

Thank you!  Totally missed this!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2022, 10:09:12 AM »
Has anybody been able to sign up for the Daily Volunteer interest list yet today?

Offline llograms

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2022, 10:23:10 AM »
Has anybody been able to sign up for the Daily Volunteer interest list yet today?

It's open now, just signed up.