Author Topic: Luggage/SWAG storage dilemma!  (Read 1767 times)

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
Luggage/SWAG storage dilemma!
« on: July 05, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
So I'm roomsharing for the con; I'm actually the 5th person in a room. Now, the people I'm staying with leave on Sunday. I have my own hotel Sunday night.

Here's the issue: I'm going to be camping out Saturday night to get into Hall H on Sunday. Where can I store all my stuff?? The hotel I'm sharing isn't in my name or anything obviously, and since we're all kinda stuffing in there I'm a little leery about how accommodating they'd be as far as storing my luggage if I brought it to them Saturday night before heading out. Bringing it to the other hotel doesn't seem like a viable option, since it'd literally be the night before I'm supposed to check in. So... thoughts?

Maybe I'm overthinking, but I'd like to be prepared!

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
Re: Luggage/SWAG storage dilemma!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:27:37 PM »
You are checking into a hotel on Sunday? They usually have a storage area that you could drop off your luggage. Call the hotel and see if they are able to store your luggage prior to you actually checking in. I've done it before.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:07:38 AM »

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:32:33 PM »
Yeah, the issue is the whole camping situation. I'm planning to be at the con from the wee hours of the morning on and then checking in that night. Therein lies the problem

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, the issue is the whole camping situation. I'm planning to be at the con from the wee hours of the morning on and then checking in that night. Therein lies the problem

Right, just let them know what's going on and they should hold your luggage until you can go in and check in the next day. If I'm wrong, well, it will be only the second time ever, and trust me, the first time was way worse.  ;)

Offline Miguel Gonzalez

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 12:02:11 AM »
Yeah I'm staying at the Hilton Gaslamp I emailed them about the same situation, because I'm arriving on Wednesday, but my hotel reservation isn't until Thursday since I plan on camping out Wednesday. I emailed them and they said they provide luggage storage until I check in and after I check out as well.

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 07:22:30 AM »
Yea, your asking people for opinions and what you should be doing is simply calling the hotel that you are checking into Sunday and asking them. Get that facts. There is no better advice. If they say no, then explore other routes.

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 08:12:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah I'm staying at the Hilton Gaslamp I emailed them about the same situation, because I'm arriving on Wednesday, but my hotel reservation isn't until Thursday since I plan on camping out Wednesday. I emailed them and they said they provide luggage storage until I check in and after I check out as well.

Cool, thanks for the info :)

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »
im just going to store my stuff in the car in the parking lot at the hotel..It will be my drop off point every night after the con!