Author Topic: Zachary Levi Party  (Read 2403 times)

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
Zachary Levi Party
« on: July 20, 2018, 10:46:18 PM »

So he’s having party tomorrow at 10pm; but he won’t disclose the location until 8pm Saturday to discourage camping out for it. This is NOT the SYFY party happening at the same time at the Children’s Museum.

And priority entrance for those of you wearing NerdHQ gear, which I did not bring this year. D’oh!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:48:29 PM by accelerate »

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
Re: Zachary Levi Party
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »
I hope it’s somewhere fairly big since I’m sure a lot of people will line up for this!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:20:19 AM »

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
Zachary Levi Party
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 09:36:26 PM »
It’s at Tin Roof. 10pm. $5 cover. He announced it at 9:08pm, and by the time I got in line at 9:25, the line was already around the block. And it’s doubled in size since I got here.

UPDATE: they just announced no more cover charge. Zach is covering. Also, if you’re wearing NerdHQ gear, they’ll pull you out of line and move you to shorter line.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:40:28 PM by accelerate »

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 11:11:12 PM »
Anyone else here?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 07:09:46 AM »
How was it?  After being at parties Wed, Thurs and Fri I just couldn't do another one last night.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 03:18:09 PM »
It was pretty fun! After he tweeted out the location, there was a massive run to the place, I was lucky because my friend and I were only 2 blocks away so I was close to the front of the Nerd apparel line. They had tried to establish two lines, one with Nerd apparel and one without, but they all got mixed up. The lines were massive and actually went around the block. Probabiy only a few hundred got in. The line was capped very quickly. They made us show our Nerd stuff in order to get in, but I did see people without Nerd stuff on later on in the evening. I saw one guy poked holes in his Nerd HQ cup, put a string around it and wear it as a necklace in order to get in. I also saw a guy wearing a super skin tight ladies Nerd tank top, which was funny.

There was supposed to be a $5 cover charge, but Zachary Levi ended up covering it. They asked us to donate to Operation Smile instead, and they had people collecting donations as they walked in.

The party itself started with a live band, then a DJ for the rest of the night. Mainly 90s hits and some older stuff. Zachary Levi came down from the VIP section a couple of times to urge people to dance (he tweeted out that you had to dance if you got in). I saw Dan Folger and some people from Riverdale go up to the VIP section, but I was busy dancing so I’m sure I missed a bunch.

He did say that it was probably the last dance party he would have at SDCC, but that he was open to doing it in other cities (he specifically mentioned NYCC!).

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 08:32:08 AM »
Sounds like lots of fun!!

I was wanting to go since he posted he was having a dance party earlier but I didn't check twitter until 11:30pm :(
at that time I was already at the SYFY fan party which was fun too!
Free food, free beer, free swag 90's band and DJ as well :D

any free swag at levis party?

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 03:29:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
any free swag at levis party?

Zac made it clear he did the party for one reason:  Dancing.

He even came out* when I got in to ask people to leave if they weren't dancing and let someone else in.

There was no swag.  The only thing they were promoting was Operation Smile.  It was a cash bar.

*  He and other celebs were upstairs, while everyone else was downstairs.  But, he came down often.

Offline Callie524

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 01:48:12 PM »
I was at McFaddens When he announced the location had my twitter set to notify me I literally got up and ran around the corner to the tin room when I got there i was in line for about an hour before the cops showed up and told us that we could no longer be on the sidewalk like this and to move. I moved and asked a bouncer when we should come back I said 20 min?  and was told to come back in a hour. A lot of people would not move and the cops began handing out tickets to people. When I went back in an hour they said that they let everyone still waiting in  20 min ago I was so mad! I talked to a bouncer that almost let me and my friend in but to many people were watching and if he let us in they would of  had to let them in so we just left! I know he did this for a good cause but it should of been WAY more organized!
Find me on Twitter @CallieMartinez

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 02:14:50 PM »
The funny thing is that Zack said he posted it so last minute in hopes of preventing a line.

That's the same reason Taco Bell broke up it's line the first night the way that it did.  I heard the security people talking about the police and then they just told people to scatter.  The next day I was talking to who seemed to be the head of that part of the security at about noon, on both nights I was in line he was the guy telling other people what to do, and he said that there is no line for Taco Bell.  There can be no line since it's illegal for there to be a line.  So I said that if people choose to stand on the sidewalk of there own accord then it's up to them right.  He said that's up to them but there is no line.

I think it really comes down to how the surrounding businesses respond.  If they call the cops then it's a problem.  The first night the Taco bell line went south and I don't think the businesses there were very happy.  The second night the line went north and those people didn't seem to care at all.  A good way to form these street lines is to pick a direction where they don't have cafe style sidewalk seating and not to block access to the surrounding businesses.