Author Topic: Postponed: Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer at Petco 7/24/2020  (Read 22823 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer at Petco 7/24/2020
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 02:29:06 PM »
The Hella Mega website notes two pre-sales for US fans. The web store pre-sale begins on Monday, Sept. 16 at 10 a.m. local time for fans who pre-order any of the three upcoming albums. Fall Out Boy’s “Greatest Hits: Believers Never Die - Volume Two” is out first on Nov. 15. Green Day’s “Father of All…” album is set to release Feb. 7, 2020. Weezer’s “Van Weezer” will be out May 1, 2020. All can be pre-ordered through each band’s respective web store to receive a pre-sale code for the Hella Mega Tour.

There is an option for fans who don’t want to pre-order any of the three albums. The mailing list pre-sale begins the same day, just an hour later at 11 a.m. local time. Check out the Hella Mega website for links to all three mailing lists. (It appears fans only need to be on one list to get a code).

Other pre-sales listed on Ticketmaster include ones for American Express cardholders, Green Day fan club members, Sirius XM/Spotify listeners and Ticketmaster Official Platinum users. All of those pre-sales start Sept. 16 at 10 a.m. local time as well. The Live Nation pre-sale doesn’t start until Sept. 19 at 10 a.m. local time while individual venue pre-sales will vary.

Hella Mega tour tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, Sept. 20 at 10 a.m. local time.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

it seems as tho album preorders and amex go live at the same time
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 07:10:45 PM »
Darn I no longer have AmEx. It’s going to be packed in the Gaslamp that night.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Postponed: Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer at Petco 7/24/2020
« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:51:40 AM »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 07:51:30 PM »
I stand with Leslie!

2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 11:55:08 PM »
concerts channel and voice channel are up on discord

Offline Roo_bear

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2019, 09:17:43 AM »
No fomo on this for me. They play near my house a week later. I can still wait in line for hall h Friday night. :(
Sdcc 2016,2017, 2019.

Offline wolfgirl1272

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 64
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 12:19:40 PM »
I just saw this on twitter last night, this is so tempting  :'( decisions, decisions

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 08:38:55 AM »
I would love to go, but Friday night is usually packed for me. Also, the thought of dealing with the cluster that is Ticketmaster makes me queasy. One of the last times I tried to buy tickets, it was very frustrating, and I only ended up with mediocre, but expensive seats. Another time, we struck out, but more tickets in the balcony mysteriously went up the next day, so I got to go.

I hate Ticketmaster...

Seeing Green Day and FOB would be epic (I wonder if FOB will do their What's This cover-I absolutely love that)
Ang

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 01:32:13 PM »
I enjoy that type of music- //don'tJudge - plus seeing the show sounds like fun. i haven't been to a large show in years-I am too much a technician to  go to shows just for the music. LOL i want big productions so i can try and figure out how they do stuff.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 03:02:02 PM »
so, if I have an amex that they gave to me in mexico, is it valid for the presale? sorry for the dumb question ???

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 03:17:41 PM »
so, if I have an amex that they gave to me in mexico, is it valid for the presale? sorry for the dumb question ???

from what i understand, as long as u pay with an amex card you're ok. maybe there's a number u can call or a faq ?

hey [member=364]Angology[/member] have u ever tried ticketmaster with the amex early entry? I've never tried ticketmaster so i'm clueless- im use to being frustrated trying to get mondo/bottleneck prints so... I guess i'm just wondering if i should set myself up for a bad experience? LOL
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:25:16 PM by alyssa »

Offline newbie12

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 04:29:22 PM »
have u ever tried ticketmaster with the amex early entry? I've never tried ticketmaster so i'm clueless- im use to being frustrated trying to get mondo/bottleneck prints so... I guess i'm just wondering if i should set myself up for a bad experience? LOL
According to Ticketmaster's help "If you have an eligible American Express card the code for preferred tickets is the 10 digit customer service phone number on the back of your card. You must use an eligible American Express card for purchase.
American Express Presales do not require a code, but do require you complete the purchase with an American Express credit card.
American Express Gift Cards and American Express Prepaid cards are not eligible for American Express Presale tickets or American Express Preferred tickets."

If a code is needed, there will be a box to enter it. Just an fyi sometimes they aren't the best seats available and so you want to weigh whether you want to get them if they have them or risk waiting. For the last 2 FOB shows, I had the presale option but ended up waiting and got much better seats. It's hard to tell how this show is going to sell though so I figured I'd play it by ear come buying time.

Ticketbastard is clunky and their fees outrageous so I'm not looking forward to the buying, BUT I'm willing to deal with the hassle to see the show.  :D

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 04:32:34 PM »
how much are tix for a show of this kind going for in the US? I mean, it must be regular price+fees+itsinthefreakingmiddleofSDCC right?

Offline newbie12

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »
how much are tix for a show of this kind going for in the US? I mean, it must be regular price+fees+itsinthefreakingmiddleofSDCC right?
I don't think the promoters have any idea of comic con when they schedule these things. (Seems like every year there is a concert in  Los Angeles at the same time as sdcc that I want to go to.)
Ticket prices aren't listed yet but the expected demand will determine them, plus the ridiculous fees on top of that. I'm really curious to see how popular it will be.
For many fans, they will have no idea that it's at the same time as sdcc and that room availability and accessibility to the venue will be an issue.
I recall seeing a fair amount of fuss one year when a concert was scheduled somewhere in San Diego and many concert goers had no idea how difficult it was to navigate anything in the city at the same time as the con. I don't remember exactly who and where it was though.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 05:43:42 PM »
I don't think the promoters have any idea of comic con when they schedule these things. (Seems like every year there is a concert in  Los Angeles at the same time as sdcc that I want to go to.)
Ticket prices aren't listed yet but the expected demand will determine them, plus the ridiculous fees on top of that. I'm really curious to see how popular it will be.
For many fans, they will have no idea that it's at the same time as sdcc and that room availability and accessibility to the venue will be an issue.
I recall seeing a fair amount of fuss one year when a concert was scheduled somewhere in San Diego and many concert goers had no idea how difficult it was to navigate anything in the city at the same time as the con. I don't remember exactly who and where it was though.

i'm sure the venue knows that date is in the middle of sdcc. .... and they adjusted their rates for the rental upward ;)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2019, 12:00:25 AM »
i'm sure the venue knows that date is in the middle of sdcc. .... and they adjusted their rates for the rental upward ;)

That's the thing though.  If there was something planned their for SDCC, I don't think they could have booked that space at that time.  This year, other than Impractical Jokers and that Watchman thing, there wasn't anything at Petco Park that I can remember.  Both of those things could have easily been done anywhere else.  In fact, there were two Watchman activations.  The other one was done in a small parking lot.  Petco Park this year was empty during comic-con.  The fact that they booked this concert during the next comic-con, says to me that it was going to be empty next year too.  This doesn't portend well for the number of offsites there will be next year.