Author Topic: New York Comic Con 2013  (Read 5894 times)

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
New York Comic Con 2013
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »
Hey everyone!
Most of you may already know who I am but for those that don't my name is Brian Stephenson and I am the Brand Marketing Director for New York Comic Con, C2E2, Star Wars Celebration, etc.

One week from today we will open the doors to the one and only New York Comic Con! I wanted to thank each and everyone one of you for coming to the show! You are all coming right? I also wanted to thank you for being the best fans in the world. Here at the ReedPOP global command center we always say that NYCC is YOUR show and we are just building it for you. This is the absolute truth. The fans are what make NYCC special and unique.

For 2013 we completely re-imagined and re-invented the show from the ground up. I think you will see this the moment you get to the building. The show will look and feel very different from previous years and I hope that you all will absolutely love it. I am incredibly proud of all of the work that our team did this year to try and take NYCC to the next level. There are tons of things that you will see at NYCC this year that you will not see at any other con in the world.

There are way too many changes and improvements for me to list them all here. I would love to see what you all notice and what stands out for you. I also wanted to mention that we take fan feedback very seriously and we do read and listen to everything you say. We then try to implement your feedback and ideas into next years show. We even do a panel on Sunday at NYCC that features all of us answering your questions and getting your feedback on the show. We aren't perfect and we definitely make mistakes but we always try to make things better and give everyone a great experience. I would encourage all of you to fill out on of our post show surveys and let us know what you think.

I would also love for you to post your comments here during the show and I will check them every night. I would love to hear the good and the bad highlights of your NYCC experience so please post them. All I ask is that you be respectful and honest. We all work insanely hard all year long to try and create an experience that is worthy of your passion, your energy and your hard earned money. We don't take anything for granted and we always try our hardest to build you the best experience that we can.

Hopefully this post will illustrate that we do listen and we do care about you as fans. This is the core of what ReedPOP is all about. Fans always come first. If you are at NYCC and you see me, Lance, Kim or anyone else on the ReedPOP team please say hello and let us know how you are doing. Thanks again for everything. I hope you have a great time at NYCC! Only 7 more days! I hope to see you all soon!

edited for 'less text wall' ish
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:34:59 AM by alyssa »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: New York Comic Con 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:21:11 AM »
Thank you for your participation on the forum, Brian. 

It is great to have organizers of the show posting announcements, answering fan questions, and announcing that I am The Batman.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:07:15 PM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:24:44 AM »
I've been to the C2E2 Talk Back panel and I highly recommend checking it out. They really do listen!

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:30:11 AM »
I really wish that NYCC crew panel was not the same time as Duchovney and Anderson, is there still time to amend the time of that. That is a big panel
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 09:33:45 AM »
I feel the same way! Do you think I want to miss the X-Files panel??? Ha! It is the only time that worked in our schedule and had an appropriately sized room available. Sorry! You should definitely go to the X-Files panel.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »
oh wells!
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »
To echo what Chris Chen said;

thank you for posting Brian. 

If anyone can make the talk back panel it's in room 1A15 at 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm NYCC Team Q&A

Having gone to other talk back panels- i have found folks to be receptive to new ideas and to let them know what works & what doesn't work.

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline bettiebloodshed

• Gaming Lounge
    • My cosplay page!
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »
Hopefully I see you sometime during the con and give you a high five, Brian. You have been a great help and a good source of information and we are all very appreciative of that.
Owner of When Nerds Attack .com