Author Topic: Filming TV or movies in your city?  (Read 2051 times)

Offline sirbob5

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
Filming TV or movies in your city?
« on: May 01, 2017, 07:33:13 PM »
The last year I've run across so many movies filming in Chicago. What have you caught filming in your city? I have a second job by a warehouse Chicago PD and Chicago Fire film at a lot. They reuse it quite a bit.  Everything from police stations to burning buildings. Sadly security is so tight we never get to see more than a glimpse of the cast!

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
Re: Filming TV or movies in your city?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:03:10 PM »
Robert Redford, Casey Affleck, and Sissy Spacek have been filming in my hometown of Hamilton, Ohio. I live 10 miles away now, but my parents and sister and a bunch of my coworkers still live there. No one I know has seen anything special. Mostly they are just pissing locals off... there is a river that runs through the city. There are only 3 bridges. One has been restricted to 2 lanes for months now causing insane traffic, and they closed another one for filming for 2 days. So the while city had one bridge, which no one loved. My sister works 6 miles from home and it took her 2 hours to get home one night.

James Franco has filmed a few movies here, too. And parts of Carol starring Cate Blanchett were filmed here. But nothing huge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:13:31 PM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 08:15:18 PM »
They film a lot of stuff in Downtown L.A.

There was a time where I accidentally walked into a scene of CSI:NY and went past the camera and Gary Sinise when I was doing a summer job in Downtown L.A. during high school.  Whoops!  If they kept that take, then I'm on the show somewhere.  Ha ha.  Then, there was another time where Brad Pitt was filming some scenes in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" in the lobby of the building I was working in at the time.

My mom once told me that they used parts of Downtown L.A. to film scenes for Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.  (They do a lot of filming near her workplace too.)  They made Japanese signs and banners and hung them up on that street to make it look more like Tokyo, ha ha.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline sirbob5

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 08:35:50 PM »
Wow, Robert Redford! 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Robert Redford, Casey Affleck, and Sissy Spacek have been filming in my hometown of Hamilton, Ohio. I live 10 miles away now, but my parents and sister and a bunch of my coworkers still live there. No one I know has seen anything special. Mostly they are just pissing locals off... there is a river that runs through the city. There are only 3 bridges. One has been restricted to 2 lanes for months now causing insane traffic, and they closed another one for filming for 2 days. So the while city had one bridge, which no one loved. My sister works 6 miles from home and it took her 2 hours to get home one night.

James Franco has filmed a few movies here, too. And parts of Carol starring Cate Blanchett were filmed here. But nothing huge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 09:19:31 PM »
The last year I've run across so many movies filming in Chicago. What have you caught filming in your city? I have a second job by a warehouse Chicago PD and Chicago Fire film at a lot. They reuse it quite a bit.  Everything from police stations to burning buildings. Sadly security is so tight we never get to see more than a glimpse of the cast!

I work in Manhattan.  There's filming going on constantly.

But, I live in Long Beach, NY and part of the pilot for Blacklist was filmed there.  It was the stuff on a bridge over a waterway where a convoy was attacked.  I drove across the bridge the day they were filming.

Offline michelleeddington0523

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 03:18:58 AM »
They film a lot of stuff in Downtown L.A.

There was a time where I accidentally walked into a scene of CSI:NY and went past the camera and Gary Sinise when I was doing a summer job in Downtown L.A. during high school.  Whoops!  If they kept that take, then I'm on the show somewhere.  Ha ha.  Then, there was another time where Brad Pitt was filming some scenes in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" in the lobby of the building I was working in at the time.

My mom once told me that they used parts of Downtown L.A. to film scenes for Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.  (They do a lot of filming near her workplace too.)  They made Japanese signs and banners and hung them up on that street to make it look more like Tokyo, ha ha.
I was living in Miami, when they were filming FF. It was awesome.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I am just here to make friends and joining a purchasing group. Hoping to be an SDCC2018 attendee

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 08:10:53 AM »
I see a lot of stuff because I live in NYC but my favorites are stumbling across Without A Trace (Anthony LaPaglia walked right past us to go to his trailer), The Avengers, and Glee. And J Lo's cop show filmed a block away from my apartment, which is a big deal because I live pretty far out in Brooklyn and literally nothing ever films there.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 06:33:37 AM »
This past fall they filmed a Tim Horton's commercial down the street.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 09:47:39 PM »
I always seem to miss them. A lot of Chasing Mavericks was filmed here (we live quite close to Mavericks.) Also part of Swiss Army Man, Daniel Radcliffe even showed up at our local British-style pub with his girlfriend and did karaoke. You can look up Radcliffe Slim Shady and see the video. Some friends called us while it was going on but naturally we were out of town.

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 01:11:22 PM »
I think they are filming Star Trek Discovery in Toronto right now.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 08:53:46 PM »
One of my dreams is to be unexpectedly rich enough to retire and buy the bowling alley in Belen, NM. It's never going to be a good investment, but at least once a year you'd be able to sit at the window and watch a movie or tv show being filmed right outside, (or inside in the case of Swing Vote.) Preacher's a recent example.

To echo the theme of my last post, this is the town I grew up in, but they never did any filming during those years.

Offline kohyuta

• Ballroom 20
  • Be water, my friend.
    • World Gone Geek
  • Liked: 226
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »
It's been fun seeing Northeast Ohio getting more film gigs. I was in Cleveland to see Spider-man 3 (no celeb sightings), The Avengers (the whole cast was in town), and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (whole cast again) film. There have also been a few smaller films, the latest being Matthew McConaughey's "White Boy Rick." They even used an old motel that was an old high school hangout where I grew up.

-----
Be Water, My Friend

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 06:44:20 PM »
They have filmed a lot of things in Austin. One of my favorite movies of all time: Dazed and Confused. Everybody Wants Some was also filmed in the area. Office Space was filmed here also.
I believe Friday Night Lights was filmed here. Revolution was filmed here too. From Dusk Til Dawn (the series) is another one (Of course-Robert Rodriguez films here all of the time).
Ang

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 07:08:59 PM »
They have filmed a lot of things in San Diego, but one is super fun to us SDCC fans. Demolition Man, a place very near and dear to us is featured prominently. The San Diego Convention Center! I guess the filmmakers thought it looked futuristic! Also in another outdoor shot is America Plaza trolley stop, for those of us familiar with the trolley.

And didn't even edit out the trolley tracks at One America Plaza
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:11:50 PM by Mel »
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline jujubaSD

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 67
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 10:11:19 AM »
Lots of things filmed in San Diego. Most of current things are pilots and movies that are likely small films. But my favorite classic is Top Gun.

My hometown (Vallejo, CA) had snips of Season 7  of The Walking Dead filmed there on the old naval base. Parts of 13 Reasons Why was also filmed there.