Author Topic: NYCC Random chat  (Read 80869 times)

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
Re: NYCC Random chat
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »
I’ll be at the con! I’m curious to see how many Outlander fans are going to be there...I have to admit while I’ve read the book I have yet to get through the first episode of the series, but I think the actors seem cool.

I’m hoping for some Game of Thrones actors. Any word on Agents of Shield? They’re usually there and they skipped San Diego this year again. I wonder if ABC is even going to bother with a shortened order of episodes.

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 03:35:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Awesome yea my group was 50/50 people who had read the script ahead of time. We were in the back of the Orchestra/main theater. It was actually a smaller theater than I expected so it didn't look like there was a bad seat in the house. 1-2 parts had some things floating up by balconies that we didn't have the best view of but it wasn't anything pivotal.

I sat in the very last row of the orchestra for Part 1 when I saw it. The stage did NOT seem that far away even though I guess it technically was. There is a special effect you miss if you're sitting under the dress circle overhang (which I believe starts at row T, or somewhere thereabouts).

I sat in the balcony for Part 2 (I was with a group of 5 that had 3 orch seats and 2 balcony seats, so we switched), and there is definitely something that happens that you miss in the balcony. (Not saying anything else, because #keepthesecrets)

All this to say, there are pros and cons of both. But even if you miss one or two things, trust me, you won't even care.

If you have even a passing interest in Harry Potter, and can get reasonably priced tickets, go. See it. The magic that they pull off on that stage is INSANE. I'm already trying to figure out how I can see it again.

Also, a long shot, but they do have a lottery called the Friday 40, where they release 40 tickets for $40 total (20 per part). The NYCC shows will open up in the lottery the Friday before (so, September 28). Starting at midnight Thursday night/Friday morning Eastern time, you can enter the lottery for shows 10/3-10/7. I believe you have until noon that day to enter. Then they start emailing winners. If you win you have one hour to purchase your tickets or they are released to someone else.

Weds and Thurs/Fri tickets are lower priced than the weekend tickets, and they usually have better availability, especially Wednesday, since it's a weekday and includes a matinee performance. So Wednesday will probably be your best shot if you want to try to buy tickets in advance. And I would definitely try to see it on Broadway, because if it ever tours there are some things that they just will NOT be able to do at a tour venue. They had to completely renovate this theatre to accommodate this show, and a tour is going to lack some of the built in effects.

Also, finally, if you go and sit in far away seats, I used binoculars. Not for the whole show, but there are some very intimate scenes that are just two actors standing in the same spots and talking, and during those moments I used binoculars to see their facial expressions, and it really helped elevate the performances for me.

See it! You won't regret it!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:45:07 AM »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
so this is now the Harry Potter Cursed Child chat.

Well OK, I saw it in March/April and I'm seeing it again this Sunday. If you are a Harry Potter fan it's definitely worth it, but its also worth it to see a show anyway since you are in NY and NY is a destination spot in and of itself
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 04:38:45 PM »
Haha, [member=1222]mllNY[/member]  thanks for your input as well.

To get back on topic, how's everyone feeling about that Doctor Who panel announcement? With tickets starting at $102... ouch.

Join Matt Smith, David Tennant, Alex Kingston and Aaron Sagers for a once-in-a-regeneration experience at the Hammerstein Ballroom on Friday, October 5 in a special NYCC Presents event: Tardis Time! ✨ Tickets are on sale now: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  #Tardistein #NYCC

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 09:20:36 PM »
Haha, [member=1222]mllNY[/member]  thanks for your input as well.

To get back on topic, how's everyone feeling about that Doctor Who panel announcement? With tickets starting at $102... ouch.

Join Matt Smith, David Tennant, Alex Kingston and Aaron Sagers for a once-in-a-regeneration experience at the Hammerstein Ballroom on Friday, October 5 in a special NYCC Presents event: Tardis Time! ✨ Tickets are on sale now: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  #Tardistein #NYCC

there is no topic in "random chat' LOL

yeah it is pricey but they've charged before- wasn't it mark hammel last year?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
    • Gender Biased Reviews
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 08:45:30 AM »
Haha, well mllNY pointed out that it had turned into the Harry Potter chat, so I thought I'd drive it back to be more NYCC-related!
Yes, there was a separate Mark Hamill panel last year, but with much more reasonable prices starting at $14 instead of $102! As a friend of mine pointed out, at that price it should include ALL of the Doctors, haha.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 11:23:41 AM »
I don't like the idea of these paid panels.  I get why they do it but I for one am not going to attend them.  There is enough for me to do at NYCC that I don't need to.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 01:02:43 PM »
I've never done a paid panel and I won't start now

[member=2339]NCDS[/member] was there a panel that you did buy tickets for. IIRC you did for something one year or at least you were considering it.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 01:17:20 PM »
I've never done a paid panel and I won't start now

[member=2339]NCDS[/member] was there a panel that you did buy tickets for. IIRC you did for something one year or at least you were considering it.

We did the cheap seats for Mark last year and he was repeating everything I heard for free at his panel at SWCO. 

Lesson learned, don't do it!

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2018, 08:35:06 AM »
Speaking of panels, the panel schedule goes live on Wednesday, Sept. 5th. based on the NYCC newsletter.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 10:12:40 AM »
I'm going, as usual.  I got approved again for a Professionals badge.

I have to admit that because NYCC is my "home" con, I don't get as excited for it as I do going to San Diego.  I don't get a hotel and just take the LIRR from home every day.

So far, I've only put in for taking Thursday off from work.  That's the least crowded day and best day to explore the exhibition hall, IMO.  Whether I add Friday as a day off will depend on whether there are any "must see" panels that day.

I guess you could say NYCC is my "home con" as well.  I live in the opposite direction  (Rockland County).  I'm going Fri and Sat.  Those are the only days I wanted.  NYCC is fun, but it's not as exciting as SDCC (IMO).  That's saying a lot, as I am such a cheapskate.   :)  I actually look upon it as a holdover con for me.  It helps get me thru until SDCC.   :) :) I could drive in, but I usually take a metro north train from Westchester County.  It costs about the same as driving, but it's more relaxing, because driving into NYC is such a pain.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 04:20:09 PM »
Do we know if all badges were mailed out?  I bought for someone in the General sale and I haven't gotten the badge.

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
    • Gender Biased Reviews
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2018, 10:23:22 AM »
Do we know if all badges were mailed out?  I bought for someone in the General sale and I haven't gotten the badge.

We still haven't received our Saturday badges, which we bought in the General sale.

Also, looks like there are much cheaper ticket options now for the Doctor Who panel, starting at $22.

Offline alexny0007

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 07:35:24 AM »
Hola Eveyone, its been a while since last time so thanks for always keeping us up to date with news and interesting stuff.  I'll be there this year.. Last year I just missed exclusives and panels because i did not know about the lottery...bummer.  I live in Brooklyn, so not bad taking the F train to the 7 at 42nd Street. This time of the year probably the most exciting as since comic con is near and thanksgiving and Christmas for sure :)
Quick question, does anybody know when the sign in lottery starts? and also do i need my tickets to do so? i ask because i am still waiting on them. Thank you

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2018, 07:43:22 AM »
Quick question, does anybody know when the sign in lottery starts? and also do i need my tickets to do so? i ask because i am still waiting on them. Thank you

The lottery opens on Thursday, but they haven't announced what time yet. Keep an eye on their social media.

You do not need your badge, just the email that you purchased your badge with.

Also, hello, fellow Brooklynite.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah