Author Topic: Autographs  (Read 4054 times)

Offline hlmerf

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Autographs
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »
Is it standard for people to charge for autographs, is that the norm or the exception? What should I expect to pay?

Thanks!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: Autographs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:56:21 AM »
In most cases autographs are free. Some are handled via raffle and some you line up. There are a FEW that charge but not many.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:40:56 AM »

Offline birmabang

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 63
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 12:01:36 PM »
There are some areas where some folks charge for Autographs, Particularly in the Sails Pavilion.  They usually charge something on the order of $20 for an autograph with a picture they may be selling.  But all stars are supposed to sign your Comic-con guide for free, if I'm not mistaken.  For Autographs in the exhibition hall, run by one of the exhibitors, these are almost always free.

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »
Depends where and who.
Autograph in the Sails pavilion should be free (because organized by SDCC). Some (former) actors have booths, and might charge a decent amount of money for a signature or a picture.
Some booth on the other hands might have guests, and most of them sign for free, but you might have to get a ticket or line up a bit in advance.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »
Here is our autographs section of the forum from last year.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jujubaSD

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 67
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 08:00:50 PM »
I didn't peep the link that Chris posted.

... But just wanted to add that there are a few that do charge down on the Exhibit floor as well. (Of course, in addition to the free ones put on by the varying networks, etc.)

Prices range from as small as $5/$10 (this was with Walter Emanuel Jones, The Black Ranger from Might Morphin Power Rangers). And it was a "take a photo with your own camera/phone" type thing. But he was willing and able to talk to you for as long as he wasn't busy. I think we chatted with him for a good 20 minutes.

John Barrowman on the other hand was $40 and I'm not sure if that also included the photo-op. And I remember seeing Gillian Anderson going for $70/$75. Shatner is usually around the same price. etc etc...

Also, some of the networks with the free signatures have strict rules about not taking picture with the celebs (mostly to keep the line going). But I've managed to take pics with them if my husband is in line behind me or outside of the line.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 02:04:51 AM »
I got John Barrowman's autograph last year. He wasn't feeling well and they told us no photo-ops but he talked to everyone a little bit. I even had a chance to show him my Jack cosplay from 2012

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline jujubaSD

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 67
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 10:18:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I got John Barrowman's autograph last year. He wasn't feeling well and they told us no photo-ops but he talked to everyone a little bit. I even had a chance to show him my Jack cosplay from 2012

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That's a bummer. He must've gotten the Con Flu too. He did pics at least one day though. I remember seeing a friend post pics with him. He's cool. He does a lot of conventions and stays the duration of the event for autographs/photo ops everyday.