Author Topic: Marvel to return to Hall H  (Read 11255 times)

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
Re: Marvel to return to Hall H
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2019, 10:19:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
possibly first footage for Shang Chi?

Simu Liu was cast for Shang Chi like a week and a half ago. I doubt there is footage.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2019, 10:36:01 AM »
Considering they just cast Shang Chi last week I doubt there would be footage. I’m thinking more details about Eternals, more footage for Falcon and Winter Soldier. I’m not sure if they can string a full trailer for Black Widow but at the very least more footage.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 04:13:43 AM »

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2019, 10:45:23 AM »
Falcon and Winter Soldier either starts shooting for real the week before D23 or in October — I’ve read both, and the October time came from Sebastian Stan.  So it’s very doubtful that they’ll have anything.
Black Widow had only been filming for about 30 days when they brought footage to SDCC.  By D23 it will have been 30 days since SDCC.  And it seems like that is the only project besides Black Widow that may have filmed anything before D23.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2019, 03:33:03 PM »
In regards to 2021, I can see them passing if they choose to wait til after Thor to make a formal Phase 5 announcement. The only properties they’d have to promote are Hawkeye and Thor, unless the streaming series continue past 1 season.

But that’s two years away. Let’s savor the memories of this year and worry about next year

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2019, 07:50:43 PM »
The full movie panel for D23 is scheduled for 2 hours, that includes all of the Disney animated and live action stuff, Pixar, and Star Wars.  Marvel will get probably 15 minutes?  I don’t think there’s going to be much, especially since all of those movies he casually dropped at the end of the Hall H panel are going to be Phase 5.  I’m thinking maybe a Black Widow trailer and possibly first footage for Shang Chi?  After all, everything through 2021 was announced, and 2021 is the next D23 ...
Yeah I don't think anything else is shooting other than BLACK WIDOW so maybe a different sizzle reel: or same one + an edited scene or two?
I can see them maybe adding additional cast members that hadn't been cast by Comic-Con (like who is laying Mandarin in SHANG-CHI?!). 
It's hard to say, but as you say Marvel Studios doesn't have a ton of time.  In addition to Marvel, Pixar, Disney live-action, & Star Wars (not even SW gets its own freaking panel?!) maybe Disney will want to hype any Fox releases as well in that time?

Heck, wild speculation time:
what if Disney announces _for now_ DEADPOOL and X-Men will continue under the 'Fox' banner and Disney announces DEADPOOL 3/X-FORCE is in pre-production now?  Maybe down-the-road X-men characters will be introduced into the MCU but for now it's staying under the Fox umbrella.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2019, 07:58:31 PM »
I saw something online in the past couple weeks that X-Men and Deadpool had officially been taken away from Fox and put in Marvel’s hands.
And curiously, the description of the movies panel makes no mention of Fox.
I’m really not expecting any big surprises from Marvel at D23, since they announced a lot at SDCX, and Disney has all of its other studios to promote at D23.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2019, 03:33:32 AM »
Yeah I don't think anything else is shooting other than BLACK WIDOW so maybe a different sizzle reel: or same one + an edited scene or two?
I can see them maybe adding additional cast members that hadn't been cast by Comic-Con (like who is laying Mandarin in SHANG-CHI?!). 

That was announced at Comic Con - Tony Leung (Chiu Wai).

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2019, 08:50:03 PM »
That was announced at Comic Con - Tony Leung (Chiu Wai).
Oh shoot, you're right because I cheered LOUD with that announcement (I'm certain my Geek Card is now revoked for forgetting such joyous news).

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2019, 10:42:41 PM »
I saw something online in the past couple weeks that X-Men and Deadpool had officially been taken away from Fox and put in Marvel’s hands.
And curiously, the description of the movies panel makes no mention of Fox.
I’m really not expecting any big surprises from Marvel at D23, since they announced a lot at SDCX, and Disney has all of its other studios to promote at D23.
Now Disney own Fox I'm not sure how they can be taken away.
I think it's pretty obvious that Deadpool will continue under the Fox banner now under the marvel banner under the Disney banner - hahahahaha.
X-Men is a curious one. I'm thinking no announcements until maybe next year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk