Author Topic: Wondercon 2019: March 29-31 Anaheim  (Read 25360 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Wondercon 2019: March 29-31 Anaheim
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2019, 09:59:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2019 TOUCAN TIPS! #09: Explore WonderCon’s Artists’ Alley and Small Press Areas!

Our Artists’ Alley and Small Press areas are a huge hit with our attendees, and for good reason! Between both areas, there are close to 500 amazing artists and creators to see, which can be overwhelming. Make the most of your time (and remain stress free!) by planning your visit in advance. Use our Artists’ Alley, Exhibitors, Fan Table, and Small Press Lists for the most up-to-date information on who’s coming and where they will be.

Not familiar with these areas? Both Artists’ Alley and Small Press feature some of the best and up-and-coming industry professionals in the comics, science fiction, fantasy, and related popular arts fields. Make sure to visit Artists’ Alley for your favorite artists and illustrators, including a lot of our special guests (TIP: This year’s Artists’ Alley has an amazing gathering of popular comics prots … check out that list and plan accordingly!)  Interested in independent publishers? Head over to Small Press!

Navigating these areas can be tricky. With so much to see and do, it’s easy to spend an entire day there! We’ve compiled a checklist to help you traverse your way with ease:
Plan your route!

Use the links above to find out who will be at WonderCon Anaheim 2019 and where. A little bit of prep goes a long way.
Bring supplies!

There will be some essentials available in the Exhibit Hall, but you may want to think about bringing poster board, tubes, comic book bags and backing boards, original art rigid sleeves, or packing material to make sure your art and books makes it home safely. Don’t forget pens: bring permanent markers or colored pens for autographs.
Get Sketches, Prints, and Posters!

Many artists’ will do sketches for a fee! Bring a sketchbook; it’s much handier than a piece of paper!

A lot of artists offer prints and posters of some of their work, which you can get signed with purchase. Don’t forget to browse through portfolios and binders on the artists’ tables. They can’t display everything, and you never know what hidden gems are lurking in their binders.

Collect the business cards of artists whose work you like so you can visit their website or social media pages.
Be courteous!

Don’t forget your manners. Be courteous and don’t ask the artists and creators to sign everything—choose your favorite items!
Keep it moving!

There’s a lot to see, but congestion and lingering in the aisles can create safety hazards and traffic jams.

WonderCon’s Artists’ Alley and Small Press areas are filled to the brim with amazing art, comics, books, and creators. Make sure you set aside enough time to see it all! Click here to see the exact locations for both areas on our Exhibit Hall Map!

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badges!

Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2019 hotel reservation information!

Make it a WonderCon Weekend and stay at one of our hotels with special rates!

Bookmark the WonderCon Front Page and Toucan for up-to-date information on WonderCon Anaheim 2019!

Posted on Mar 14, 2019

Offline Catechie

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »
Do you have any information on portfolio reviews? I am bringing my daughter and she wanted to meet some publishers, I believe they did it last year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 02:31:00 PM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »
Do you have any information on portfolio reviews? I am bringing my daughter and she wanted to meet some publishers, I believe they did it last year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Portfolio Review

WonderCon Anaheim offers Portfolio Reviews by the companies and individuals listed below. While you may not get a job offer, you will get an honest appraisal of your work and feedback that will help you in the future.

All Portfolio Review sessions take place in Room 206B on Level 2 of the Anaheim Convention Center.

Offline scottydizzy

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2019, 08:49:54 AM »
Anyone else still waiting to get the "Your badges have shipped" email, much less your actual badges?

~S
Monsterpalooza - Burbank 2014-15, Pasadena 2016-19
Star Wars Celebration - L.A. 2007, Anaheim 2015
WonderCon - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (L.A.), 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2019, 10:16:56 AM »

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2019 TOUCAN TIPS! #11: Picking Up Your Badge Onsite

Did you purchase your WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badges after the shipping deadline? No problem, we have you covered!

If your badge was not shipped in advance, you’ll be able to pick up your badge onsite. All you need is your valid photo ID and your badge confirmation that was emailed to you upon purchase. Can’t find your badge confirmation? Check the email account associated with your Comic-Con Member ID. Make sure to peek in those pesky email SPAM folders just to be safe. Still can’t find it? Log in to your Member ID account, click the “Registration Info” tab, and select “View My Registration Confirmation” towards the bottom.

Now that you’ve got your photo ID and your badge confirmation ready to go, what’s next? Bring both onsite to the Registration Area in Hall E of the Anaheim Convention Center: 800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 during the badge pick-up hours listed below. Yes, you read that right ... badge pick-up has moved to HALL E for 2019. Oh, and while you’re there, don’t forget to pick up your Program Book, bag, and lanyard!

Single-day badges can be picked up on the day indicated on the badge. If you purchased all three single days (Friday through Sunday), you can pick up your consolidated badge on any of the days listed below.

Extra eager to attend WonderCon Anaheim? Next day badge pick up is available from 3:00–7:00 PM only. For example, if you purchased a Sunday badge, you may pick it up on Saturday from 3:00–7:00 PM, or any time on Sunday.

BADGE PICK-UP HOURS

Thursday, March 28, 2019: 12:00 PM–7:00 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2019: 10:00 AM–7:00 PM
    Saturday, March 30, 2019: 8:30 AM–7:00 PM
    Sunday, March 31, 2019: 8:30 AM–5:00 PM

Badge pick-up hours are subject to change, and even though they probably won’t, make sure to double-check here as we get closer to the event!

Wait just a second … where do attendees receive their Program Book, bag, and lanyard if they had their badge shipped in advance? Great question! You’re going to head to Hall E of the Anaheim Convention Center when you get onsite to pick up these goodies.

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badges!

Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2019 hotel reservation information!

Make it a WonderCon Weekend and stay at one of our hotels with special rates!

Bookmark the WonderCon Front Page and Toucan for up-to-date information on WonderCon Anaheim 2019!

Posted on Mar 18, 2019

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2019, 10:38:23 AM »
For those who are interested, discounted Disneyland tickets are available.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2019, 11:13:03 AM »
Legion M will have a couple of meetups to promote their new movie "Field Guide to Evil". The theatre is out in Santa Ana though, so not Con-adjacent. Looks like tickets to the movie are 10 bucks.

Friday--

Saturday--

"Join Legion M and its members for a special showing of "Field Guide to Evil"! Frida Cinema is a 15 minute drive from the Anaheim Convention Center, so if you're joining us for WonderCon, you have NO EXCUSE not to come to this meetup!

We'll have two meetups -- Friday night and Saturday night. Come to one or the other, or both!

In attendance will be Legion M's president Jeff Annison, COO and Head of Content Acquisition Terri Lubaroff, and VP of Development David Baxter. "

They also mention a Legion M sponsored fandom party to be hosted by Bernie Bregman and Nerds Like Us. Details TBA--

Offline eek

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2019, 12:25:11 PM »
This will be my first WonderCon! Going on Saturday.
I've attended SDCC the past four years and will be again this year. Interested to experience how "relaxed" WCA is in comparison.

Glad to see we can pick up our Saturday badge on Friday 3p-7p.

Does anyone have any transport recommendations from Irvine?
Trying to decide if we should just drive in super early to get a parking spot at the convention center garage, vs parking farther away and shuttling in.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2019, 12:32:02 PM »
I've attended SDCC the past four years and will be again this year. Interested to experience how "relaxed" WCA is in comparison.

Trying to decide if we should just drive in super early to get a parking spot at the convention center garage, vs parking farther away and shuttling in.

Come early and park at the Convention Center. It shouldn't be a problem at all around 7-8am.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2019, 01:49:49 PM »
Have the B-list celebrity signings been announced or listed? I haven't attended WonderCon in a few years, but they used to have celebrity signings for a few B-list movies and films from the 70's and 80's that you didn't need a wristband for; they would be in designated areas of the convention center. The last year I went, they had a Superman signing. I reviewed the list and didn't see anything like that this time around. Just wondering if I missed it somewhere, or if they don't do that anymore.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2019, 02:33:25 PM »
Have the B-list celebrity signings been announced or listed? I haven't attended WonderCon in a few years, but they used to have celebrity signings for a few B-list movies and films from the 70's and 80's that you didn't need a wristband for; they would be in designated areas of the convention center. The last year I went, they had a Superman signing. I reviewed the list and didn't see anything like that this time around. Just wondering if I missed it somewhere, or if they don't do that anymore.

I was looking too. I don't see anything announced about who is there to sign (paid signings) this year. I do see an autograph area on the floor map though. Last time I really looked into this, I think a couple of years ago, Margot Kidder was there and I kept walking by her and thinking about it and never did it, and I REALLY regret that now.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2019, 08:36:59 AM »

If the Convention Center parking is a problem, there is a Disneyland lot (the 'Woody and Friends' lot) that's very very close to the Convention Center.  It's Disney parking money, for sure, but it almost certainly won't be full if needed.  That's where I'll likely park Friday (albeit with my Disneyland AP).  There might be a sign that says "don't park here for Convention events) but they're not going to track you down and check it out.  I've parked in that lot for NAMM before, probably Anaheim's largest convention by a LOT and the Woody and Friends lot is never problematic

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2019, 09:06:40 AM »
Remember, parking may be a bit crazy for Disney too, because they are building another parking structure. Parking is $25.

It's actually way cheaper to park down the street at Target and Lyft there.

Do not parking the side streets across the street from the back side of the convention center off of West Street. It is permit only.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2019, 04:08:53 PM »

Saturday Badges for WonderCon Anaheim 2019 are SOLD OUT! Friday and Sunday badges are still available! Don't miss out, on the show! #WCA2019

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2019, 06:55:31 PM »

I love that part of WonderCon! We call it "The Aisle of Washed Up Stars" :) I remember one year(I think it was when Wondercon was in LA) we saw Chaka from Land of the Lost, The Soup Nazi form Seinfeld, and Cissy from Family Affair. And some others, too. It was quite entertaining!