Author Topic: Good places to eat in anaheim  (Read 70683 times)

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
Re: Good places to eat in anaheim
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Roscoe's opening delayed to April.
That makes me sad :( [even though it's good because I will be on a diet]

Yzrfan

Good places to eat in anaheim
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 05:00:45 PM »
Tomorrow I'll be going up to the convention center area.  I'll post a more detailed list of restaurants within walking distance of the hotels and convention center. What is one thing that's been missing from the earlier posts or you need more info on?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 05:42:08 AM »

Yzrfan

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 04:10:07 PM »
I know the past couple days have been crazy with SDCC badges sale an the upcoming Hotel sales opening next Tuesday. Hopefully this post will help the out of towners for WC. Sorry, it took a while for me to post the info, but finally was able to replace my laptop, which died before Christmas. Here is the complete list of restaurants in the area of the Anaheim Convention Center. For the sake of this post let's say the Convention Center is at the Intersection of Katella Avenue and Harbor Boulevard. Katella runs West/East from Interstate 5 Freeway to South Walnut Street, and Harbor runs North/South from Interstate 5 to Chapman Avenue. With that said, here we go.
Harbor between Interstate 5 and Katella:/b] On he East side of the street you have a Mimi's Café, Millie's Family Restaurant, McDonalds, IHOP, Captain Kids Buffett, Tony Romas, 24 Hour Subway, and a pizza place. On the West side of the street you have Disneyland, ABC Market, and a 7-11.
Harbor between Katella and Chapman:On the East side of the street you have an IHOP, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, Coco's and Denny's. On the West side of the street is Overland Stake House, Morton's, Ruth Chris, Carl's Jr, Buca Di Peppo, Joe's Crab Shack, Outback Steak House, and a Red Robin.

Katella between Interstate 5 and Harbor: On the North side of the street you have Bubba Gump Shrimp, Cheesecake Factory, McCormick Schmidt's, P. F. Changs, California Pizza Kitchen,  Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, and Del Taco. On the South side of the street you have no restaurants.
Katella between Harbor and Walnut:On the North side of the street you have Disneyland and no restaurants. On the South side of the street you have Jolly Roger's Café, Denny's, Coco's, Tiffy's Family Restaurant, Maria's Pizza and Italian, and Wonderland Market.

Downtown Disney: You have ESPN Zone, Earl of Sandwich, House of Blues, Catal Restaurant, La Brea Bakery and Café, Napples Risorante, Rainforest Café, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Tortilla Joe's, Haagen-Dazs, Jamba Juice, and Uva Bar.

Also for your last minute Cosplay needs and items left at home, you have a Target Store and Walgreen's Pharmacy at the intersection of Harbor and Chapman.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 04:27:07 PM »
Very nice list - thanks Yzrfan!

I live down the street so I don't really think about all the food places by here but there are a ton of options...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Yzrfan

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 04:33:40 PM »
Been there many times before. Being  hungry at a con and you don't want to wait in line for a bad hamburger, broke ass nachos, and a $10.00 coke. Plus from my experience last year and at D23 the wait at the food court in the hotel was stupid. 

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:04 AM »

Captain Kids Buffet

I would try to avoid this place if you can. This place is scary. First experience is that the price listed on the door does NOT include the beverage station - it's an additional $2 (or at least it was the one time I went). Also, the food quality is questionable. There were makings for tacos on the day i went, and it had been sitting there for a while, untouched by anyone. I also got fried chicken that was pink on the inside.

That said, I would recommend the Subway if you just want a cheap lunch - easy walk from the Convention Center, open 24 hours, and you can get a $5 footlong sandwich and bring it with you to Con. :)

Yzrfan

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2013, 09:47:30 AM »
Ya, I've driven past it for the past 39 years and have never had a desire to try it.

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »
I just remembered, there's a Carl's Jr. that's maybe a block and a half from the convention center itself, just south on Harbor Blvd., if you have a craving for a Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger. :)

Yzrfan

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Yes at harbor and Orangewood.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »
Down the 91 from the 57 is Slaters 50/50. It's been on a couple food shows about bacon. They have the bacon milkshakes and brownies.

There is a Slater's 50/50 in San Diego

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Yzrfan

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2013, 03:13:30 PM »
One just opened in Lake Forest. Went two weeks ago. Great food, but they were still working out the kinks in the service. The one in Lake Forest might be easier to get to then the one in Anaheim Hills for those going to WC.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »
One just opened in Lake Forest. Went two weeks ago. Great food, but they were still working out the kinks in the service. The one in Lake Forest might be easier to get to then the one in Anaheim Hills for those going to WC.

Huntington Beach too.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2013, 03:35:11 PM »
If you have a car and some free time in Sunday, brunch on the Queen Mary is awesome. :)

Yzrfan

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2013, 03:40:10 PM »
Do the ghosts join you for brunch at the Queen Mary?

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2013, 04:11:11 PM »
Do the ghosts join you for brunch at the Queen Mary?

Yes, but there's plenty for everyone :)