Author Topic: WonderCon 2020: April 10-12, Anaheim  (Read 40112 times)

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
Re: WonderCon 2020: April 10-12, Anaheim
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2020, 05:31:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Virtual cons are the future.  I'm not saying that physical cons are going away, but being able to attend virtually is good for everyone.  It allows more people to attend.  It buffers the revenue stream when people can't physically attend.  Just like how colleges that don't support online classes are caught short footed right now.  I don't think they'll make that mistake again.

Maybe instead of there being no comic-con this year, it will be the first year of virtual comic-con.  I watch most of the panels on youtube anyways.  If the G20 can meet virtually, why not comic-con?

Maybe it is the future, but I dislike everything about it. To me a con is everything about the people, the ambience, parties... a virtual one just sounds like an improved directory of exhibitors to me

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2020, 05:54:40 PM »
Maybe it is the future, but I dislike everything about it. To me a con is everything about the people, the ambience, parties... a virtual one just sounds like an improved directory of exhibitors to me

I agree. Doing things I normally do online, even if they're somehow con-related (watch presentations, find out entertainment news, buy things) and then calling it a virtual con just fails to excite me. The entire point of a con, in my opinion, is to pull all of this together into one big real life in person event.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 04:22:33 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2020, 07:02:56 PM »

And you can have all that.  Others can enjoy it virtually.  Why do you think it has to be either or?

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2020, 10:14:35 PM »
WonderCon@Home

We’re missing you this weekend at WonderCon Anaheim 2020! Over the years WonderCon Anaheim has built a reputation as one of the best comics and pop culture events in the country, and we’re very sad to have to postpone this year’s event.  But …

We’re pleased to introduce WonderCon@Home this weekend! We’ll be providing links on this page to videos, activity and coloring sheets, Zoom meeting backgrounds, a cosplay challenge, a one-of-a-kind print at home badge, plus a WonderCon Anaheim Merch store with exclusive 2020 items for purchase. And don’t forget our WonderCon Anaheim Online Exhibit Hall, featuring links to many of our exhibitors, Artists’ Alley and Small Press creators, and Fan Groups! For more WonderCon@Home fun, search #WCA2020 on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.

Capture the magic of WonderCon Anaheim from your couch!

Sense of Wonder: The Art of WonderCon Anaheim with Jen Bartel

In February 2020, the Comic-Con Museum premiered a new gallery exhibition called “Sense of Wonder: The Art of WonderCon Anaheim.” The exhibit showcased rare, behind-the-scenes art from the WonderCon Program Book covers from 2010 through 2020. The 2020 cover was designed and illustrated by artist Jen Bartel, who was present at the opening night reception. Here’s a recording of a Facebook Live interview done with Jen talking about her work on the cover and her career in comics and beyond.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:19:35 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2020, 11:11:47 PM »
Virtual cons.  Don't fight the future, embrace it.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2020, 12:04:05 PM »
Best of a bad situation.
Hats off to CCI for finding this workaround!
I'd rather be at wca but... If I have to be home I'd rather be entertained by fellow geeks ;)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2020, 12:38:14 PM »
She is live right now

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2020, 03:57:22 PM »
SATURDAY, APRIL 11

WonderCon@Home Badge

Although there won’t be a security guard checking your badge at the door, here’s a WonderCon@Home printable badge to wear all weekend! Simply download the PDF, print, and cut to size. Make sure your printer settings are not set to “Fit” … print at “Actual Size.”

Once you’ve got your all-couch access pass, take a selfie with it and post it to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter with the hashtag #WCA2020 to let us know you’re participating in WonderCon@Home!

Click here to download your WonderCon@Home badge!

Exhibitor Badge!

ethancastillo05 Late to my table @wonderconbecause of homework but going live soon. Watch out for some Post-It Note drawings for sale today! Hope you stop by and say hi! #WCA2020#WonderCon #WonderConOnline #SpiderMan#CopicMarkers #Co

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 05:05:58 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2020, 04:00:03 PM »
SATURDAY, APRIL 11

Take a Break with our WCA@Home Activity Booklet!

Want to take a break from the online and streaming world and exercise your mind? Here’s a solution: Download our first WonderCon@Home Activity Booklet, which contains a puzzle, a story prompt for a 3-panel comic strip, and our old buddy Stan the Toucan (all decked out in his WonderCon T-shirt!) to color. Break out your pencils, crayons, markers and pens and flex your biggest muscle: your brain!

Click here to download today's Activity Booklet!

SATURDAY, APRIL 11

The Art of Shag Video Presentation

"The Art of Shag," a Comic-Con Museum gallery exhibition, featured works from Josh Agle (Shag) himself. Imbued with a distinctive attitude and sly sense of humor, the works of Shag blend pop culture, Tiki culture and the Mid-Century Modern aesthetics. His unique pieces are unmistakably of our time, but reminiscent of animation and commercial art from the 1950s and ‘60s. The exhibit displayed signature prints, originals, merchandise, and book samples from Shag’s career that portrayed his distinctive colorful style and sense of retro decadence. This presentation by Shag was a Facebook Live broadcast on Feb. 1, 2020, and features the artist discussing his career and influences, with an emphasis on his art.

Click here to watch The Art of Shag!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2020, 04:59:42 PM »

WonderCon@Home Zoom Meeting Backgrounds

Yeah, we’d like to be in sunny Anaheim right now, but … well, you know. So let’s pretend with some Zoom backgrounds you can use to liven up your video conferencing on Monday and make yourself the envy of your office. We've picked a selection of photos from past WonderCons … just pick your favorite below, click on it,

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2020, 05:04:17 PM »
Activity Book #2

SUNDAY, APRIL 12

Ready for another WCA@Home Activity Booklet?

Put aside those chocolate bunnies and get out the pencils, markers, and crayons because we’re back with a second all-new Activity Booklet! Once again, we’re featuring a puzzle based on one of our WonderCon Anaheim 2020 special guests, a 3-panel draw your own story prompt, and a coloring page featuring Stan Toucan!

Click here to download our WC@Home Activity Booklet #2!

This WonderCon@Home page and the Online Exhibit Hall will stay active on our website for the foreseeable future … please come back and visit often and enjoy the content you may have not already seen … or enjoy it again!

From all of us at WonderCon Anaheim and Comic-Con, stay safe, STAY AT HOME, wash those hands (a lot!), and we’ll see you all soon (we hope)!

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
WonderCon 2020: April 10-12, Anaheim
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2020, 05:06:01 PM »
I’m supposed to be claiming my reservation at Oga’s right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 05:18:22 PM by mickeyjack3 »