Author Topic: Newbie FAQs/Discussion for SDCC Badge Buying  (Read 51591 times)

Offline Meka

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Re: Newbie FAQs/Discussion for SDCC Badge Buying
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 03:09:15 PM »
Thanks! That's actually very helpful! Nice to know there is a way to check.

Also, in my book, 4 days definitely doesn't count as late! Ha ha ha

Offline batman_maybe

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On a related note, could Ms. A use my credit card to buy the badges? My address and name on/linked to my credit card are of course different to her name/address.

I didn't see this part answered. Can anyone verify if "Ms. A" could use someone else's credit card info to purchase for them? Thanks!!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:01:14 PM »

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 05:06:35 PM »
On a related note, could Ms. A use my credit card to buy the badges? My address and name on/linked to my credit card are of course different to her name/address.

I didn't see this part answered. Can anyone verify if "Ms. A" could use someone else's credit card info to purchase for them? Thanks!!

Last year, my lady friend got in and was able to buy badges for two other people. She used her own CC, but didn't buy badges for herself, and only for her friends. So IF, and that's a big if, the system is like last year, then yes "Ms. A" can use someone else's CC. I think the badges were even shipped to my lady friend, but that I don't remember, and would have to ask her to confirm.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »

Yes. I have used someone else's dd info for payment, and someone I know has used my cc info for payment.

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 12:47:16 PM »

Also verifying this. For a while, I had the biggest open credit on my card so we always put our badge purchase on my card no matter who in the group got in or which badges we were buying. Of course, this is barring any changes. I wouldn't see that option changing though because there are so many families purchasing badges.
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline batman_maybe

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 08:35:23 AM »
Hey guys! Looking for some clarification on CC's verbiage regarding "multiple browser tabs" vs "multiple browser sessions" during registration.

If I have multiple family members all trying to purchase badges (each with their own Member ID), can they use multiple sessions of the same browser on the same computer? For example, could they have 4 different Firefox windows open, each logged into the waiting room with their own ID on a single computer?

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »
Hey guys! Looking for some clarification on CC's verbiage regarding "multiple browser tabs" vs "multiple browser sessions" during registration.

If I have multiple family members all trying to purchase badges (each with their own Member ID), can they use multiple sessions of the same browser on the same computer? For example, could they have 4 different Firefox windows open, each logged into the waiting room with their own ID on a single computer?
You would need to use different browsers.  One Firefox, One IE, One Edge, One Chrome, etc.

TravT77

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 05:56:36 AM »
Can someone "legally) use more than one Member ID in Open Reg, using 2 email accounts but the same name and mailing address on both accounts. I ask because my son already had an account, then I unknowingly created him a new account using an email I setup just for CCI. Will there be a conflict in the system if we try to use both during registration?

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 06:47:02 AM »
Can someone "legally) use more than one Member ID in Open Reg, using 2 email accounts but the same name and mailing address on both accounts. I ask because my son already had an account, then I unknowingly created him a new account using an email I setup just for CCI. Will there be a conflict in the system if we try to use both during registration?

The short answer is no this is not allowed. I don't think the "system" will kick you out but worst case scenario if CCI discovers the issue they could end up canceling both member IDs and any badges associated with them.

TravT77

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 06:54:57 AM »
The short answer is no this is not allowed. I don't think the "system" will kick you out but worst case scenario if CCI discovers the issue they could end up canceling both member IDs and any badges associated with them.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Seems weird they even allowed the second one to be created, as that allows people to "cheat" the system.  Thanks for the advice, we will only use one of the accounts to avoid any issues.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 07:08:06 AM »
That's kinda what I was thinking. Seems weird they even allowed the second one to be created, as that allows people to "cheat" the system.  Thanks for the advice, we will only use one of the accounts to avoid any issues.

It likely will get canceled at some point. Here are CCI's rules on the matter: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They state "Duplicate Member ID registrations will be automatically cancelled."

Also: "Comic-Con will periodically review all Member ID accounts and if duplicates are found, they will be automatically deleted. You may not register for more than one Member ID account. If a deleted account had an associated Comic-Con Badge, that badge will be automatically canceled, less a 10% processing fee."

So if I were you I would just cancel the second one that was created and use the first one.

TravT77

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 07:11:29 AM »
It likely will get canceled at some point. Here are CCI's rules on the matter: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They state "Duplicate Member ID registrations will be automatically cancelled."

Also: "Comic-Con will periodically review all Member ID accounts and if duplicates are found, they will be automatically deleted. You may not register for more than one Member ID account. If a deleted account had an associated Comic-Con Badge, that badge will be automatically canceled, less a 10% processing fee."

So if I were you I would just cancel the second one that was created and use the first one.
Ah! Will do. Thanks again! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cres

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 12:39:14 PM »

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't come up anywhere (or that I've missed it), but I would assume that different sessions (in the software meaning of session) would actually do the trick and work as expected - I do not mean different instances of the same browser on the same computer, but rather actual sessions meaning the use of Incognito / private-browsing etc.
Does anyone know this not to work? I.e. using two Chromes one in normal mode and the other in Incognito mode?

(If anyone does try this, please note that multiple Incognito windows in Chrome do share a session between them, so do not try to have multiple incognito ones).

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't come up anywhere (or that I've missed it), but I would assume that different sessions (in the software meaning of session) would actually do the trick and work as expected - I do not mean different instances of the same browser on the same computer, but rather actual sessions meaning the use of Incognito / private-browsing etc.
Does anyone know this not to work? I.e. using two Chromes one in normal mode and the other in Incognito mode?

(If anyone does try this, please note that multiple Incognito windows in Chrome do share a session between them, so do not try to have multiple incognito ones).

I would think you should also be able to use multiple profiles if your browser supports it. I haven't tried it though.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »
I have to do open reg for the first time since 2010 (when you could just buy tickets later...imagine that!) so I have a questions.

When I got into the buying page for Ret Reg, it had me enter in my member ID (or it was already there...I don't remember exactly) on a landing page before I got the actual buying portion. It already had my member ID as one of the options for badge buying. With Gen Reg, if I enter in with my member ID on the landing page, will I then have to buy myself a badge no matter what? I think it was locked in and I couldn't change it...Although again I may remembering it wrong. I am trying to buy for someone else - I don't need any more badge days.