Author Topic: What are your SDCC Panel Gems?  (Read 3672 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: What are your SDCC Panel Gems?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 10:29:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Will add on to this, especially since one of the Cartoon Voice panels is always immediately after Quick Draw. This has been our must-see since our kids were little.
What day has that panel traditionally been on?

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 10:34:07 AM »
What day has that panel traditionally been on?

Saturday morning in 6BCF, Quick Draw will be the 2nd panel in the morning and Cartoon Voices right after.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:29:04 AM »

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 11:41:57 AM »
Thanks for all the input!  If Marvel decides to skip again this year I think I'm going to have to check out Quick Draw and Cartoon Voices.

I concur with Screen Junkies.  After wristbands were given out a couple of years ago we wanted to do another panel so walked into that one and were pleasantly surprised.  Was a really good time.

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 02:21:59 PM »
Last year the "Fan Favorite" panel was really fun.  Here' a link for who all was there: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I wasn't familiar with a couple of the shows that were represented but it was still entertaining (though I guess there could have been spoilers if I was paying attention). The 100 and Lucifer didn't have their own panels so that's why I went.  It was a fun panel that all the actors seemed really excited about (I mean, they could have been acting since that's their job).  They all riffed off each other's answers :)

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 06:36:17 PM »
Last year the "Fan Favorite" panel was really fun.  Here' a link for who all was there: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I wasn't familiar with a couple of the shows that were represented but it was still entertaining (though I guess there could have been spoilers if I was paying attention). The 100 and Lucifer didn't have their own panels so that's why I went.  It was a fun panel that all the actors seemed really excited about (I mean, they could have been acting since that's their job).  They all riffed off each other's answers :)

I was going to say this one, too! I waited outside for ages for that panel but it was so worth it. Probably my favorite panel of the con!
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline Automatic7

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 69
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 10:24:57 PM »
The SyFy Great Debate has been great the last couple of years.  Particularly enjoy John Barrowman and Aisha Tyler argue about everything

For an international perspective, Bubble Comics is always unique.  I'm not sure if the guys will come this year (it's getting harder for them to come each year) but try to see their take on American pop culture from a Russian perspective

the Archer cast is ALWAYS fantastic.
The Archer panel is consistently the funniest panel at SDCC
two years back Aisha Tyler and Lucky Yates got in an argument over Rush's second panel. They started to thrown down on stage. It was pretty funny.

plus they always have swag

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 09:26:55 AM »
Sabrina the Teenage Witch is a top panel for me.  Love that show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 12:44:02 PM »
The DC Animated Premiere on Friday night. They announced last year that this year it will be Batman: Hush.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 02:11:46 PM »
The Archer panel is consistently the funniest panel at SDCC
two years back Aisha Tyler and Lucky Yates got in an argument over Rush's second panel. They started to thrown down on stage. It was pretty funny.

plus they always have swag

Can confirm the Archer panel is great, and I was so happy about the one two years ago for reasons you can imagine hehe. I wore a Rush shirt to Aisha Tyler’s whiskey thing and the first thing she said to me was that she really liked my shirt ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 07:13:17 PM »
I started watching Archer because I sat through the panel at NYCC while waiting for another panel. My friend and I went home from the con that night and started watching season 1 on Netflix.

In short, always worth it.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 02:38:08 AM »

I started watching Archer because I sat through the panel at NYCC while waiting for another panel. My friend and I went home from the con that night and started watching season 1 on Netflix.

In short, always worth it.

That’s how I started watching too. Since then, I’ve been to lots of Archer panels at various venues (NYCC, SDCC, Paleyfest)  and it has always been a riot. Plus, they often have swag.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2019, 08:45:05 AM »
A surprisingly fun panel for me was the 'Little Lulu and John Stanley Fan Group'

I went in to wait and get seated before another panel, and was swept up into the radio days of yesteryear.  They give out script pages and just about everyone who wanted to, got to act in a mini-radio play.  It was so much fun.  Here is the panel description:

The well-remembered Little Lulu comic books were written during 1945-1959 by the gifted all-around cartoonist John Stanley. Recent research continues to identify a large body of other work by this once-obscure master of comics storytelling. Come learn more, and join in for a scripted radio-play style reading of a Golden Age Little Lulu story. All are welcome!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:31:55 AM by marcia29 »
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Laminas92675

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2019, 05:45:55 PM »
The panel I always try to go to is the EW Brave New Warriors panel. Last year Benedict Wong, Tom Ellis, Jay Hernandez, Eoin Macken, Dylan Bruce, and Santiago Cabrera were on the Panel. They always have a great group of guys.