Author Topic: Markers for Autographs (not for offical signings) ($.70 clearance at Staples)  (Read 6967 times)

Offline bfett9

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
BIC Mark It - Color Collection Permanent Marker, Ultra Fine Point, Tuxedo Black, 1 Ct
If any one is interested Staples is clearancing these for $.70 a piece (unpackaged) (INSTORE ONLY)

There are many colors other than black I got sliver and blue as well

Normal go for $3.99 on amazon
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is my first comic con, but it is not my first event with people from whom I would like to get autographs from. You never know who you may run in to wall walking about or see at booths. I always like to have my own set of markers with me just in case. It was by this rule that I was able to once get an autograph from Steve Downes (Voice of master chief from halo video game series) and then a long line of others asked for one as well and Steve Downes essentially stole my marker for 15 minutes... besides the point, I think its a good idea to have one or two.

If you have any suggestions for better markers please share them!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:56:33 PM by bfett9 »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
I always carry a gold or silver Sharpie paint pen everywhere I go, regardless of being at con or not.  (Regular gold and silver Sharpies are good as well.) I love it because of the metallic color--they're great for autographs.  ^_^d Ha ha.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
  • Liked: 6
Excellent, thanks bfett! I try to keep the ones that the CBS booth hands out, the little ones on lanyards but they usually end up being claimed by other family members.
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"

Offline tehlilone

• Ballroom 20
  • It's pronounced "the lil one" ^_^
  • Liked: 185
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Excellent, thanks bfett! I try to keep the ones that the CBS booth hands out, the little ones on lanyards but they usually end up being claimed by other family members.
I had a ton of those last year. I should remember to bring them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
On Sunday last year I got a ton of those CBS sharpies! Anyone want a neon pink 2 Broke Girls sharpie on a lanyard?  :D

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
Last year, Deviantart was also giving out green mini-Sharpie pens as well.  I have quite a few of them. @__@

Basically, it boils down to this: never refuse a free pen or Sharpie marker at con--you'll never know if you need it!  Ha ha.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...