Hall of Records (from years gone by) > 2015 SDCC Programming and Panels

Talk Back?

<< < (4/4)

susanml10881:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI added the 2015 information about resales in my previous post.  ^__^d

I do agree that it seems like CCI won't have a badge resale this year either, but yes, all we can do is wait and see what happens after pre-registration.  We don't know the official numbers (and CCI will not release those numbers), but it's possible that they might sell a good chunk of badges during pre-registration...

--- End quote ---

I really don't see badge resale happening anymore unless a really significant amount of people return their badges, like 50,000. It takes time and effort to hold a resale especially for something like maybe 2,000 returns? And your chances of purchasing would be even lower than a general sale? People would complain again.

Zero:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI really don't see badge resale happening anymore unless a really significant amount of people return their badges, like 50,000. It takes time and effort to hold a resale especially for something like maybe 2,000 returns? And your chances of purchasing would be even lower than a general sale? People would complain again.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  I figured that if they do have refunds on badges, they would use all or a portion of those for giveaways (like those radio sweepstakes), prizes, charity, or other complimentary needs.  It does take time and effort to hold a resale, but it also takes manpower for technical support and customer service, in addition to coordinating with EPIC registration to make sure things run smoothly.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version