Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 117658 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Random Chat
« Reply #645 on: December 25, 2020, 06:13:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That's a very nicely decorated tree! I love the "Christmas elf" on there too. Bwuhahahahahaha!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #646 on: December 25, 2020, 10:48:48 AM »
just gonna leave this here as a commentary on 2020

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #647 on: Today at 07:21:10 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #647 on: December 26, 2020, 09:04:32 AM »
Alyssa, how did you know what I was going to do for New Year's Eve?  ^-^

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #648 on: December 26, 2020, 09:08:58 AM »

Merry Christmas 2020 style. C’mon 2021!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #649 on: December 26, 2020, 11:57:20 AM »

Merry Christmas 2020 style. C’mon 2021!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right back at ya :)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #650 on: December 30, 2020, 01:45:47 PM »
Boston Robotics released another video of their amazing robots.  I was watching this last night after they posted it and I've never seen a video get so many views and have so many comments so quickly.  I couldn't read the comments they were flying by so fast.

Robotics have advanced so far in the last 10 years.  I thought Asimo was incredible when I saw it.  Compared to the current Atlas, it's an arthritic 100 year old.  The thing that amazes me about this Atlas is how fluid the motions are.  Having a high pressure hydraulic system in such a small and mobile package is impressive.  IDK what Google was thinking selling them off.  Now it's a Hyundai.

Humanoid robot bodies are here.  It's no longer science fiction.  Now it's a software problem.  We need to build a brain to drive the bodies.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #651 on: December 30, 2020, 02:51:50 PM »
Next-gen model...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #652 on: January 14, 2021, 09:18:57 AM »
Reedpop just sent out an email and it seems like they are going to try to have in person cons starting this summer. They stressed everything could change. They also said they would be adding an online component to their cons.

Greetings, it’s Lance, President at ReedPop.

You’re receiving this because the entire ReedPop team misses you and felt overdue in giving you an update on things in ReedPop land, so here goes…

I want to start by wishing you a Happy New Year and I hope that you had a safe and happy holiday season with your loved ones. Over the break, I spent time reflecting as we often do at the end of each year. I (like all of you) experienced the most difficult and painful ten months of my life. People have lost friends, family members, jobs and more. We had to part ways with colleagues within our organization and say goodbye to beloved events. We miss running live events for you terribly. Our work is nothing compared to life-saving efforts undertaken by essential workers every day, but we pressed on behind screens, doing our best to bring you at least a few pieces of joy from our physical events.

We’ve been challenged from every direction to think differently about what we do and have gained new perspectives and understanding on how to best serve this community of wonderful geeks we love so much. So what are we going to do about it?

Look for five things from us in 2021:
We run some of the best websites and YouTube channels in the world, you should check them out! Rock Paper Shotgun, Digital Foundry, Dicebreaker, Outside Xbox, Cosplay Central, Eurogamer, GamesIndustry.biz and VG24/7 are all ReedPop sites that had record engagement throughout 2020. These sites are guided by some of the most well respected writers, editors, technologists, designers and video personalities in the gaming universe.
Focused and meaningful virtual events!  In the first half of the year we’re planning a bunch of cool, tiny virtual happenings from celebrity Meet and Greets to Esports tournaments.  It turns out big virtual events aren’t as awesome as real life big events, so instead we’re going to give you lots of curated things to chew on.
We’ve got a bunch of new stuff to show you! Exclusive Merch. Subscription packages to our events and websites. A marketplace connecting you with the creators you love.
Live events again! For information on the 2021 events we have announced to date, click here. As always, we’ll make “the next right decision” as the year progresses. We’ll run events when it is safe to do so and with all the protocols you expect from the world’s leading event producer.  We ask for your understanding that things may change. We promise to be clear and communicative about new procedures and requirements and most importantly, that we’ll not host an event if it is not safe to do so.
No more event sellouts! Once we do get back to live events, we’ll have an awesome virtual component that will bring you access to great content, exclusives and the Con community both on and offline. That means if you can’t get a ticket to an event, you can still be there in a real and meaningful way.

Lastly, I feel it is critical to give space to some of the other issues brought to the global forefront this year aside from COVID-19. The historical tragedies have shone a light on systemic inequality amongst marginalized groups and the ugliness and disparity that exists within our society. Whether online or in-person, we remain dedicated to delivering content and experiences that reflect the beautifully diverse communities we serve and to build safe spaces for every single one of you.

2020 was brutal. 2021 is going to be challenging too, however, we’re jumping into it by working hard to build awesomeness for you!  At ReedPop we’ve never stopped thinking of you and we’re more excited than ever to bring you all the pop culture goodness you crave in every way we can possibly imagine.

Stay in touch, let me know how you’re doing, what you need and if we can help.

Stay nerdy!

Lance Fensterman
President, ReedPop

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #653 on: January 22, 2021, 09:40:24 PM »
sdconventionctr All these posts have us reminiscing about that time he was first in line
📷 : George Allen

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #654 on: February 10, 2021, 10:18:11 PM »

Online marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #655 on: February 12, 2021, 06:10:33 AM »
Humanoid robot bodies are here.  It's no longer science fiction.  Now it's a software problem.  We need to build a brain to drive the bodies.

This video sent chills up and down my spine...not the good chills.... ??? ??? ??? ???
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #656 on: February 12, 2021, 01:14:29 PM »
I for one welcome our new robot overlords. (They probably can't do worse than actual humans...)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #657 on: February 12, 2021, 04:14:18 PM »
I for one welcome our new robot overlords. (They probably can't do worse than actual humans...)

Can they get covid-19-cyber-version?  :)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #658 on: February 12, 2021, 06:21:57 PM »
This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.  What the lawyer says and how he says it so matches the facial expressions.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #659 on: February 12, 2021, 07:29:06 PM »
"I'm here live, I'm not a cat."