Author Topic: badge Resale lottery! 2013  (Read 74109 times)

Offline AlehCemy

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
Re: badge Resale lottery!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »
My problem is I receive something like this: "We’re sorry, but you are not eligible to participate in the Comic‑Con 2013 badge resale. The Comic-Con International Resale Drawing (“Drawing”) is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, age 13 or older at the time of entry, that have been assigned a Comic-Con Member ID as of 05:30:00 PM PDT on 06/07/13, and that have not already registered for or purchased a 4-Day badge (with or without Preview Night) or a single day Saturday badge (“Eligible Members”)"which means that my friends here in Brazil can't participate in this process, and they really need some badge...
What to do now??? =/

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Maybe legalities of a lottery.

Okay, that's something I hadn't considered. I was presuming that maybe CCI felt that international people buying this close to the Con were too limited with time to make travel arrangements. But the legality thing makes sense.

If it is the legality thing, then I can see that preventing lotteries next year for the presale and general badge sale.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: badge Resale lottery! 2013
« Reply #32 on: Today at 11:22:12 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:40 PM »
My problem is I receive something like this: "We’re sorry, but you are not eligible to participate in the Comic‑Con 2013 badge resale. The Comic-Con International Resale Drawing (“Drawing”) is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, age 13 or older at the time of entry, that have been assigned a Comic-Con Member ID as of 05:30:00 PM PDT on 06/07/13, and that have not already registered for or purchased a 4-Day badge (with or without Preview Night) or a single day Saturday badge (“Eligible Members”)"which means that my friends here in Brazil can't participate in this process, and they really need some badge...
What to do now??? =/

I would try contacting CCI directly and seeing fi they will provide some kind of work-around for international potential attendees.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
Re: BREAKING RESALE NEWS!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 12:28:04 PM »
Better that situation than that we're all clueless! ;)

Given the rush that is likely to accompany the resale, the drawing seems to be a fair way to distribute badge sales. But the unfortunately thing is that now people who have 4 day badges can't help others. I had promised 3 other people I would help them get badges during the resale, but now I'm not eligible to apply for the drawing.

Since I have Saturday , I'm also out of luck  >:(
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline AlehCemy

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »
Yeah, I thought about it, but there is only 48 hours to join this drawing pool... Maybe they're going to do another resale for international potential attendees?

I had luck because I was accepted as volunteer, but my friends are out of luck apparentely...

Offline Hidajunshin

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 12:30:43 PM »
I am against a lottery in general for CCI badges, but considering how few there are remaining, I'd say that a person has just about as much luck, maybe even better luck, in scoring one.

So, good luck to those trying.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2013, 12:35:18 PM »
It sounds awful but I don't see CCI doing anything for the international folk. If they were going to, they would've already announced it along with this.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
Re: BREAKING RESALE NEWS!!!
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
Better that situation than that we're all clueless! ;)

Given the rush that is likely to accompany the resale, the drawing seems to be a fair way to distribute badge sales. But the unfortunately thing is that now people who have 4 day badges can't help others. I had promised 3 other people I would help them get badges during the resale, but now I'm not eligible to apply for the drawing.

Thanks anyway for offering to help!
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Hidajunshin

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 12:38:50 PM »
Just posted on CCI's Facebook page:

Due to the very limited number of badges available and our vendor EPIC Registration being focused on coordinating onsite registration, the Comic-Con 2013 badge resale will be conducted utilizing a random drawing.

Because rules vary from country to country as to how random drawings can be conducted, it was impossible for the company in charge of this drawing to be able to research each country's specific drawing rules and implement those rules in a timely manner before Comic-Con 2013.

It is for this reason that the resale is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada only.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 12:39:46 PM »
I just saw that craigslist has exhibitors badges for sale, 4 days plus preview. That also means you get in early and stay late. This person is really DUMB. If they get caught, they will be kicked out of con. Their booth...POOF...history. Besides that, if the persons purchasing the tickets can't get their badge scanned to win anything and if they screw up, it's a black mark on the booth and another chance for them to get kicked out.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
I just saw that craigslist has exhibitors badges for sale, 4 days plus preview. That also means you get in early and stay late. This person is really DUMB. If they get caught, they will be kicked out of con. Their booth...POOF...history. Besides that, if the persons purchasing the tickets can't get their badge scanned to win anything and if they screw up, it's a black mark on the booth and another chance for them to get kicked out.

Did you report them? Send an email to CCI with the link and CCI will ban them.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »
Just posted on CCI's Facebook page:

Due to the very limited number of badges available and our vendor EPIC Registration being focused on coordinating onsite registration, the Comic-Con 2013 badge resale will be conducted utilizing a random drawing.

Because rules vary from country to country as to how random drawings can be conducted, it was impossible for the company in charge of this drawing to be able to research each country's specific drawing rules and implement those rules in a timely manner before Comic-Con 2013.

It is for this reason that the resale is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada only.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

This is terrible for international attendees who are trying to go through the badge resale, but it is also a bit of a 'sigh of relief' in the long term. If this is the reason for not having a lottery now, it means they likely will not have a lottery for badge presale or general sale, which would be a terrifying prospect!

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »
A lottery sounds fair (since that's what epic registration essentially is anyway) but I am sad that foreign nationals are being left out.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 12:52:33 PM »
I'm interested in this line:

our vendor EPIC Registration being focused on coordinating onsite registration

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 12:53:48 PM »
I'm interested in this line:

Are you thinking this means pre-reg for next year?