Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 15650 times)

Offline Lavi

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
Re: SDCC 2018 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »

LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)

Name: Lavi
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown, as close to SDCC as possible.
Days: from Tue 17 till Mon 23 (might be 18 - 22 and work as well)
Price Per Night: not sure, any
Smoking/Drinking: don't care
Spaces: we're 2 girls, including myself

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates: any
Gender Preference of Roommates: fine with any gender
Include a brief description about yourself: We're 2 nerds loving SDCC. I am a cosplayer and my friend is a journalist. We like to attend panels but this is my 5th and her 2nd year, so we're not in a rush. We love to talk anything nerd related.
Additional preferences for roommates: no particular preference.

Offline Lord Bacon

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 03:01:02 PM »
Update: Found a room!

Looking for a room share.

Name: Andy
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Preferably Downtown
Days: Thursday and Friday (2 Days)
Price Per Night: $75-150 (Depending on how many are sharing the room)
Smoking/Drinking: No
Spaces: 1 (Just me)

Age Preference of Roommates: 21+ or any mature adult(s)
Gender Preference of Roommates: Preferably All Male

Include a brief description about yourself: I am an adult male in my late 20's and this will be my 5th SDCC. I am flying solo this year since my friends are either getting married, having kids or are just flat broke. I struck out with the hotel lotto and didn't get a wait-list email this year, so I am looking for a room to share for just Thursday and Friday. Like many of us, I only really need a room to store my stuff, refresh and maybe catch a couple of hours of sleep - I travel light so I wouldn't be taking up much space. I'll only be attending 2 days this year, but I'll be making the most of my time there. I will be camping out at the Hall H line at least one if not both nights and would be more than willing to help you camp out as well! I have attended previous Conan shows and Funko Fundays, and will be looking to score passes for this year as well. I also try to go for exclusives like Hasbro, Lego, Funko and art prints. All of us spend a lot of time and effort into making this trip possible, so you can count on me to help you make it the SDCC experience possible!

Additional preferences for roommates: Would love to share a room with someone who is mature, clean and respectful - you can expect the same from me.

Feel free to PM me!
[/s]

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:35:56 PM by Lord Bacon »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:39:47 PM »

Offline Paradym

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 11:33:52 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Update: Found Roommates

Name: James and Monica
Name of Hotel: The Westin San Diego – Deluxe Bayside View (2 Beds)
Days: Check-In Tuesday the 17th – Check-Out Sunday the 22nd (18th-22nd is fine if that's what you need)
Price Per Night: $79/night per person Taxes and Fees Included ($316 total/person for 4 nights).
Smoking/Drinking: No Smoking, light drinking is fine
Spaces: Double-sized bed available for 2 people

Age Preference of Roommates: 21+ mature adults
Gender Preference of Roommates: No preference
Include a brief description about yourself: My girlfriend and I are two working professionals in our mid-20s. We won’t be spending much time in the room, mainly to sleep/shower. We will occupy one of the Double-sized beds and are looking to fill the other bed with 1 or 2 people.
Additional preferences for roommates: Would prefer sharing the room with two respectful and clean adults, you can expect the same from us. Sleep-time can be limited during SDCC so we would prefer it to be quiet late at night so everyone can get some rest.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or concerns. I will reply ASAP. Thanks. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 04:16:03 PM by Paradym »

Offline freem118

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »
LOOKING FOR 2 ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: freem118
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Residence Inn Gaslamp/Downtown (4 blocks from Convention Center); has full kitchen and fridge
Days: Check in Wednesday afternoon - Check out Monday morning
Price Per Night: $350/per person total for 5 night stay (there will be 5-6 people total in the room each night)
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking; light/social drinking fine
Spaces: The room may have a full size pull out couch for 2 people to share (not guaranteed); otherwise, full size air mattress available

Preferences and Description: Roommates must be quiet during normal resting/sleeping hours; do not touch or move items that are not yours. No smoking in the room; be respectful of others and their belongings
Age Preference of Roommates: 20-40
Gender Preference of Roommates: Female/Co-Ed
Include a brief description about yourself: We will be gone most mornings around 6am and back in late afternoon/evening.
Additional preferences for roommates: Please list what your fandoms/interests are as well as what you are most excited to see this year.

Please message with your info if interested.

Offline KSpraggins

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 02:23:11 PM »
Looking for Roommate

Name: KSpraggins
Hotel: Sheraton San Diego Hotel Mission Valley
Days: Wednesday 7/18 - Monday 7/22
Price Per Night: $160, less if more people
Smoking/Drinking: Flexible/Yes
Spaces: Double Occupancy - 1 King Bed, Just me

Age Preference of Roommate: 18+
Gender Preference of Roommate: Co-ed
Description: I'm 26, married work in the film industry as a Clean Up artist and in the video game industry as a free lance modeler.
Additional Preference for Roommate: Someone who likes to get up early and head to the Convention Center.

Offline Pixie Elf 33

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2018, 08:59:34 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE

Name: Pixie Elf 33 & Husband
Name of Hotel: The Hard Rock Hotel, studio room (2 queen beds)   
Days: Check in Wednesday 7/18/18 and check out Sunday 7/22/18
Price Per Night: Looking for one roommate to split the cost of the room with. The full cost of the room for all 4 nights is $1,387.60. The roommate would pay half of that cost which is $693.80  ($173.45 per night).
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, occasional drink is ok.
Spaces: The studio room has 2 queen beds, so there is one available queen bed.

Age Preference of Roommate: mature adult 21+ only
Gender Preference of Roommate: female preferred.
Include a brief description about yourself: This is our 6th time at SDCC. We typically spend all day at the con and use the room for sleeping and showering.
Additional preferences for roommate: Looking for a quiet roommate, who is organized and keeps the space clean.  Would like a roommate that's also trying to get a good night's sleep after each day at the con.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:18:29 PM by Pixie Elf 33 »

Offline diana87

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 08:41:58 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (me and my friend already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: Diana and Lavinia
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Wenstin San Diego
Days: 17-23 July
Price Per Night: 250$ a night
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, drinking is okay if light
Spaces: max 3 other people (we have a deluxe bed, if you want to share the room, you're going to bring a sleeping bed with you)

Preferences and Description: we are two italian girls
Age Preference of Roommates: 20-40
Gender Preference of Roommates: all-female
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a journalist, my friend is a a cosplayer.  I prefer non-smoking roommates.
Additional preferences for roommates: Looking for people who are organized and clean, who don't listen to loud music.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:45:04 AM by diana87 »

Offline ickabicka

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 01:44:09 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: sarah
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: downtown
Days: wed - sun
Price Per Night: 80-120 (ok with 300-450 total)
Smoking/Drinking: I don't smoke, haven't had drinks in the room before, but don't really frown if others do.
Spaces: just me

Preferences and Description: all of my stuff is done outside of the room, but the 3-5 hours of sleep i do get, it would be nice to have it quiet. From 1am to 5am. May be in lines camping.
Age Preference of Roommates: na
Gender Preference of Roommates: female would be nice but not a deal breaker
Include a brief description about yourself: calm quiet nerd that just needs a place to rest between events. Have one big suitcase but I do go shopping for nerd stuff.

Offline vgc

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: VGC
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt, Marriott Marquis, Hard Rock, Omni, Hilton Gaslamp
Days: July 18-22 (although I'm willing to accept any part of that time frame minimum 2 nights)
Price Per Night: I'm willing to pay up to $400 for the total of the stay.
Smoking/Drinking: Yes to either. I drink. I don't smoke cigarettes, but don't mind smokers as long as there's no ash everywhere.
Spaces: I'd prefer no more than 5 to a room, unless it's a suite. It's just me looking for a room.

Age Preference of Roommates: 21+
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm female, age 30. I cosplay, but for SDCC, I won't be bringing costumes that take up too much space. I'll likely bring one large suitcase full of costumes and clothes and one smaller suitcase to bring swag back. I'll be up every morning to go to the hall right when they open and I plan on going out partying every night. I'll be back in the room in the middle of the day to nap.
Additional preferences for roommates: I don't care if you're male or female, as long as you're respectful. Messy is fine with me, as long as I have my spot for my luggage, I can work out of that. I'd prefer people that like to go out to parties and wouldn't mind me joining, but I'm respectful if you're not and I'm fine going out on my own.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:59:01 PM by vgc »

Offline np00

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)

Name: np00
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Within 2 miles of SDCC
Days: All Days preferred but open to selected nights
Price Per Night: Max $300
Smoking/Drinking: No Smoking, Yes Drinking
Spaces: 1-4 (I have a group of 4 people looking for roommates but we are open to separating)

Preferences and Description: we have 3 female and 1 male in our group. Age from 25-32.  We are a very laid back group of people just looking to find close boarding to SDCC.
Age Preference of Roommates: open, we are from 25-32
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself:  We are not cosplayers. 3 females and 1 male. All the girls have been to SDCC for the past 6 years. The guy is his first year. We are willing to pay and reasonable people.
Additional preferences for roommates:  Prefer to talk about all the cost/split in advance. We don't like drama since we want everyone to enjoy SDCC.

Offline Nyjin

• Room 6BCF
  • Sleeping at Panels
  • Liked: 139
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 07:06:34 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Nick
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Westin Downtown
Days: Wednesday 7/18 Check In - Sunday 7/22 Check Out
Price Per Night: Room is $240-$280 a night total, depending on occupancy.
Smoking/Drinking: No Smoking. Okay with drinking, although I do not personally drink.
Spaces: Room for up to 4. Looking for anywhere from 1 to 3 roommates.

Age Preference of Roommates: No preference. For reference, I'm 25.
Gender Preference of Roommates: Male preferred, Co-ed acceptable.
Include a brief description about yourself: I am a cosplayer (Star Wars, primarily). Soon-to-be-member of the 501st Legion for costuming. I've been to SDCC three times and attended my first WonderCon this year. I'm a San Diego resident, but got a Downtown hotel this year to have more of the Comic-Con experience.
Additional preferences for roommates: Nothing in particular. Just be mindful of my costumes/props (There aren't many, and they're kept compact in my luggage). Organized and clean is always a preference. My friends and I will also be hitting up certain panels and Downtown events, so feel free to join in if you're up for socializing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:21:10 AM by Nyjin »

Offline Xovivalaxo

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 12:26:12 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE (OR 3)

Name: Vivian!
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: U.S. Grant (0.7 m away from convention center)
Days: July 18-22
Price Per Night: Total is $1395, to be divided by # of occupants
Smoking/Drinking: drinking ok, smoking outside only
Spaces: 1 king size bed. Looking for up to 3 roomies

Age Preference of Roommates: Just no children, please. I am 30, if that matters
Gender Preference of Roommates: no preference, really
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a cosplayer, but I never do armor, so I don't take up much space. I do travel with one large suitcase and a carryon backpack to SD (since I fly from good old Florida). This will be my 2nd SDCC, but I've been attending cons for about 5 years. Super easygoing, fairly quiet, one of those extroverted introverts. You may not see much of me. I get up pretty early to prep for the con (usually about an hour and a half or two hours before doors open), go back to the room at the end of the con day for a shower/change of clothes, then head right out afterwards. Then it's back once the shenanigans are over for sleeping and a repeat the next day. I am super respectful of quiet times and personal space. P.S. huge Whovian and Marvel fan, but I dabble in several other fandoms  ;)
Additional preferences for roommates: Just be good peoples! If you are messy, keep it contained.

Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks, and cheers!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:12:16 AM by Xovivalaxo »

Offline SublimeRubbish

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2018, 01:01:17 PM »
 :) LOOKING FOR CONDO ROOMMATES (I have a condo and some roommates, looking for 1 or 2 more)  :)

Name: Paloma
Location: I have secured and paid for a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo through VRBO on 15th and J in San Diego.
Days: Wednesday, July 18th through Sunday, July 22nd
Price Per Night: The total cost for the condo is $2,294.08, inclusive of service fees and cleaning fee. We are looking to add 1-2 more onto our number so that your cost would be somewhere between $574-458 for the entire period. We are willing to consider people coming for some of that time, but we don't really want to have to deal with having to calculate a multitude of different costs for each person, so if you want us to calculate your time down to the hour, we're not the crew for you.  :P
Smoking/Drinking: Most of the partying, if any, will be done outside of the condo, but there will be some smoking done on the balcony/out the window and maybe some light drinking in the house. We're responsible, reasonable, and fun adults who will take your comfort into consideration so just let us know what you're okay with. All in all, we'll want to keep the condo clean and smoke free to get the deposit back, so nothing out of control will be happening in there.
Spaces: There are two queen beds, one sofa, and one queen air mattress. We currently have at least one bed taken and then we're open to discussing who our extra person will go depending on how many other people we get and what their comfort level is.

Age Preference of Roommates: Open, though prefer someone at least in our age range (mid to late 20s/early to mid thirties)
Gender Preference of Roommates: Currently we have two females and one male (one couple in the group), so we're open to gender, as long as you're a respectful, clean, trustworthy human being. No children please.
Include a brief description about yourself: Hi! I'm a SDCC vet and so are my buddies. We've seen and done it all. I work in Tech in SF and my friends work in Entertainment down in LA. We dabble in cosplay and aren't hardcore partiers, but enjoy taking advantage of all that SDCC has to offer. We have at least one committed Hall H/Ballroom 20 overnight in us each trip and mostly use the room for cosplay storage, staging, showers, and sleep. We usually splitsies on snacks and drinks for the duration of the weekend to keep things somewhat healthy. We get along super well and have been through hell and back together at the Con so you won't have to worry about awkwardness with us.
Additional preferences for roommates: We prefer someone who is at least a little bit on the friendly side and wouldn't mind sharing some part of their experience with us. We do pretty well for ourselves and aren't looking for someone who needs their hand held through the entire thing, but we'd love to add to our group of regular Con friends who we share resources, info, tips and experiences with. A cosplayer would be great, just because we're trying to get more into that, or someone who is in the industry as our two friends in entertainment are always looking for peers to network with.

Reach out if this sounds like you to discuss details!

Offline Cay

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 06:49:53 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES to share lovely CONDO  - 3 bd, 2 bath with nice full kitchen, large living room, Netflix, cable, laundry. Towels and linens provided. One mile walk to Hilton or 2 blocks to trolley and 1 stop (5 mins) to station by Hilton. We've rented the same condo for 3 years, so we know what we are getting and the place is great. Stores across the street, awesome coffee shop 1 block away. Safe, parking available. Patio, bbq grill, all the conveniences of home, but at SDCC!

Name: Cay
Condo Area: We are renting a condo in Barrio Logan, which is an up-and-coming neighborhood 1-mile walk from Hilton or one trolley stop to the station right by the Hilton.
Days: Tuesday through Tuesday (you don't necessarily have to stay the whole time)
Price: The whole condo is $4000 per week, currently have 3 women, can sleep 6-8 - cost would be $1000 for the week for 4 of us, $800 for 5 of us, etc.
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, light drinking okay (i.e. a glass or two of wine, not getting trashed)
Spaces: 2+

Age Preference of Roommates: mid 20s and up
Gender Preference of Roommates: female preferred but will consider men as well
Include a brief description about yourself: The three of us are professional women and con veterans in our 30s. As a hobby on top of our normal careers, we write for several entertainment websites. We've been renting the same condo for 4 years but several of our crew couldn't get passes this year so we have openings. We are neat and respectful and we'd like to think we are fun as well.
Additional preferences for roommates: Need to treat the rental with respect, be respectful of others, share common spaces.

Offline PhoenixArcade

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 03:54:19 PM »
Name: Ashley & Aaren
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt
Days: (Include which days.) Tuesday July 17 - Monday July 23
Price Per Night: Total Cost Per Person will be $500* (* Based on what was paid last year per person)
Smoking/Drinking: Not in the room
Spaces: *1* space available; already found two roomies on here :D

Age Preference of Roommates: Any
Gender Preference of Roommates: All-Female
Include a brief description about yourself: Been going for a few years now... have had fantastic help using this forum so lets see if we can do it again. Other roommate is Aaren who's been volunteering for a while a now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:11:48 PM by PhoenixArcade »