Author Topic: New Marvel Land to open at Disney's California Adventure in 2020  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
This looks pretty cool! It also makes sense that they'd have a Marvel Land at DCA when Star Wars Land is at the Disneyland park.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
Re: New Marvel Land to open at Disney's California Adventure in 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 02:27:09 PM »
Galaxy Edge and then Marvel Land later?!

Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline TheOtherMel

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »
I visit Walt Disney World more than Disneyland and I live on the West Coast. Nice to see some love come our way!
Twitter feed: @mel641

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:19:09 AM »
Time to plan a Disney trip for 2020!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 10:35:57 AM »
This looks pretty cool! It also makes sense that they'd have a Marvel Land at DCA when Star Wars Land is at the Disneyland park.

Yeah, I'm mostly pretty excited.  bug's land is fairly small so I'll be curious to see what they actually put in.  My wife is bummed because we have a toddler (who will be 6 in 2020) and bug's land is the one place where he can kind of roam free and ride lots of little kid rides.  I hope that maybe there is an awesome Marvel-themed little kid ride somewhere in there for the youngins (I'm really excited they're making King Triton's Carousel Incredibles themed BTW).  I wonder if they'll only slightly modify things and make it Ant-man themed (imagine the Chew Chew Train Thomas-esque train navigating around a similar environment to the battle in ANT-MAN)? 
There's so little information right now it's hard to be too excited.  Disneyland has done similar 'big Marvel things' that ended up being a props-on-display place (used to be upstairs from the SW Launch Bay in Disneyland), or stuff they've done in the Hollywood area of CA Adventures.  I hope this is a lot more substantial, but I think there's no way it will be like Cars Land or Star Wars Land or something like that.  On the flip side, Disney did amazing things just moderately tweaking Tower of Terror into the really awesome GotG ride so who knows what they'll do.  As a Disneyland AP I'm pretty cautiously optimistic/excited

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »
Well i have not gone since i was in highschool and that was years ago lol. but now u need like a dam pass just to go and i dont drive so be more to get there and stay at a place just to check out all the changes for a day or 2 lol. i not a huge disney fan or fanactic so if i ever go again it be by chance at the time lol. i be ready to spend i guess 100 bucks to get in and bring any snacks etc to save on buy any food lol. save a bundle take pics or vid any cause buy anything not gonna be cheap since sold in park and all lol. so someday may go , i just dont know when for sure lol.