Author Topic: Low cal adult drinking  (Read 3291 times)

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
Re: Low cal adult drinking
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 11:06:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I tried to get hooked on LaCroix, but it just tastes like ghost-flavors to me. So I'm sticking with my Diet Pepsi habit for now.

It definitely barely has a flavor, but that carbonation satisfies the itch for a soda. I can't do diet drinks because the sugar substitute aspartame gives me crazy headaches. :( So that sucks because they use it as the sugar substitute in so much stuff! I really didn't like la croix at first but now I have Costco delivering several cases to me at a time.
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 12:51:00 PM »
It definitely barely has a flavor, but that carbonation satisfies the itch for a soda. I can't do diet drinks because the sugar substitute aspartame gives me crazy headaches. :( So that sucks because they use it as the sugar substitute in so much stuff! I really didn't like la croix at first but now I have Costco delivering several cases to me at a time.
This sounds like the Target brand Simply Balanced watermelon sparkling water. I do like it, but told DH it was like someone ate watermelon and then breathed into the can! LOL (and eww)!
I have a low tolerance for sugar substitutes, and stevia tastes bitter to me. So, I go with the ghost flavored sparkling waters or full on sugar when splurging (I love Clearly Canadian Blackberry).
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:07:50 AM »

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »
This sounds like the Target brand Simply Balanced watermelon sparkling water. I do like it, but told DH it was like someone ate watermelon and then breathed into the can! LOL (and eww)!
I have a low tolerance for sugar substitutes, and stevia tastes bitter to me. So, I go with the ghost flavored sparkling waters or full on sugar when splurging (I love Clearly Canadian Blackberry).

I've tried a few of the different stevia/plant based sugars and most of them just leave a terrible aftertaste. If I'm quitting sugary stuff it basically means no sugar unless its in fruit. Figuring out the fake sugar = headache and nausea thing was a life changer for me a few years ago but also just eliminated any packaged food labeled "fat free" or "sugar free."  And therein lies my biggest problem lately....too much real sugar stuff. Its harder for me to quit sugar than it was to quit smoking!!

I also just joined up with Weight Watchers. Doing the online only program. My every day goal this month is no fibbing on the tracker app! haha

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 03:45:34 PM »
I find myself not being able to drink low cal beers just cause I don't like them (I hate being a hop head).  However, I did come across this handy chart that shows off the caloric content of beers with varying ABV and ounces.  Kinda gives you an idea of how many calories that 11% Imperial IPA is.

"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 05:13:40 PM »
That's one of the reasons I like Guinness, just 4.2% ABV but tastes much heavier.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 05:24:36 PM »
I mean, c'mon, how can you not like a beer called Mylar Bags? :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline kat_sydney

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »
If I'm drinking at home (which is rare), I will do vodka and diet sprite (or similar).

I find when I'm out, at least in Australia, most places don't sell diet sprite so I will do vodka with soda water and lemon, but I prefer the sweetness you get with diet sprite (even though it is artificial!)

If I drink when I am at SDCC it is usually cocktails, and I don't worry about the calories.  I treat it like a holiday and I figure I walk enough at SDCC to burn them off!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2018, 11:25:24 AM »
I live in So CA and um...we have something now that is WAY better than adult beverages that I'm pretty sure is carb-free.  If, uh, you come to Comic-Con and need suggestions PM me  ;)

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2018, 11:26:46 AM »
I live in So CA and um...we have something now that is WAY better than adult beverages that I'm pretty sure is carb-free.  If, uh, you come to Comic-Con and need suggestions PM me  ;)

This has definitely been part of my trip planning thought process ;)

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2018, 02:09:58 PM »
My drink of choice when I want something fancy with no calories/alcohol/caffeine is Perrier and usually the plain kind. Their orange and strawberry varieties aren't bad either. If it's not available, then I go with Crystal Geyser Sparkling flavored, Arrowhead Sparkling flavored, or La Croix.

I can't do anything with artificial sweeteners...it just plain tastes awful to me and in many ways is worse for the body than sugar. Stevia is probably healthier, but to me it also tastes like lead.

I make my own cold brew coffee and for sweetener I use either raw honey, date sugar, or the brown sugar crystals (turbinado.) Most of the time it's honey just because that's the easiest to find and mixes the best. I also make dark mocha syrup by melting pure cocoa powder (Trader Joe's brand is great, but any 100% cocoa will do) and mixing in some honey or turbinado. You can make just about any kind of all-natural syrup this way...i.e. vanilla by using vanilla extract, rosemary by boiling rosemary leaves for a few minutes, etc. Some of that with cold brew coffee and cream top milk or homemade-style almond milk makes an excellent iced latte/iced mocha  8)
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15