Author Topic: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveways Wed. Sept. 25th  (Read 27782 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
Re: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveways Wed. Sept. 25th
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2013, 08:13:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Brian said via Twitter that none of the tickets will go to waste and that they have another way to give them out or something along those lines. I'm sure he'll pop in today.

I am *very* glad to hear nycc has figured out a way to make sure the bogus ticket draws will get factored out of the pie!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2013, 08:17:05 AM »
I found his tweet:

@SDCCnerdsattack @NY_Comic_Con Nope! We have a backup plan and we have plenty of time to accurately distribute tickets. None will be wasted.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 04:03:35 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »
never doubted it for a sec. You always have solid info.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2013, 08:32:33 AM »
I just didn't want to misquote him or anything! :D

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »
Hey gang! Time for my daily pop in. Here is the deal on some of your questions.

1. The Walking Dead has not confirmed if they will be doing any autographing onsite. We are talking to them but nothing is confirmed yet. If they do decide to do an autograph session it will probably be a very limited number of people like it was the last couple of years. We will distribute tickets in the same manner online as we did yesterday and everyone will know well in advance when they will have a chance to get one.

2. The problem with the site crashing yesterday was not due to traffic. We are still investigating but it looks like someone tried to hack our partners site and that is what caused the issue. This is why we were able to fix it so quickly. It is actually was a crash caused by traffic it probably would have taken longer to get things back up and running.

3. No tickets will be wasted. We have a couple of different back up plans for distributing tickets if we need to use them. We will be contacting everyone that won a free autograph ticket by the end of the day on friday with very specific instructions. If they do not have a valid ticket for NYCC on the day of the autographing they will not be allowed in the building. If you are a winner of a ticket you will receive all of the information you need this week and you will need to confirm several things with us via e-mail. If at that time they forfeit their ticket it will be put into another round of online free autograph ticket giveaways. No tickets will be wasted and we will do everything possible to get them into the hands of the people that want them. There will be no scalping of autograph tickets.

4. There is no easy way to distribute these tickets. It is simple supply and demand. If there are 100,000 people and only 50 autograph tickets there is no fair way to distribute tickets. This process while not perfect at least gives more fans a fair opportunity and getting a free autograph ticket with one of our top guests. I feel that it is a much safer and more fan friendly option than expecting people to camp out overnight outside the Javits. As difficult as it might be for some people to get to a computer or mobile phone I think it is more difficult to expect people to camp outside overnight. We have been very lucky with weather at NYCC but what if we weren't? If we were to try and give out autograph tickets onsite during the show how exactly would that work? We would have 40,000 people get in line for 50 tickets to a Walking Dead autographing and where could we do it onsite? There is no simple solution and someone will always miss out on a ticket and be disappointed. The online system at least makes it fairer for everyone.

5. This was the first time we have used this system and it was mostly successful. We will work out some additional kinks for the next round and will be announcing those soon. As far as trading and ebay goes. There will be no trading of tickets or reselling. No one will have the tickets in hand or the opportunity to sell them. We were VERY clear about people needing a valid NYCC ticket for the day of the autographing and this will be re-iterated and confirmed with people in our communications to them. They will also need to verify the number on their ticket with us. So don't worry...anyone trying to cheat the system will not be rewarded.

I hope this helps clear a couple of items up. Feel free to hit me up with additional questions anytime. Thanks everyone!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2013, 10:35:43 AM »
Thanks for all the answers Brian! I must say, I don't envy your job! LOL

Offline MissyC

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2013, 10:53:28 AM »
Thank you so much Brian! We truly appreciate all of your hard work and for keeping us informed!

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
Hey gang! Time for my daily pop in. Here is the deal on some of your questions.

Yay

1. The Walking Dead has not confirmed if they will be doing any autographing onsite. We are talking to them but nothing is confirmed yet.

oh noes, this would put a serious damper on things if they did not even do a signing

2. The problem with the site crashing yesterday was not due to traffic. We are still investigating but it looks like someone tried to hack our partners site and that is what caused the issue.

hmmm, I have my eyes on some suspects here. Chris Chen and Big Joe, neither of you would happen to know anything about this would you :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:06:19 PM by mllNY »
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline 2k11patriot

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »
So wait, let me see if i understand this correctly. Last year i was able to get a bracelet for arrow signing and my gf got a following bracelet as we waited in line for them near the panels set up on the show floor. Is there still going to be an opportunity to do that? I absolutely despise FB and social media for personal family reasons. Is that literally the only way to get tickets for the signing?

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »
unfortunately yes that is the only method to get autographing tickets
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
While I didn't win, I like the random online drawing. As someone who has camped out at SDCC for Hall H and other events, I like knowing in advance my schedule so I can plan vs this unknown, maybe I'll make the cut off or not deal.

Now, I'm OK with this for "limited" deals like this when you're talking 50 spots and such. I'm less a fan when you have thousands of items, that should be first come first serve.
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline jasonsmith

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2013, 05:05:06 PM »
While I didn't win, I like the random online drawing. As someone who has camped out at SDCC for Hall H and other events, I like knowing in advance my schedule so I can plan vs this unknown, maybe I'll make the cut off or not deal.

Now, I'm OK with this for "limited" deals like this when you're talking 50 spots and such. I'm less a fan when you have thousands of items, that should be first come first serve.

One difference is the line up in the morning for the tickets last year didn't have 100,000 people in line. With the online raffle, you are competing with way more people who wouldn't have bothered showing up early to get in line for the autograph tickets.

Offline DeeKaye2013

• Freebie Table
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
Thanks, Brian, for keeping us updated!!

I just hope TWD cast does decide to do autographs. Hey, they did it for SDCC -- it only seems fair.  ;)

I can't say I'm sorry I won't have to camp out to get these tickets. Heck, it's gotten cold enough to snow in October before! It did in 2011, I think?  :o

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2013, 06:16:02 AM »
Looks like emails started going out yesterday.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »
I also find it interesting that in fact you CAN transfer the ticket to someone else but you need certain info from them.