Author Topic: Still eligible for hotel sale if already have early bird hotel  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Madmax

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 10
Just a quick question before tommorrows doomsday. I have a friend that bought a hotel room during the early bird sale. He says he hasnt' received his email about hotel sales from CCI yet (he only checked early today). My question is, is he still eligible to enter in to the hotel sale. I have the link, can i just forward it to him and we can both use the link, there's no special ID needed and it's just a website so anyone can use it correct? He is aware that the early bird hotels are nonrefundable and he's o.k. with that if he gets a closer hotel. thanks all.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Still eligible for hotel sale if already have early bird hotel
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 03:42:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just a quick question before tommorrows doomsday. I have a friend that bought a hotel room during the early bird sale. He says he hasnt' received his email about hotel sales from CCI yet (he only checked early today). My question is, is he still eligible to enter in to the hotel sale. I have the link, can i just forward it to him and we can both use the link, there's no special ID needed and it's just a website so anyone can use it correct? He is aware that the early bird hotels are nonrefundable and he's o.k. with that if he gets a closer hotel. thanks all.

Short answer: All of the information that CCI released so far suggest that it's a "Yes."

Long answer: All of the information that CCI released so far suggest that it's a "Yes" because the there isn't any type of verification or special code to enter the waiting room queue to (randomly) get access to the hotel request form.  If he manages to get through to the actual hotel request form--again, they'll be randomly selecting people to gain access to the form--he can submit an entry, but there is no guarantee that he will get a hotel reservation placement.  If he has been placed at a hotel, April 8th is the latest that an e-mail will be sent to him to let him know.

Just note that if he doesn't get a hotel placement e-mail by April 8th, then that means he wasn't placed in a hotel through the lottery on April 5th.

From the CCI Hotel page: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"No later than April 8, emails will be sent to all those who have been placed at a hotel.

If you have been placed at a hotel, you will have 72 hours from the date and time the email is sent to confirm your reservation with a deposit. If you do not confirm within 72 hours, your reservation will be cancelled."

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:52:16 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:56:56 AM »
If your friend is getting 2 hotel rooms for all 5 days, he must be richer than anyone I know. Since he can't get a refund, he should probably sell his old room to someone else
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 06:11:53 AM »
he should probably sell his old room to someone else

I'm not sure you can though. Isn't early bird "non-transferable?"
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline Roshawn

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 06:55:27 AM »
Yes eligible and the Early bird sale is non refundable and nontransferable.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Offline Madmax

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 10:54:06 AM »
thanks for all the input guys.  Yes, he was eligible for the hotel sale (as i'm writing this after the hotelpocalypse and he entered). I personally think it's ridiculous that just anyone can enter the hotel sale, i feel it should be reserved only for those who HAVE a SDCC ticket, as this now invites non attendees to reserve rooms en mass and jack up the prices and essentially scalp them to others.

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 04:05:29 PM »
OK. I did not know the hotels weren't transferable.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 05:27:59 PM »
I'm not sure you can though. Isn't early bird "non-transferable?"
Well... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

After April 4, 2016, reservations are NON-TRANSFERABLE.

Name changes and adding nights to your stay will be accepted through onPeak up to April 4, 2016.
OK. I did not know the hotels weren't transferable.
More of logistics, being so close to April 4th!