Author Topic: Vikings Panel Confirmed  (Read 7642 times)

Offline fivexfive84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Twitter: @fivexfive84
  • Liked: 58
Vikings Panel Confirmed
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I just completed a binge session of all three seasons of Vikings and was looking forward to possibly attending the panel. However, given the timing (3:30pm in Rm 6A) not sure if I will be able to make it in if I am in Hall H for TWD and GOT (that is assuming those sessions are around the same times as last year). Anyone go to the Vikings panel last year? I am wondering if there was a long wait to get into 6A?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 05:45:21 AM by alyssa »
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019
EMCC 2011
Wondercon 2017

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Vikings and The Strain Panels Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 12:56:42 PM »
There has been an elaborate Vikings offsite for the past couple of years, and I would expect that they might do this again, so if you can't see the panel, there's that, at least.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Vikings Panel Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:50:03 AM »

Offline karl clement

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 136
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »
 :D ;D im excited its at a better time not at 5:30 like the last 2 years , it always conflicted  with another event
SDCC 2013,2014,2015,2016
FanExpo  2011,2012, 2015
Montreal CC  2011, 2013
Ottawa CC 2013
Cornwall CAPE 2015, 2016

Offline pdemont

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 08:55:44 AM »
I am going to try for a signing this year

Offline Laminas92675

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »
I hope I get to see Vikings this year. I couldn't last year because of the outlander signing. I also missed the Vikings signing outside because I was at the outlander panel.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 05:47:34 AM »
a good summation of the viking swag & events around the con

BY MATT FOWLERHistory's Vikings is returning to San Diego Comic-Con and IGN's got your first exclusive look at the cover of the official Vikings SDCC comic book, which will be handed out to fans who attend the "Bludgeon Booth" on the convention floor or ride the Longship in the Gaslamp district.

Some more details regarding the comic: Vikings creator/writer Michael Hirst wrote the story, with Ralph Tedesco and Joe Brusha acting as script writers. The inside artwork is by Dennis Calero and the cover art - featuring a scheming Floki, an outraged Ragnar, and an injured Lagertha - was done by Anthony Spay. Take a look at the cover below.

History's Vikings panel will happen on Friday, July 10th from 3:30pm to 4:30pm in Room 6A and will feature stars Travis Fimmel, Katheryn Winnick, Clive Standen, and Alexander Ludwig along with creator/writer Michael Hirst and History EVP Dirk Hoogstra. There will also be an exclusive sneak peek at Season 4.

The other Vikings fan actives include:

VIKINGS BLUDGEON BOOTH — CONVENTION CENTER

Vikings will be in booth #437 with a cinematic Instagram booth, allowing fans to create their own special effects Viking battle.

The Bludgeon Booth is a walk-in glass and wooden structure, equipped with multiple ultra-slow motion cameras
Fans dress in authentic costume, choose their opponent and then swing their Viking weapon to unleash special-effect blood splatter; cameras capture cinema-quality footage, which is compiled by on-site editors and integrated into a battle scene from the show
15s clips depicting a Viking battle are sharable via Instagram and other social platforms
VIKINGS HORNS — GASLAMP DISTRICT

Last year’s Vikings drinking horn program returns, giving thousands of horn-shaped beer vessels to eager and thirsty fans.

Select local bars will offer special drink discounts for horn-holders. Some locations include: Analog Bar, Florent Restaurant & Lounge, East Village Tavern + Bowl and The New Yorker. Visit the Bludgeon Booth in the convention center for a full list.
Vikings Brand Ambassadors and Shield Maidens will distribute the horns throughout the Gaslamp District
VIKINGS LONGSHIP — DOWNTOWN / GASLAMP DISTRICT

Fans can ride through San Diego aboard a Vikings Longship, driving through Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and sailing the harbor on Friday, July 10th and Saturday, July 11th.  IGN Logo

Custom fabrication and boat wrap will transform a popular San Diego “Seal Boat” into a Vikings Longship
The boat will offer fans free stops to select Gaslamp locations, with fans receiving a Vikings Drinking Horn at the conclusion of the ride. Exact stops TBA.
Select fans will also have a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard the Longship with the cast of Vikings.
Follow @HistoryVikings for details on how to get a Longship ride and win a chance to board the sunset cruise with the cast.

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Lynnpd

• Exhibit Hall
    • AllStephenMoyer.com
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 07:54:26 PM »
I'd like to get int 6A for the Vikings panel.  How bad are the lines for 6A I've never tried to get into that room before, so not sure how difficult it is. How soon do I need to get in line to be assured of seeing it.

I would have liked to go to GOT, but can't so Vikings is a good substitute for me.  Thanks! and info or advice on how to get into Room 6A will be appreciated.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 10:30:08 PM »
I did the first two panels in 6A today. Got in the queue at 9am. Was in the room within 20 mins. About a third of the way back.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 03:29:50 AM »
Now I understand why I could not get in the room for The Player panel.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 07:25:29 AM »
Actually 6A was pretty full of Gravity Falls fans for The Player panel. There was a mass exodus after the panel.

Ang,
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »
I just realized Vikings is today. We are in the 6A line right now (for Teen Titans Go)  MLP in right now-hoping for some clearing after that. Will report if I get in the room.
Ang

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 11:49:42 AM »
Got in after MLP. Filling in-the guy behind me in line was here for Vikings. Several around me are room camping for Vikings.
Ang