Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off-Topic Chat / Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Last post by semigeekgirl on Today at 04:22:44 PM »
Kids are also included in that unvaccinated stat. Pfizer might get authorization for 12-15 year olds next week, and they said they might be ready ask for authorization down to 5 year olds by September. Every little bit helps!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

« Last post by puppy on Today at 02:03:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's because pretty much everyone who wants a shot, has already gotten it.  Demand has halved since 4/11.  Now some states are no longer taking their allocation of vaccine, they just don't know what to do with it.  Supply exceeds demand.  What's left is the 30% of the population who will be hard to vaccinate.  A large portion of which have vowed not to be vaccinated.  So now there are incentives.  Target is doing the same as they do with the flu vaccine.  They'll give a $5 coupon to get vaccinated.  Considering that most people during a normal year don't get the flu vaccine, I don't think that will cut it.  We are in the carrot phase.

If people won't be allowed to fly out of the country or cruise without a vaccine, that might help motivate some people.
« Last post by puppy on Today at 01:56:36 PM »
Is anyone else concerned about probable variants from India?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trying not to think about it.
« Last post by Andrew Costa Mesa on Today at 01:39:02 PM »
Hospitalizations in California are at its lowest level since the pandemic started 14 months ago.  Currently, there are 1,608 Californians hospitalized, lower than the 1,617 hospitalized on March 30, 2020.  This is a big contrast to the 21,936 hospitalized at its peak on January 6, 2021.
« Last post by Miclpea on Today at 01:37:31 PM »
Is anyone else concerned about probable variants from India?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last post by Andrew Costa Mesa on Today at 01:34:46 PM »
Preliminary studies from Moderna show booster shots have proven to be effective against both the Brazilian and South African variants.  The test subjects were given the boosters six to eight months after their second doses.  The subjects were given either the original Moderna dose or an adjusted Moderna dose targeted against the variants.
SDCC Registration and Badges / Re: SDCC 2021
« Last post by RighteousRita on Today at 01:16:05 PM »
Some companies are already peddling their exclusives online. Icon Heroes and PX
« Last post by Michael M on Today at 12:39:17 PM »
And even though the pace is slowing, it still is forward progress.  The more than get vaccinated the risk becomes lower.  Every little bit helps.
« Last post by Transmute Jun on Today at 12:22:19 PM »
You also have to consider that people who have not yet had the vaccine are those who have health concerns about it. You may not have those same concerns, but they are real to the people who have them. They won't give up their long-term health for the sake of a free donut.
I agree; that feels like reckless behavior, and if organizers are going to be cavalier about a pandemic decision, I would be concerned about other poor decisions management they may make.

This perfectly sums up how I look at those I come into contact with now.  I'm becoming a judgmental person, though I wish I weren't.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10