Author Topic: Wonder Con 2013 rooms  (Read 52600 times)

Offline GoatCheese510

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
Wonder Con 2013 rooms
« on: October 18, 2012, 04:45:04 PM »
anyone reserve a room for WC 2013?

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
Re: Wonder Con 2013 rooms
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 06:52:04 PM »
I booked a safety reservation directly from the Hilton Anaheim.  No deposit and cancelable.  Last year the Hilton was the official WC hotel and the rate I paid then was I think twenty bucks less a day than what I reserved for next year.  I'll probably end up cancelling the safety res when they open the WC hotel reservations but I just want to be sure I have a room at the Hilton for WC.  Being right next door to the convention center it was super convenient.  And it is a Hilton so it's pretty nice.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:29:05 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9691
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »
Since we're going to be at Disneyland as well, I booked a room at the Paradise Pier Hotel. It's easy walking distance from both the parks and the convention center. Even in the pelting rain last year the walk wasn't too bad. I have a AAA discount, but I'm hoping Disney will offer better Spring hotel discounts once the holiday season is over.

Offline GoatCheese510

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 01:11:12 AM »
I'll see ya'll there!

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »
I haven't reserved any rooms yet... Will do soon though

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »
How is with the parking at Hilton? I read it's 16$ a day, can anyone confirm that? Is parking guaranteed?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 01:01:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How is with the parking at Hilton? I read it's 16$ a day, can anyone confirm that? Is parking guaranteed?

Self parking currently at $16. Valet is $22. I remember them posting signs closing off some of the parking so I believe it's guaranteed for hotel guests.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 06:44:40 PM »

$16 sounds like what I paid a day for self parking too when I stayed at the Hilton Anaheim for this past WC...even though they had the cheerleaders and volleyballers there I don't remember having too much of a problem finding a space but I'm not sure that parking was guaranteed.  At most hotels I've stayed at they usually do close the lots to guests only at some point.

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
  • Nerd Gurl In Search Of A Peaceful Soul
    • FaceBook
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »
anyone reserve a room for WC 2013?

I did about a month ago. 
Geek Out - Comic-Con Madness (Pinterest)

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
Just booked our room directly with Hilton. Fully cancelable. Last time we stayed at a Sheraton further away. Can't wait to see the programming for this year. Hope also to meet up with some of you all.

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »
On the WC site at:

CCI says that the headquarters hotel will be adjacent to the convention center but they don't name the Hilton.  Isn't the Hilton the only one adjacent to the convention center?  Looking at a map I guess the Marriott would be the next closest across the street...I am hoping for the Hilton and have booked a safety res there for March but I'm curious if anyone stayed at the Marriott for WC 2012.  If so, how was it?  The rate seems comparable to the Hilton.

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 09:47:29 PM »
I'll post up where I got a room once I know whether my parents want to go to Disneyland that weekend or not...I know that it being Easter weekend, it's going to be busy.

Having gone to Disneyland numerous times for the past 30+ years, I can tell you some hotels that I would NEVER stay at.

Little Boy Blue:

This place has been there probably since shortly after Disney opened Disneyland in 1955. I've seen notes on Yelp stating that the place was remodeled within the past 2 years, but I wouldn't want stay here. The last time I stayed there with my mom, she accidentally set off the car alarm and everyone came flying out to see if it was the police. Several women who were staying there looked to be there just for an hour or two, the bed had a "magic fingers" vibration system, and there were rust stains throughout the bathroom. Not somewhere I'd recommend, even if it IS cheap and close to the convention center...

Zaby's Motor Lodge:

Yes, it's on the corner of Harbor and Katella, close to the convention center, but it needs to be torn down. It looks like it was built in the late 60's/early 70's; it's been remodeled a few times, but the parking is poor, there's a giant fenced off area in the parking lot where it looks like some sort of store used to be but got torn down.

The people who run the place are scary. We had a guy who came to deal with a shower that wouldn't drain, and he showed up with a shaved head, a swastika on the back of his hand, and three Sixes on his forearm. When we complained about the room, they wanted to switch us to another room and gave us keys to someone else's room.

There ARE places that you can stay for cheap, but where I've seen the places be cheap, they've been run down or dirty rooms. Just remember this when you start looking around for a place to stay. :)

Yzrfan

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 12:53:51 PM »
You have two major hotels, Hilton and Marriott right next to the convention center. You have a couple other major ones south on harbor boulevard, but a lot of smaller ones on harbor next to Disneyland. You can't go wrong with one of the Disney hotels, but you will be paying more. As far as parking goes, forever you could park in the neighborhood behind the convention center, but the NAMM show made Anaheim PD enforce no parking there. Try to find a friend with a Disneyland annual pass and walk from the structure to the con. Or try parking in the downtown Disney lot. You get 3 hours free. If you eat at downtown Disney then you get an extra hour I believe. It's $3 per hour to park.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »
There was free parking at Angel Stadium and free shuttles last year. Hope for something similar this year.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9691
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »
I don't think parking or rooms will be as bad this year, because from what I can tell looking at the Anaheim Convention Center calendar, there are no other COns scheduled for Easter weekend. Last year there were 2 other events (non-WonderCon-related) going on at the same time as WonderCon.