Author Topic: Wonder Con 2013 rooms  (Read 52595 times)

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
Re: Wonder Con 2013 rooms
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »
Yeah, that volleyball tourney kinda sucked. It was CRAZY in the area, and where I stayed, the hotel was full of screaming girls all night long (not to mention that the continental breakfast the next morning was pretty much decimated by the volleyball teams)...

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, that volleyball tourney kinda sucked. It was CRAZY in the area, and where I stayed, the hotel was full of screaming girls all night long (not to mention that the continental breakfast the next morning was pretty much decimated by the volleyball teams)...

You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

I think with it being Easter weekend, the odds of any type of event like that is unlikely as families will not be very happy to have their holiday interrupted so you might be competing w/ the Disney goers for rooms but probably won't have to compete w/ anything else going on at the convention center.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:24:03 PM »

Yzrfan

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 08:22:21 AM »
Ya last year kind of was a pain with the volleyball tournament going on. Being a long term OC resident and Disneyland goer, I don't think the crowds will be too bad for the parks. But you never know.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9690
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »
Ya last year kind of was a pain with the volleyball tournament going on. Being a long term OC resident and Disneyland goer, I don't think the crowds will be too bad for the parks. But you never know.

I hope not! We're staying at the Paradise Pier, so we can get the early entry into the parks. The plan is to start at the parks at 7 am, then head on down to WonderCon between 11 am and noon each day (depending on programming schedule). We did this last year (in the pouring rain, no less) and it worked out great!

Yzrfan

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 09:37:44 AM »
Transmute if you are planning on taking the kids to Carsland do it first. Run to radiator springs racers or run to the fast pass. The fast pass machine is located on the main artery of the park next to the entrance of bugs land.

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 10:04:48 AM »

I think with it being Easter weekend, the odds of any type of event like that is unlikely as families will not be very happy to have their holiday interrupted so you might be competing w/ the Disney goers for rooms but probably won't have to compete w/ anything else going on at the convention center.

The screaming volleyball girls were annoying at 1 am when I was trying to sleep. It was also a little annoying when I was walking up to the entrance and they were making snide comments about all the nerds/geeks who were there. Sorry, girls - nerds are in. The Big Bang Theory, Science Channel, proliferation of comic book movies over the past 10 years prove that...:)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9690
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »
Transmute if you are planning on taking the kids to Carsland do it first. Run to radiator springs racers or run to the fast pass. The fast pass machine is located on the main artery of the park next to the entrance of bugs land.

Yep, I've been hanging out on Disboards to get those kinds of scoops. ;) The nice thing about staying on Disney property is that we get the early entry into Carsland, so we can ride RSR and still be in line for Fastpasses before the gates are opened to the general masses. :D

I appreciate the advice. It's good to get information from multiple sources. Thanks!

Yzrfan

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »
Sprzout when they grow up they will realize those nerds/geeks are the ones running the world. Last time i checked, apple Facebook and Instagram weren't started by bieber or some jock. I'm sure if they knew there was a twilight or hunger games panel going on then they would have changed their attitude. Vampires don't sparkle in the sun!!!

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »
I just booked a reservation at the Anaheim Marriott through Travel Planners...$109/night is better than what I have now at the Hilton so I'll probably cancel there.  I wonder why CCI changed headquarters?  I'm not complaining!  I got my badge barcode, room, and Disney pass so WonderCon here I come!  ;D

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 01:31:19 PM »

The girls were young ... ie Jail Bait.
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »
Anyone knows the parking situation for the Marriot hotel?

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »
Anyone knows the parking situation for the Marriot hotel?

Only what I gleaned from the hotel website:

$24 for onsite and $28 for valet (per night).  Hopefully the lot won't be crowded if I drive up from San Diego but I am seriously thinking of trying Amtrak this time.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »
Hopefully the lot won't be crowded if I drive up from San Diego but I am seriously thinking of trying Amtrak this time.

Hoping they have free parking at Angel Stadium and shuttles running the entire time.

The Amtrak stops right next to Angel Stadium.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »
rando, I'm driving up from SD on Thursday night most likely.

Yzrfan

Wonder Con 2013 rooms
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »
The Amtrak station is in the parking lot of angle stadium. Plus if you need to kill sometime between trains, there are several places to eat in walking distance.