Author Topic: Wonder Con 2013 rooms  (Read 52603 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9691
Re: Wonder Con 2013 rooms
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »
Generally CCI doesn't release information regarding the number of badges sold. They don't even have the 'bars' up on the website anymore, indicating how many badges are left (as a %).

That being said, Wikipedia says that there were 49,500 attendees in 2011 (the last year it was in San Francisco).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:39:16 PM by Transmute Jun »

Yzrfan

Wonder Con 2013 rooms
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »
I guess we will have to wait and see.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 04:36:10 AM »

Offline BarefootDokusha

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2013, 06:48:13 PM »
Anyone interested in a Hilton King Studio suite? I have 2 nights available, I will only be there for one night and don't mind sleeping on the sofa bed. Your cost would be $301 after taxes. It would be checking in on the 29th and out on the 31st. I have an early morning flight out of LAX so I would have to stay in LA on the 30th. The room is 202 a night plus tax but with my employee discount it is 149+tax. I can probably get the 28th added if you are coming in on that day. I will be staying in North Hollywood on the 27th and 28th. I also have a regular king room for $99/night plus tax checking in on the 28th-31st. They didn't have doubles available. I really don't want to sleep on a rollaway, but I can for a night since it will only be a few hours. Your cost would be $275 for the stay. That makes it $91.67 per night after tax. You can e-mail me at [email protected]. I am a smoker (it's a non-smoking room, I don't smoke indoors anyhow).

Jennifer
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:56:26 PM by BarefootDokusha »

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »
I had considered getting one of the Con block rooms a few days ago, but the cost is prohibitive for me, what with the cost of parking.

I know someone had posted earlier that it was $16/day for self parking, but when I last looked at CCI's page, it was stating that parking was up to $24/day. That's a little much - I can park at Disney for $15/day and stay at the Motel 6 down the street for less.

But, it is what it is...

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had considered getting one of the Con block rooms a few days ago, but the cost is prohibitive for me, what with the cost of parking.

I know someone had posted earlier that it was $16/day for self parking, but when I last looked at CCI's page, it was stating that parking was up to $24/day. That's a little much - I can park at Disney for $15/day and stay at the Motel 6 down the street for less.

But, it is what it is...

Sprzout, I believe that the $16/day parking is for the Anaheim Hilton which is also being offered by Travel Planners for WonderCon at the same room price as the Marriott ($109/night).  The $24/day parking is for the Marriott.  BTW I think the TP Marriott rooms are sold out already.  :)

Offline Fluttershy

• Freebie Table
    • Imaginary Grace Network
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »
The hubby and I are staying at a Holiday Inn about 10 minutes from the convention center. It helps that he racks up a ton of points toward hotel stays because of his job. ^_^

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »
'nite all
have fun, thanks for letting me live vicariously
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Bernie Lean

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »
Another good option is priceline.com where I got lodging at the Extended Stay Anaheim, 3 long blocks away from the Convention Center, for 82.00 a night plus taxes and fees for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2013, 01:54:53 PM »
Now that the COn is over, does anyone want to post a review of their room/hotel, so we have the resource for next year?

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 09:05:41 AM »
Now that the COn is over, does anyone want to post a review of their room/hotel, so we have the resource for next year?

Marriott at the Convention Center
Pro
- Cheap(ish). 109$ night and 18$ parking per night.
- Really close location to the convention center. It was easy to bring back stuff to the room instead of carrying them all day long
- Room decently nice
- Close to few restaurants and also few restaurants open late
- Anime showings in the hotel all night long during the Con

Cons
- Noise of other showers / people in the hallways 'til late (but way less then the best western I stayed last year)
- Only a tiny small bar
- No free WiFi / TV wasn't that great

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2013, 10:39:02 AM »
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel

Pros

5 minute walk from Disney park entrances, 8 minute walk from convention center
Includes 1 hour early entrance to Disney theme parks, which is very empty (can do a lot of rides quickly)
Next to Downtown Disney, so lots of food options available
Big rooms with daybed (sleep 5)
Nice pool area
Free Wifi

In short, it's the perfect hotel if you want to do both Disneyland and the Con at the same time (which is our usual M.O.)

Cons

Costs $300-ish per night (varies with specials) plus $15 parking

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2013, 07:06:37 PM »
Anaheim Hilton
(next to convention center)

I tend to favor the Hilton chain; I use to work at the Hilton on Mission Bay when I was much, much, much, younger!  ;D. Plus I get Hilton Honor points for staying even booking through Travel Planners.  I stayed at the Anaheim Hilton for the past two WonderCons.

Pros:
It's close obviously.  My room overlooked halls a & b so I could see the lineup outside to get inside the waiting area inside.

$109 a night was a decent price, I thought.  The $16/day to self park was okay too plus you had in/out privileges.  Came in handy for Easter Mass on Sunday although I walked everywhere else the other days I was there.

The room was decent size with ice and soda machines in multiple locations on my floor (12th).

The lobby bar had an open configuration and was a popular spot for attendees to meet and party (right Chris and Khaaaaaaanh!!!?)

There's a food court on the lobby level right across from convention center with subs, Mexican, and a sbarros.  There's also a Starbucks in the lobby.  Plus I think they had their own mail service, UPS maybe?

Although it may not matter to some it was important to me that they had a decent room service and a health spa.

Cons:
Not much for me to complain about really.  No refrigerator in my room, I just brought my rolling cooler.  The main pool area was on the small side and was extremely busy when I was there.

Oh I did walk back and forth to the Disney parks and Garden Walk a few times.  Transmute Jun I don't know how you guys made such good time!  It took me 15 minutes to the parks (okay more like 20 on my feet hurt from walking the floor at WonderCon days).  Maybe because I took Harbor?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2013, 07:15:41 PM »
Oh I did walk back and forth to the Disney parks and Garden Walk a few times.  Transmute Jun I don't know how you guys made such good time!  It took me 15 minutes to the parks (okay more like 20 on my feet hurt from walking the floor at WonderCon days).  Maybe because I took Harbor?

That might be it. We cut through Downtown Disney and then down Katella. Clear the whole way and almost no lights. Plus we're brisk walkers. ;)

Also (and most importantly) the 8 minute walk is from the HOTEL, not the parks. Park gates to Convention Center was closer to a 15 minute walk.

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »
I have three speeds of walking:  slow, slower and is he dead?  In the line to get in the exhibit hall on friday I was ahead of Yzerfan and Kappolo but they soon left me in the exclusive rush dust (my legs were burning from the Disney parks the day before).  Heck, I need more long routes in my life anyway!   ;)

Oh, I forgot.  The Hilton also gave a code for WonderCon attendees/guests for free wifi.  I had my hotspot up on the IPad so I didn't use it.