Author Topic: Wondercon 2013 Registration  (Read 42148 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9690
Re: Wondercon 2013 Registration
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 05:22:09 PM »
That's great news, Briarbun! Thanks for sharing the info!

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 09:02:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just got official word that if your cci profile says materials are "not due," you qualify as wondercon press. We are to await a separate email with instructions as to how register.

Just got that email as well. Looks like i'll be doing 3 days of WC this year! So excited.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 10:11:58 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 03:25:53 AM »
yay, that is nice to know!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58:01 AM »
Just got official word that if your cci profile says materials are "not due," you qualify as wondercon press. We are to await a separate email with instructions as to how register.
Thanks for the info.
Last year I had to go through 2 separate approval processes (one for each con).

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 03:59:03 PM »
Awesome news! Last year I qualified for a WC badge as press and was wondering if I had to re-qualify this year! Thanks for the info!! yay!

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 08:58:05 PM »
Wow...Hope I get notification for Wondercon this year...Last year was the first year I went, and it was interesting. Nowhere near as good/exciting as CCI, but it was reminiscent of the mid/late 90's Comic-Cons that I attended.

This year, my wife is saying she wants to go, at least for 1 day; she might go and hang out at Downtown Disney or Garden Walk instead of staying the full time at Wondercon. Only thing that worries me is if I will have a problem getting her a badge...She has a Member ID, and I got her a CCI pre-reg badge for 2013; I just hope that it's not a problem to get badges.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 03:46:18 AM »
there shouldn't be a problem getting her a badge.  iirc, cci sold badges at the door last year.

I keep trying to get my husband to come to a comic con for a day....after years of trying it's still a 'no go'
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Yzrfan

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 06:45:45 AM »
Last year was my first trip to WC, and I had a blast. It was a nice warm up for the big show. It is awesome to have another CCI event in my backyard.

The poster who is trying to get his wife to go to WC.....do it. My wife missed out on WC last year due to family issues, but for the past five years she's gone to SDCC with me and has a great time. Yes she's a nerd too! Trust me if your wife goes she will have a great time.

And finally to the poster whom wants to bring her husband to a con, have you told him about all the cosplay women?

Yzrfan

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 07:10:54 AM »
Does anyone have an idea of when this month registration for WC will open?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 07:31:35 AM »
Does anyone have an idea of when this month registration for WC will open?

No date yet but considering they plan to sell badges at the door, you probably have nothing to worry about with badges selling out though it is nice to have the purchase complete and the barcode email in your inbox.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9690
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 07:49:33 AM »
Sprzout, it shouldn't be a problem to get your wife a badge. Why not surprise her and get her a 3 day badge? It's not that much more and she might like it well enough to want to return. Also, since we don't know the programming schedule in advance, you want to make sure you bring her on a day when there is a panel she might enjoy.

Alyssa, everyone has different interests. I am lucky that my husband likes to attend Cons (when he can get time off work) but once at SDCC we're often in different places doing different things. We're both geeks, but our interests vary.

In the past there has never been a problem buying WonderCon tickets in advance of the show. I'm not expecting any such problems this year either. *knock on wood*

Yzrfan

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »
I hope badges will be easy to get, but i think with the move so close to Hollywood I've got a bad feeling anout this. I hope WC won't loose the small con feel and turn into a 2 1/2 day version of SDCC. Plus all the new hype with SDCC has been getting a lot of people will be looking at WC as an easier, easy with badge purchase, big con. Don't get me wrong I would love to have two awesome cons, but I don't think my wallet could handle it. For those with wives, husbands, partners, or whatever that's on the fence about going, drag them to one. WC is right next to Disneyland, downtown Disney and Disney California adventure. Plus there's a lot of other cool things to go to in Orange County (fashion island, south coast plaza, Laguna beach, Newport beach, and a short drive to L.A). And at SDCC there are so many cool things to do outside the con. The gaslamp, pretty much all of San Diego, takes part in SDCC week. Bring the whole family. For the past couple years, SDCC is our family vacation.

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »
My wife has gone to CCI with me for the past 5 years, but she's been kinda turned off with the crowds the past 2 years.

I'd like to try to get her to go to Wondercon this year, as I went last year and it was pretty good (except for the rain - I got DRENCHED on the short walk from the Disneyland parking to the Convention Center).

There were only a few panels I really wanted to see at WC, and one of them, there were only about 10 people in it (the Spotlight on Ernest Cline was rather nice and intimate)...But I dunno that I'd go all 3 days unless there were some AWESOME things going on during the show this year.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »
There were only a few panels I really wanted to see at WC, and one of them, there were only about 10 people in it (the Spotlight on Ernest Cline was rather nice and intimate)...But I dunno that I'd go all 3 days unless there were some AWESOME things going on during the show this year.

Cost for 2 days (Friday and Saturday - $20 each) is the same as 3 day badge ($40).
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »
Yeah, I'd buy the 3 day badge, just in case, but I don't know if I'd pop in for Sunday or not. I might just chill at Downtown Disney or something instead.