Author Topic: Sunday Dinner & SWAG Trade - Harbor House Closed  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Sunday Dinner & SWAG Trade - Harbor House Closed
« on: March 01, 2021, 01:22:15 PM »
I know there was a thread saying that Harbor House would close some time in 2022. When we heard this morning that SDCC would not have an in-person event in July 2021, I contacted the manager there to let him know that we would not be attending. The email bounced. I went to check out their website, and apparently they have already closed their doors.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Does anyone know when this happened? They made a Facebook post in December 2020, so apparently, they were still open then.

Once we return to in-person SDCC, I will have a lot of work ahead of me finding a new venue for our Sunday gathering.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: Sunday Dinner & SWAG Trade - Harbor House Closed
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 01:30:25 PM »

Once we return to in-person SDCC, I will have a lot of work ahead of me finding a new venue for our Sunday gathering.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login It might be worth checking with the hotels to see if they could host in one of their restaurants?  MGH has that lounge area with food and drinks right outside the elevator banks (near the escalators to the blood drive) and I'm sure other hotels have a similar area.  I can help with calls if you'd like, once we're in planning mode. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:36:29 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 01:42:43 PM »
I certainly could, however hotels usually charge for using their space. Harbor House gave us a sweet deal, which was that we got the space for FREE. All we had to do was bring the people and have everyone order off of the menu. No set or limited menu, no fee for us, not even a minimum food charge that we had to meet. I'm not sure we could get that again, but I will try any option I can think of once we have actual dates for July 2022.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 04:41:53 PM »
I certainly could, however hotels usually charge for using their space. Harbor House gave us a sweet deal, which was that we got the space for FREE. All we had to do was bring the people and have everyone order off of the menu. No set or limited menu, no fee for us, not even a minimum food charge that we had to meet. I'm not sure we could get that again, but I will try any option I can think of once we have actual dates for July 2022.

I'm happy to ask at Hyatt if you'd like, to see what they have available.  We have time :).

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 07:19:37 PM »
I'm happy to ask at Hyatt if you'd like, to see what they have available.  We have time :).

If you would like to ask, I have no problem with that! I'll definitely be investigating once we are confident that SDCC will actually take place!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 06:25:23 PM »
CCI has listed their new dates for SDCC as July 20-24, 2022.

It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia